Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

its da best

feel free to empty quote this if you also think ikkoku nikki is da best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

As true now as it has ever been

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Simple as.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ikkoki Nikki is...the best

Okashiratsuki is fully translated now. I always like Sahara Mizu's stuff and this was pretty good. There's a nice message about discrimination and acceptance along with the satisfying love story. The gimmick is that there are people with little pig's tails who are looked down upon. It works pretty well since you could transfer it to many other societally "undesirable" traits and the story would be the same.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chas McGill posted:

Ikkoki Nikki is...the best

Okashiratsuki is fully translated now. I always like Sahara Mizu's stuff and this was pretty good. There's a nice message about discrimination and acceptance along with the satisfying love story. The gimmick is that there are people with little pig's tails who are looked down upon. It works pretty well since you could transfer it to many other societally "undesirable" traits and the story would be the same.

this poo poo is like, Dr Seuss level morals, but the romance is cute anyway. I like the scene where the older sister thinks she's pregnant and in the next panel her boyfriend changed so much I legitimately thought it was supposed to be somebody else for a second.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm going to summarize my understanding of the most recent chapter of "My Dress-up Darling" and the drama that led up to this chapter

And then Akira's goes full loving dere and I'm happy for her and Marin.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Brought To You By posted:

I'm going to summarize my understanding of the most recent chapter of "My Dress-up Darling" and the drama that led up to this chapter

And then Akira's goes full loving dere and I'm happy for her and Marin.

Honestly this has made the whole confusing nun costume arc worthwhile.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Thought it was interesting that Gojou just stood there while Akira gushed all over his crush. Not a jealous bone in his body.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mirage posted:

Thought it was interesting that Gojou just stood there while Akira gushed all over his crush. Not a jealous bone in his body.
i don't know that Gojou knows what lesbians are. His introduction to fandom was Marin. For all he knows thats just what fans do.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

girl. glasses. :thurman:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
:bisonyes:

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

:cry:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

i don't know that Gojou knows what lesbians are. His introduction to fandom was Marin. For all he knows thats just what fans do.

We had an arc featuring a super popular drama about lesbians so I think he understands the concept

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i am inches away from dropping kase-san, i can't take another round of her being either a complete idiot or insensitive poo poo depending on the chapter

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
It is absolutely incredible how Kase-san has only gotten more frustrating and less romantically moving forward AFTER they became girlfriends

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
which kase-san are we complaining about. cuz there's 2 and they're both yuri.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're both the same comic. Except split between high school and post-high school.

They're kinda middling, especially the latter.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
They're the same story. Kase-san and Morning Glories is their high school days together that ends with them getting together. Kase-san is their college days where they live far apart and are constantly dense about the others' feelings.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh. Lol. I read the morning glories one at some point. I didn't know it had a sequel. Shame it sucks, apparently.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's two young women who take turns being paranoid and jealous about everyone their partner interacts with. that's it. that's the entire comic. it's incredibly tedious.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's two young women who take turns being paranoid and jealous about everyone their partner interacts with. that's it. that's the entire comic. it's incredibly tedious.

im gonna send it to my sister and her girlfriend

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shame because the pre-college story was good.
I was confused for a sec because I'd completely forgotten it was still going.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
The college story has been terribly disappointing, maybe I should just change my av to the actual Mentat Radnor like I always planned to.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

The college story has been terribly disappointing, maybe I should just change my av to the actual Mentat Radnor like I always planned to.
Only if you get some of the animation frames too.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Only if you get some of the animation frames too.

Oh for sure, it needs the shifty eyebrows.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i feel like kase wanting to be total plotless fluff mostly just worked out to the author running out of ideas for what to do with it. perfect for a one off ova but i always find it hard to think of reasons to read stuff like that as a long-term manga, you need some kind of progression to focus on

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
[X]
:wiggle:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

With a description like this:

quote:

Nokoru Mitsuhashi, a Systems Engineer working for a black company, has improved his quality of life by introducing telework. As he arranges the interior design of his room and becomes more involved with his balcony, he meets his neighbor, Natsu Izumi, a graduate student. This is the story of how one man met his future wife through teleworking, and how they got married after many ups and downs.

How could I not want to read it?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
you read it because you trust the sweat & soap mangaka to create a good romcom

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
More from Nagori Yu.
Fortune Teller and Maid
Self-explanatory title.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You certainly know what you're getting with one of her series

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im reading the angel next door light novels rn and god. these things should be restricted by the FDA. it's an overdose of sickly sweet.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I've been enjoying the Sleepy Barmaid. It's about a bartender operating a bar cart that moves every night. She goes out of her way to prepare the perfect drink/experience for her customers - including traveling to gather ingredients. There's also some focus on other bartenders (all attractive young women of course) who work in different fields like upscale hotel bartending and flair bartending. The proofreader for many of the chapters was a bartender and he writes notes on the drinks and techniques mentioned, which can be pretty interesting. The mangaka apparently chooses a drink for each chapter and goes out with her editor to try it out at a bar, sounds like a nice gig.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Today I saw the first episode of Koori Zokusei Danshi to Cool na Douryou Joshi; The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague, It's so cute! I love the lil' snowmen the main character makes when he's feeling happy. The art is so pretty. I'm looking forward to more cute moments from the show.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a very cute manga. The anime just seems to be directly adapting strip after strip with minimal added connective tissue, which is a bit weird. It's super cute though

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oh drat two More Than a Married Couple chapters dropped in one day. Jiro finally admitted it to himself.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Watched the first episode of Tomo-chan is a Girl!. I'm cracking up. Although, it's interesting. With these types of animes, the feeling behind the character is always known to the viewer. But you can't really tell whether the main male protagonist likes the girl, but is just dense, or if he really sees her as just a friend who's like a guy.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Pan Dulce posted:

Watched the first episode of Tomo-chan is a Girl!. I'm cracking up. Although, it's interesting. With these types of animes, the feeling behind the character is always known to the viewer. But you can't really tell whether the main male protagonist likes the girl, but is just dense, or if he really sees her as just a friend who's like a guy.

Haven't read the manga, but I thought the bit where Misuzu is making him think about Tomo being with another guy and he pushes her into the rain made that pretty clear.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Southern Cassowary posted:

Haven't read the manga, but I thought the bit where Misuzu is making him think about Tomo being with another guy and he pushes her into the rain made that pretty clear.

See, that's the thing. He negates that later by talking to Tomo and brushing it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Perhaps boys too can be complicated, sometimes.