Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer comes to mind (there IS drama, but it doesn't stem from the relationship), but that's hardly shoujo now, is it? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

Yeah, some people are too shy/anxious in real life to confess. I was one of those people in high school. :smith:

It's me, I'm the shy anxious guy :smithicide:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Hey Shoujo manga thread, I need your help. What's the most trashy, generic shoujo manga you can think of? Something akin to what Nozaki-kun writes.
I need an example for a video and Ao Haru Ride, despite my personal feelings against it, isn't that bad (plus i've already made fun of it).

Fushigi Yuugi?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Should I be reading Pochamani? What's it about?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

:byodame: "...What do you think about me?"
:) "You use too much perfume. Also, you're a bitch."

:lol:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm disappointed in you guys. There was a new Collectors chapter and no one said anything :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Gather the good ongoing yuri and offer it unto me, thread. I hunger.

Tamen De Gushi
Collectors
Stretch

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know if my heart can take more Tamen de Gushi.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Poil posted:

Is anyone else reading Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ? Main character is a girl who missed the first week of high school due to illness and feels stuck with no friends in class. A chance encounter makes her want to "rescue" a beautiful girl in her class from being an otaku (she really doesn't like otaku, and her older brother is one) but in order to do so she needs to learn about and pretend to like their interests to get close to her.

For some reason I found the tabletop chapter hilarious.

I am, and it's great.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Alder posted:

Oh almost forgot I've started reading ReLIFE which I want to say is josei despite a male MC. It's a webcomic so the art is so-so but I like the story and characters.

ReLIFE is very good, but it (GENERIC SPOILERS, nothing specific but spoilered to be safe) sometimes gets really serious and has at least one hella dark moment.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oremonogatari. Do it.

(Hilarity option: Nisekoi)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

This shows some promise: Hana Wa Nisemono.

A gay couple prays at a shrine to always be together. The shrine's god goes "Won't that be difficult since you're both guys?" and turns one of them into a girl, without adjusting their sexuality.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

yeah that's kinda hosed

So far the main "conflict" of the series is from the non-genderbent guy going "this girl here who was my boyfriend until a while ago? She's really cute, I care about her, but I'm just not straight :v:"

Will be interesting to see where the author goes from there.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan is super cute.

(The reader I linked only has one chapter but there's two out, I'm not linking the scanlator's site because it's very very :nws: and I think people have been probated for linking to it before, it can be found through google if you want.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Holy poo poo, Tomo-chan is a girl :stare:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yeah, we're forming a lynch mob in the chat thread if he makes Tomo cry.

Count me in.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Also After Hours, which got an update two days ago.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Cardcaptor Sakura? Maybe? It's been ages since I last read it, I don't remember it sexualizing children (or, at least, it had no creepy fanservice that I recall).

Also, through taking a look at the "Magical Girl Anime and Manga" category on Wikipedia:

Hime-chan no Ribbon
Kamichu (an anime though, so not what you're looking for)
Miracle Girls
Sailor Moon
Saint Tail

Those are the ones I know that are mostly fanservice-free.

(Comedy option: Magical Girls of the End.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Precure (at least the series I've watched, which are the first three and Heartcatch) are more "grown up" in themes and more action-y than traditional magical girl fare. For example, most of the time magic attacks are only used as finishers, the fights are the girls straight up punching and kicking bad guys in the faces (and it's awesome). It's about halfway between things like Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura and things like Madoka. I wouldn't go so far as to call it "for adults" though, it's still pretty clearly a childrens' cartoon.

As for official fan-events or brony-like things, I've no idea.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Is this Precure? It's in my gif folder and it seems pretty hardcore for something for little girls.

These are the two girls from the first two series (the second is a sequel to the first, before they went full Power Rangers and started changing main characters each season). I don't recall that scene though, maybe it's from one of the newer movies? (They also did some big fuckoff crossover movies with all the characters in them, I haven't watched those.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

BattleCattle posted:

Googled Precure. Was expecting cheesecake, but found something actually cute instead.

I don't know what this scene means in context, but

It's cute, and I need to see it.

You can start wherever you like, besides the first two season (the second is a sequel to the first) they aren't related at all besides using the Precure name, except for crossover movies and specials (like Power Rangers if you're familiar with how they handle that). I've only watched the first three seasons and Heartcatch Precure, and Heartcatch is very good. You can start with that. (Erika is the best.)

e: the guy responsible for the Heartcatch Precure character designs and animation direction had the same jobs on Casshern Sins.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 24, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

a kitten posted:

It's still on batoto, no idea if that will change. Is it good? I hadn't even heard of it before your post.

It's very good and you should read it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan chapter three

(It's still super cute.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Poil posted:

That link... there's a whole site full of nothing but yuri manga? And it's almost half past eleven on a sunday night. Who needs sleep anyway?

I kinda forgot to put a warning there, but lots of things on that site are DEFINITELY NOT WORKSAFE. Be careful if you go clicking around.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

If NSFW stuff is going to be a problem you should maybe try Dynasty's site since they have most of Yuri-ism's stuff and everything is tagged appropriately so you only have yourself to blame if you read something you shouldn't.

I usually do that. This time I was too excited (no double entendre intended) to see there was a new chapter, I brain farted, and posted directly from Yuri-ism's reader :cripes:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Razzled posted:

the best. do we know how often this one is going to get updated?

According to the scanlator's note chapter one came out in September, so I'd guess we're going to get new chapters once a month.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Fujiyama-san is popular (and super cute).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Fujiyama-san is huge. She's a full 10 cm taller than I am. (4 inches for you people with backwards non-metric units.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Are you actually yamada?

I'm perfectly and boringly average, tyvm :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New Tamen De Gushi, in which :siren: :siren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :ducksiren: :ducksiren:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm forming a Committee to Beat the poo poo Out of Akili/Higashiyama if He Does Not Deliver. Applicants welcomed.

I wish to subscribe.

Isn't this the second time the author has failed to deliver on an ending, though? They also did Prism, which didn't really end but just kind of stopped.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

In that case he got hit for tracing.

Huh, didn't know that.

Still disappointing though, so here's a palate cleanser .

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New Tamen De Gushi

Come on, come on... :suspense:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Ambiguously yuri cooking ch.4

Still super cute, and now I'm hungry again even though I just ate lunch.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm swearing off 'ambiguously gay' stuff

You know you want it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dezinus posted:

I thought a Stretch was funny and cute, sorry yuri fans.

Awesome post/avatar/user title combo.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Tamen De Gushi 80

The slow pace is sometimes agonizing :suspense:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New Tamen De Gushi .

It happened.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

If this goes the Stretch way and they don't end up together I'm swearing off yuri for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A l-love triangle?!