Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Khagan posted:

So I got around to watching Nana... was pleasantly surprised although I feel it could have ended better.

arisu posted:

Probably cause it never ended at all...

and never will. God drat it. :(

The manga goes on well after the show and some incredibly crazy stuff happens, but it still never got a proper ending because the mangaka got very sick and stopped working on it. Apparently she's better now, but still hasn't announced any plans to finish the story which makes me very sad. Like, super sad. I really need to know what happens dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Higashimura-san, plz to be finishing Kuragehime..........

That would be really nice! I miss that whole gang of characters.

I also wish someone would translate her newer work, Yukibana no Tora, but it looks like that one will belong in the seinen thread if we ever get English chapters.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

jackofarcades posted:

Rowdy Ringsports posters have problems with women and think they should only ever have sex with them, or, by extension, the "pro wrestler" in all thse pay per view specials.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Brainamp posted:

Chapter 1 of a promising new yuri series.

:kimchi:

Yamada would make a very good avatar for some enterprising person who wants to clean this up and shrink it.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Baron Snow posted:

OK (OK!), I think I fixed the problem I was seeing.

EDIT:
Possible color pallet? Needs shading and tweaks obviously, certainly up for suggestions.

Awesome stuff! In my head her hat-ribbon thing is sky blue and her gloves are tan or brown. Mouth should certainly be some shade of pink.

Thanks for the effort, if no one buys one by Monday I'll probably break down and do it myself because drat it came out well.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Baron Snow posted:

EDIT: Just saw Mentat Radnor's post, the B&W one is done, but if you want color, let me fix a few things first!

I change my color vote to:

Terper posted:

Uh

did y'all just forget the anime

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Baron Snow posted:

edit: and a filled in mouth, which I personally think looks weird.

Thanks so much, you even put in shadows and highlights! I also thought the mouth looked a bit off so I just lightened the pink and I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 15, 2017

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

edit2: Regarding the latest Kaguya chapters, I kinda like this recent joke of Kaguya becoming dumb with love and mostly stopping her more maliciously deceptive activities, but Shirogane assuming they're still continuing and interpreting all her actions through that lens.

It's a really good development. This manga somehow just keeps getting funnier.

Hayasaka was in top form this chapter too:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

a kitten posted:

Jellyfish Princess ending in August. Sad, but Higashimura is awesome and prolific so i'm looking forward to whatever work(s) she comes out with next.

Every day when checking batoto I silently pray that someone has started translating the four volumes of her ongoing series Yukibana no Tora, but there is no justice in this world.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

A new chapter of Koudaike no Hitobito for the first time in forever! I had to go back and reread a few chapters to remind myself how we got into this flashback. No idea still.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Mirage posted:

Because the mangaka wanted to tell this story? Plus it's another "psychic gets with the person they like" tale, and that seems to be their comfort zone.

Oh yeah I'm happy to read about these characters as well, and I'm assuming it will tie back into the main story. It was just an abrupt change that made me wonder if I missed something.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

Joined a random scanlator discord and found this survey on yuri fandom demographics, p interesting quick read

https://floatingintobliss.wordpress.com/2017/10/14/report-on-the-yuri-fandom-demographic-survey/

This was a good read, thanks!

. . . says the dude with the Kase-san avatar.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Terper posted:

Oh poo poo it's a new Kase-san

Nice!

Mikl posted:

Thank you, new Kase-san chapter, for my new avatar.

Nice!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

A happy surprise today, chapter 11 of Koudaike no Hitobito!

:3:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Waci posted:

Because until this conversation I had no idea about these supposedly-constant problems that make kissmanga unusable for some people, and because batoto is incredibly annoying to use without logging in which kinda discourages doing so.

I'd rather use batoto than ever use kissmanga, even if I had to log in to batoto manually every single time.

Lucky for me, cookies exist. Seriously, making a batoto account was a decision I have never once regretted.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

The Kuragehime manga got a proper ending. It's fairly rushed, but good. I am happy with it.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

spoil if the right love interest won and if they suddenly became a man in winning or not

As it turns out, everyone is a man, and every love interest won because they're all going to live together in their free love hippie commune/fashion and manga sweatshop.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

a kitten posted:

Kase-san and I wish it was a whole series, but :3: anyway

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/938842497337438213

Mikl posted:

I have been summoned.

:3:

Hooray!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

New Kaguya chapter! Ishigami is a saint.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

Sound Euphonium, but with punk rock.

You've just reminded me that NANA will probably never get an ending and now I'm going to drink some whiskey and maybe cry a bit.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

what happened with it, anyways?

The author got really sick in 2009 and it went on indefinite hiatus. She's recovered and last year said that she would like to finish the manga, but there's no concrete news about it.

Alder posted:

NANA unraveled a bit and it's for the better imho.

I guess it was meandering a little before it went on hiatus, but I have a little hole in my heart labeled "closure, and hopefully some happiness, for Nana O's character."

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

gmq posted:

"kinda thirsty protagonist" made me remember I read it months ago! Love it

gmq posted:

EDIT: I don't remember reading the one in the twitter thread though. Huh.

I think that chapter is in volume 4, the licensed version came out yesterday.

http://www.sevenseasentertainment.com/books/kase-san-and-an-apron/

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

are we finally ready to tackle how tsundere slap stick comedies make light of domestic abuse

Just smdh at Nichijou promoting gun violence like that.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/DB1Yvzw.gifv

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

:kimchi:

As much as I like this particular flashback to highschool, I want to see more of their college life!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

a silly little series that is entirely described in the title like some light novel or something. but cute.

I just read this one yesterday (it's on mangadex as well)! For some reason the premise had me assuming it would be trashy (and it is a little bit), but the good reviews and lack of ecchi tag made me take a look.

Turns out it's actually adorable! Shame about that title though.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 5, 2018

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

I think I'd be more into it if it was from the woman's pov. Well it occurs to me now it might swap later but I lost interest pretty quick.

Chapter 5 was from Leo's POV, and I agree it's better that way.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

In this week's chapter of Namaikizakari, more of Naruse being a dummy when his girlfriend is trying to be supportive, and then Yuki being a dummy around mister mysterious older bad boy. :rolleyes: I do generally like this manga but sometimes the writing frustrates the hell out of me.

Also, the author breaking the fourth wall just for shits and giggles:

DisDisDis posted:

can't stop thinking about Harada yuri...

Cool! Cute!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

https://mangadex.org/manga/6485/kinou-nani-tabeta

Food manga *and* gay poo poo? That's gotta be *somebody's* holy grail.

First chapter was very good! Followed so I can read the rest on the bus next week.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

goddammit how have y'all not seen me talk that up before

:iiam:

Yeah there's only 20-some chapters fan translated, glad to hear it has an official release. I'm going to drop some money on it because I really really like adorable and realistic adult romance stuff regardless of anyone's gender. Cooking is icing on the cake.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

it leans more toward slice of life than romance, I mean they're a couple living together but it's very much watching old married people interact which if you're like me is the best but don't expect it to get really sexy lol

That's absolutely my jam. :3:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_end_for_you#1

didn't think this would deliver but it sure did lmao

Oh jeez that surprised me twice. :stonk:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Thanks for linking this, somehow I hadn't read it despite loving other manga with this same feeling. It reminds me of stuff like NANA and 3-gatsu, with these really charming well-defined characters going through strange daily lives and having all these cute and happy moments contrasting with their deep internal sadness and hangups and self-worth issues. I also like that it's about working adults who don't have the *generic undefined office job* cop out.

That latest chapter is a cruel cliffhanger though. If this series ends with anything other than a big gay wedding and the whole family (that includes Nico) moving in to live happily together forever, I'm setting my monitor on fire and throwing it out the window.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

I like the new reader a lot.

Zenostein posted:

It's 100% unnecessary for a site where you generally want to look at manga, not have 20% of the window covered by even more buttons.

Just hide the sidebar!

Lemon-Lime posted:

It has an option to fit to width but cap the width to a set pixel count, which makes it better than 99% of readers out there.

:yeah:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Oh hell yes.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

HelloOoOoO I am the riddle master.
If tho would like to read this yuri, solve my puzzle in a hurry,
They stand here befores, two very ornate doors,
One will always fib and lie,
The other a honest guy,
To one door you may ask a single question,
So make the most out of this Q&A session,
And figure which door holds my yuri

HoHoHo

No clickable images, no scroll bar
only your wits can get you this far

I'm too clever for your games riddle master!

I have trained in secret for many years and discovered an ultimate technique to figure out what Dis is linking!

*goes to dynasty scans and clicks "recently added"*

Ha HAAA! Witness my power! *twirls cape*

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

It has been a while, but there's a new chapter of Koudaike no Hitobito!

I wish it was longer, or rather I hope this scanlator can put out chapters a bit more often. Wikipedia says it's a completed series at 6 volumes and I want to see where it goes. Kie's imagination is great.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

The_White_Crane posted:

"Huh, what is this? Oh, there's a character name there!" *GOOGLE*

In case you still haven't found it a couple pages back, it's called "A Room for Two" on Dynasty scans. Pretty cute and funny from the ~6 chapters I've read so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

Also read Ohana Holoholo, please, everyone

Oh yeah that one's really good, if frustrating. Chapter 21 isn't the end, is it? I would be mad if it just left off like that.

The kid can have two moms and that's fine! Stop killing your own happiness because you think others will disapprove! gently caress society aaaaaaah!