Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm not usually too into Shoujo but Sasamaki Koto was really good. Has the creator done anything else?

Or is there anything similar? I don't know much about hentai but I have a feeling that's what I'll get if I try looking. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Anyone read Citrus? I was told it was good but the reccomendation came with enough "It's not actually"-s that I'm hesitant to actually check it out.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I read it. I didn't think it was awful? The entire premise starts off with vague step-sister totally not actually incest implications and kind of flips back and forth between that and the main character realizing that she's kind of hosed up. It's okay isn't a resounding review though so. :shrug: My favorite characters in it aren't even the main ones, which is probably a bad sign.

I'll just read it, whatever. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I could have sworn I posted this before but apparently I did not.

Sakurazuka posted:

There's only so many times I can read the same things and want to read something new even if it's crap. :(

It's true.

Anyways I read Citrus and I liked it enough to keep reading. The main characters aren't terribly engaging but I like a lot of the side characters, and it's got good art.

After that I read ano musume something something, and it was good too, but it had kind of a bad translation goin on. Like I swear, I could have done a better job and I'm beyond awful at translating. :colbert:

Mikl posted:

Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan is super cute.

(The reader I linked only has one chapter but there's two out, I'm not linking the scanlator's site because it's very very :nws: and I think people have been probated for linking to it before, it can be found through google if you want.)

Ham!

That's cute. :3:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 8, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I was going to say, I felt robbed when it was just the daily updates as normal.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

chumbler posted:

My fridge has been accurately portrayed.

What's that from?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Kiss the girl Shinozaki, join usss.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Poil posted:

So... first episode of the Citrus anime. Kinda as expected. If I remember correctly the manga gets better a bit in so hopefully it will turn out good. :shobon:

I feel so terrible following Citrus, but there's a serious lack of yuri. :negative:

Sasameki Koto was good, at least.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Waci posted:

Was it? I don't want to watch Citrus but the yuri shortage is real and the Sasameki Koto manga was good.

Sakurazuka posted:

The anime is amusing enough but stops before anything actually happens

Pretty much, yeah. The manga was definitely better.

Citrus is kind of weird because I enjoy almost every side character more than either of the two it actually focuses on.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

early onset lesbian bed death

What's that?

e: from.

DisDisDis posted:

You'd think of all people uhhh cis women wouldn't have this erotic fixation with sticking it in dry but it's in so much yaoi lmao

"See how YOU like it!"

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 3, 2018

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

This whole convo in the new Jackass! extra is completely hilarious and then there's cute rear end domestic poo poo which hurts my heart fml and then it gets to the sex part which is pretty hot I think and then theRE'S FUJOSHI SPREADING MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT LUBE USE AGAIN

What happened?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Apparently another group picked up Shishunki Bitter Change after the last one dropped it some time ago, and they post it to imgur from their tumblr page. :toot:

http://shishunkibitterchange.tumblr.com/

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

I've been generally disappointed by all the gender bender bodyswap stuff I've read. What's to like about this one?

It's less about ~goofy antics~ and ~awkward pervert moments~ and more how it would actually be really difficult to be in a situation like that. The story has a generally very somber tone, and the characters are all pretty likable and grounded fairly realistically.

It also actually focuses on longer term consequences, as by the current point in the story, the protagonists swapped over towards the end of elementary school, and they're in the middle of high school at this point.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
every time someone says punk is dead, it grows more powerful.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Sound Euphonium, but with punk rock.

This is why Sonico is unironically the best waifu.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mentat Radnor posted:

You've just reminded me that NANA will probably never get an ending and now I'm going to drink some whiskey and maybe cry a bit.

what happened with it, anyways?

Cuntellectual posted:

Apparently another group picked up Shishunki Bitter Change after the last one dropped it some time ago, and they post it to imgur from their tumblr page. :toot:

http://shishunkibitterchange.tumblr.com/

Incase anyone's reading this, they posted the newest translated chapter and I really hope it doesn't end with the two main characters getting together, because one of them has expressed zero attraction to the other so far.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I dropped Shishunki Bitter Change will they eventually turn back to normal?

:iiam:

The webcomic ended with them not changing back, the female lead in the male lead's body committing suicide, and the male lead in the female lead's body not quite ever getting over it even as he went on to get married and have a kid. The manga has gone in mostly the same direction but there's been a few big changes, too.

Captain Invictus posted:

I think they will swap back and then not really know what to do with themselves after that since they've been in each other's bodies for so long.

My prediction is they'll achieve true love with each other and then swap back because of that somehow and it will be incredibly boring and disappointing. But I'm also a massive cynic. :shrug:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

That's certainly...one way to do it.

Certainly one way to avoid the 'overly saccherine ending' complaint. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Mainly my issue with those kinds of series moreso than the leering fanservice stuff is they're always super het when dealing with romance and they often get very gender roles/biotruthey when dealing w/ gender but if it's different maybe I'll check it out

I barely understand any of those words, but in the webcomic for Shishunki the male lead in the female lead's body ends up getting together with a guy.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I thought you were trolling me but then i googled it. yowza

Not at all.

:allears:

HenryEx posted:

Ain't no fanservice at all in Shishunki as far as i remember, and i guess you'll be glad to hear that the male lead's best friend who has a thing for the female lead doesn't care what body she's in.

I'm trying to figure out if Kazuma is actually into Yui or if he just wants to get her together with Yuuta. It's been going both ways so far...

ZiegeDame posted:

Well at present the girl-in-boybody has a crush on guy-friend-who-knows who seems totally down for what from the outside would look like a gay relationship. Meanwhile guy-in-girlbody has a crush on the girl in his body and has already pretty firmly denied any romantic interest in a guy friend he made post-swap.

My hope/prediction is at least one of them will transition once they accept they aren't switching back.

There's still time for Yuuta to get together with Tachibana! They're so cute together, don't ruin this for me!!! :saddowns:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Riding is good

^Uhhhhh well I thought about explaining myself better but I think my standards might just be way too high so w/e

I was mostly joking, I try to stay out of the whole biotruths/gender roles/whatever thing because I always manage to insult people, regardless of which end of the spectrum their viewpoints are. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Tell me your opinions on gender roles

I don't believe that gender sets things in stone, but I do think that men and women have tendencies towards different things. A given woman might be stronger than a given man, or said woman might even be stronger than every man who has ever lived, but the average woman isn't as strong as the average man, for example.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dire Lemming posted:

From what I've read of these kind of series the problems Dis is talking about are more "You're a woman now so you like men and also are probably submissive and non-confrontational." These aren't treated like tendencies so much as concrete facts of being male or female, like a character is male for 20 years and within 3 months of being female has had a complete change of character entirely due to the physical changes. What you specifically bring up isn't a problem in itself, it's more the view that physically weaker = completely helpless which is pretty prevalent in these kinds of stories too.

It's also somewhat disappointing that when a series actually has a perfect platform to actually discuss these kind of issues they pretty much always fall into "biological males like women, biological females like men, discussion over" and the rest is just fanservice and misunderstandings.

Oh, well then, Shishunki is absolutely not like that then!

That said, I would be happy for the male lead to end up romantically involved with the guy who has a crush on him, but I don't think that's going to happen now, and it's more due to the specific two characters being super cute together.
The female lead has also not expressed any interest in the male lead, so it'd be weird if that changed suddenly...

The webcomic ended approximately 2-3 chapters after the manga's current chapter, but it's hard to say if there will be more arcs after this for the manga.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

What was that from?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

This is the best thing I have ever read.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The main character's obliviousness aside, it makes me think of Long Live The Queen for whatever reason.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

This is most of the genre I feel

Yeah I wish.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

oh right most of it is about HS girls but idk there's a ton of it that fits those criteria

Ever since I graduated I feel really weird reading manga about high schoolers. :negative:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lamias in stockings. :allears:

Captain Invictus posted:

It's not even that, man. The series was pretty good with the wife trying to work around her husband's eccentricities with lots of home life shenanigans, dealing with his insecurities and her needs, issues with being pregnant, all that. Not often you get a series like that.

The hospital chapter was genuinely heartwarming with her holding the baby and being clearly exhausted, the husband still bewildered by it but seemingly accepting it all, and then at the end of the chapter was the equivalent of the person in the passenger seat of a road trip suddenly grabbing the wheel and cranking a hard right into a cement wall, with the husband walking out of the hospital and immediately going and loving another woman out of almost nowhere.

Basically, my shortlist shitlist is so far three series: usagi drop, spotted flowers, and fuuka

And goons make fun of people on manga sites for constantly talking about how they hope the dreaded NTR doesn't strike!

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 1, 2018

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Most folks here are probably familiar with The Bride Was A Boy, which told the tale of someone's journey to transition in Japan in a very easy to digest explanation for those who might not understand or just be ignorant of the whole thing. It was told in a very cutesy, super-deformed artstyle and was very good.

This one seems to be doing something similar, but in a more traditional artstyle.

I like it, it's very charming in a different way from TBWAB, and it also seems like it's going to be a lot more particular rather than the fairly general TBWAB. It's nice that stories and series like these can be made and disseminated around easier, too.

Every time there's a kissmanga link I feel like I've been rickrolled.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Waci posted:

Same but every time there's a link to a pirated comicbook aggregator that requires a verified email address instead of just adblock.

The first thing just makes me feel like I need to take a shower, the second one feels like an aristocrats joke.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
As it deserves.

I haven't read the LN but the manga is an utter delight.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Someone please recommend a good dramedy romance. I read Hoshino me wo tsubatte and the ending was so terrible, I need a palette cleanser.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

And in possibly even more lewd news because it contains handholding, here's a story about the #1 loser who discovers that maybe there's more to life than winning.

This is cute.

There is a yuri void in my life now that citrus is finished.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

What is that from?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I've heard of that, is it any good?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Waci posted:

Living with my brother's wife isn't really romance, but it's good drama and good comedy. Also just got the first new chapters in a couple of months, since I remember I'm not the only one who was reading it.

Speaking of living with my brother's wife, never have I ever been so jealous of someone's fancy bathtub. I want this bath re-heating technology.

It's extremely good, thank you for the recommendation!

The homoeroticism is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

The_White_Crane posted:

That's pretty great. I kinda wish there was more, though I'm not sure how long the premise would hold up.

It feels like something that could hold at least 3-4 chapters. The twist at the end was pretty great.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 24, 2018

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Out of curiosity, are there any good yuri manga where the whole 'yuri' part is a source of conflict?

It's kind of odd, having been reading a lot of yuri lately, that the only stress over it seems to be internal and nobody else cares.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

I'm really stupid, how could I forget

https://mangadex.org/title/169/gunjo

I didn't really like Gunjo, but it was interesting.

One of my friends, who is half-Japanese, ended up moving to the US due to being lesbian and not being able to put up with all of the implications of that in Japan. It made me kinda curious if anything covered that.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like drama the way I like candy, but like candy I feel like it isn't healthy to have too much.

I like drama the way I like candy, I need a constant influx of it at all times.

Jokes aside, I can't get enough of good romance drama because there's so little of it. There's a number of stories I've read with really interesting starts or good premises, but they just kinda... Go nowhere.

There was one I was reading about a girl who had a crush on her sister-in-law, who was a childhood friend of hers, but in the 19 or so chapters you basically just get endless repeats of "her husband is emotionally neglectful".

Not everything needs to have a breakneck base or anything, but *something* needs to happen.

DisDisDis posted:

just wait til you see some of the people who read yaoi and yuri

I like reading comments to see people be insane. My favorites for yuri on mangadex are the guy who hates yuri but comments on every single one and the guy who is obsessed with the idea that yuri always has a light haired girl with a strong personality and a dark haired one with a weak personality and that it's somehow a massive crime.

Brainamp posted:

"Oh no, a girl/guy (respectively) showed up. Story is ruined forever."

I find that especially funny, because everyone being gay and everyone is just kinda cool with it is a pet peeve of mine in yuri/yaoi stories. I'm not sure where these stories are supposed to be taking place but it sure as h*ck can't be Japan.

Just like not everything needs to be at a breakneck pace not everything needs to be about how much being gay sucks, but there's stories to be told there.

e: "Everyone is homosexual" is kind of a pet peeve, whereas everyone being ok about it is a missed opportunity, I guess.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Waci posted:

This, and most non-manga/anime media about lgbt people is very focused on conflict with society. Stories about internal conflict are not as common, and low-stakes entertainment (that isn't about lol look at those funny gay stereotypes, at least) is very rare. A lighthearted romcom with lgbt lead couple is basically a unicorn in most other forms of media, so I'm very ok with it being more common in this one even if means I might have to actually read a novel or look at 3-D people for for a bit for more serious discussions on gender and sexuality.

But 3D people are disgusting.

Since I'm a womanchild, I like reading manga or other comics over actually watching something or just reading a novel, personally.