Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Kusaru posted:

Sukimasuki is a 10 chapter manga by Yumi Unita, the author of Bunny/Usagi Drop. It's about a guy who's obsessed with peering into in between spaces, one of which is the girl across the street's window.

Oh, hi Kusaru! :D Anyway, thank you for this recommendation. I loved Bunny Drop, and I've always been interested in characters with really really strange habits. This is going to be an interesting read. I mean, seriously, a dude obsessed with peering through gaps as a vehicle for romance? :munch:

EDIT: Hahaha! And the girl turns out to have just as weird and creepy quasi-stalkerish obsessions as the guy! This is awesome.

vvvvvv

quote:

I enjoy it for the delinquent comedy aspects like in Great Teacher Onizuka, Cromataire, or Yankee-kun and Megane-chan.

Whoa. In that case, I am sold!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Just finished Sukimasuki. That was a really interesting story! Satisfying, and mostly complete - the plot element about the lesbian roommate seemed unfinished and unresolved - but for what it was worth, it was quite a good read. As a person who usually reads action shonen manga, it was a refreshing look at the other side.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

:siren:NEW USAGI DROP:siren:

Awww. That was a great chapter. :unsmith:

You go, Kouki!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I don't read enough Shoujo manga, but one thing I do like is trash-talking, fighting delinquents with hearts of gold, and I just started reading Hana no Asukagumi. It certainly delivers this. Asuka is pretty badass. :)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mysterious Girlfriend is Seinen, and mostly fanservice, and horrible.

Here's something rather hilarious I found:

Iguana Girl

With pages like this:

You just can't go wrong!

EDIT: But it's actually kind of :smith:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 6, 2011

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

musouka posted:

Iguana no Musume isn't hilarious crack, it's a semi-autobiographical short story by the "Tezuka of shoujo manga", Hagio Moto.

Pretty much everything she writes is incredible, except for her sort of middling ballet stuff. Try reading some of her sci-fi. It's great.

Yeah, it is pretty saddening, that story, but very well written. I liked it. Hm, maybe I'll try reading more of Hagio Moto's work, then. I like sci fi!

Here's an interesting find: Mathematical Girls. It's a romance about girls who like math, and a guy in between. I like it, being a mathematical sort of guy, but the character angle is intriguing as well.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Psh. You can't know the true love (or hate) of mathematics if you're not even on a Calculus level :mathsmug:

Feh, those who have mastered Mathematical Logic are on a far higher power level than mere Calculus. :ssj:

A New chapter

Oh geez! Why did he go for the weird spergy math girl instead of the other one?! :smith:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Because the other one is a boring rear end character. Hey I have a crush on my [[classmate/teacher/whatever]] and will get all flustered and crap and will do things I probably wouldn't do normally just to be with him.

wtf is a Milka :ughh:

The math girl is boring too, though, all she ever talks about is math. It's a bit like choosing the lesser of two evils, but I'd rather have a cliche but active character than one who seems to exist just to exposit.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Looks like they've scanlated some chapters of another manga by the woman who did Bunny Drop.

This one is about a family of four! It's very cute.

Yoiningurashi. No relation with Higurashi.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I found a rather cute short story on Danbooru (NSFW ad warning) about a shy girl who meets a friend on Twitter.

It's a nice, honest little story, good for a quick read!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I apologize if this has already been posted -- I admit I'm not a regular watcher of this thread -- but there's a really neat and heartwarming/cute romance manga out: Between Smooth and Rough. The translation is really excellent and professional, too, I hope the group stays with it!