Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
for yuri I'd also recommend Aqua Blue Cinema and other Otsu Hiyori stuff too although the rest is mostly oneshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
my favourite recent Josei is 3 AM Dangerous Zone, it mixes realistic 20's romance, brutal (but funny) contemporary working conditions and has decent artwork

update schedule probably couldn't be slower though

Vesi fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 2, 2013

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Caught up with Sekitou Elergy, with Boys on the Run now I have two romance manga that I get to wait a million years before people finish translating them, awesome. If I could ask for another recommendation, are there any good manga which feature like... abrasive female leads? Stuff like delinquents, rich girls, tsunderes, tomboys, any good stories with stuff like that? It's usually interesting to see characters like that done well as when they're done badly they kind of end up being the worst thing sometimes.

Tsundere:
Kyou no Yuiko-san, the art is a bit wonky but it has a nice realistic take on the subject

Other:
B-Gata H Kei

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Mors Rattus posted:

I'm looking for advice on what to read, I've been getting into some of this stuff but then others just leave me dropping the manga a few chapters in when I go 'yeah this is not for me.' I really loved Bonnouji, I like Horimiya, Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa and 14-sai no Koi, and I enjoyed B-Gata H-Kei though it did definitely go too slow. I am looking for some cute, fluffy stuff that doesn't roll too hard on the drama. (Ideally also 'doesn't take loving forever to progress' but I realize this may not be possible.)

I've tried Taiyou no Ie but I dropped it pretty fast, since...well, the drama wasn't too heavy yet, but I could see the storm building up, and I didn't find it cute or funny enough to keep going. (Also, I liked the coworker more than Mao.)

I've already read LoveCom, that was good, but I am running out of stuff to read without playing Russian Roulette on Batoto, so...you guys have any reccomendations?

E: I suppose it is also important for me to note that really willowy art turns me off some - I couldn't get through Hibi Chouchou because art. (I've tried Kimi no Todoke and I can't really say why I stop each time beyond 'how long is this going to take?')

Ore Monogatari!! sounds like something for you, and Cousin just got an update finally

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Keep on Truckin'

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

hey what is the comic where the guy and the girl work at the theme park. the girl is like the idol for the theme park and the guy is like a gardener. my friend was telling me about it and she couldnt remember the name.

Itoshi no Karin

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Ytlaya posted:

Holy poo poo, the whole arc about team Summer A's origins in 7 Seeds is loving intense. This is by far the darkest, most violent shoujo/josei comic I've ever read.

Similarly when they meet team retard was one of the funniest moments in shoujo

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
Sekine-kun in Sekine-kun no Koi is on the spectrum I think but not diagnosed

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Valentin posted:

anyways this is a dangerous thread because I just spent 4 hours reading all of house of the sun. anyways, are there any romance-comedy joke-machine manga (kaguya, tomo-chan, etc.) that actually have real endings? or do they all drag on forever with no good conclusion?

B Gata H Kei I think qualifies

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
a very special episode of tomo-chan today

http://read.tomochan.today/post/150620926176

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
getting mad at Kaguya is like getting mad at Seinfeld for not marrying the girls he dates, you're totally missing the point

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Her art is insanely good, I feel like not enough people pay attention to that.

Most characters seem to be traced from photographs which makes the art seem very realistic but not very personal and kind of static. I still like it a lot but he's no genius like Inio

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Schubalts posted:

This is adorable and :swoon:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/jewels

Two friends grow up and grow old together.

I'd read Yurisses

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Ytlaya posted:

You know, I was wondering, are there any heterosexual romance manga that are sort of "neutral" in terms of intended audience, in the sense that the guy and the girl are a sort of realistic pair

The Kimi ni Todoke couple is pretty realistic I think even though she's less social but they're also equally boring

Not really romance manga but Silver Spoon I think counts

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
A pleasant Korean comic? :psyduck: Surely it's only a matter of time before a terminal disease kicks in or someone gets bullied to suicide

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
Mirai Nikki

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

I really like the art in that series, somehow it conveys emotion better than almost any other shoujo.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

coathat posted:

Maybe when Taiwan comes back to its rightful place as Japanese territory.

I thought it's mainland?

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Good Slow Motion

Wow this really is the best seinen/romance manga, nice to see the genre evolving. Funny cause I checked the author's previous manga (Star Light Woman) and it was basically unreadable.

In other news there's sometimes requests for realistic/autobiographical LGBT manga and Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood just started
http://lililicious.net/projectDet.php?id=241

Vesi fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 9, 2017

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

What's the wordplay here "Dango over the flowers and mochi over the moon"? I get Hana Yori Dango but what's the moon part?

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Mors Rattus posted:

You guys are reading too much into it - 'dango over flowers' is a saying about caring more for food than beauty, I've seen it show up in a few manga.

Hana Yori Dango is a classic shoujo manga, 男子 (boys) can also be pronounced dango

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
haha so Hayasaka follows the Hydraulic Press channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMDMoNu66_1Hwi5-MeiQgw

I wonder if it was the same in the raws

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

this is great, thanks all sexy akiba detectives

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Poil posted:

Everyone?

no wonder they didn't hire her

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
Talking sincerely about emotions? In my mangas?

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
gardening gloves are usually beige

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Baron Snow posted:

New Slow Motion chapter.
I think it's safe to say no one in the thread guessed her reason.

phew doesn't seem too bad, hope we get to see more of the mother too

The featured song is pretty great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYbmc1R-vxY

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Alder posted:

Tokyo Tareba Girls handles this problem well and I recc'd it if you like Jellyfish Princess. The MC goes over how she ended up breaking up w/a high-spec BF because they have different interests/personalities that ended up crashing during dates. It's a bittersweet feeling since the guy:

1) Considerate personality
2) Good hobbies/no video gaem
3) Liked cooking and cleaning
4) Great fashion sense

I would date this imaginary guy and I hate everyone except cats.

I think he's based on Higashimura's RL boyfriend, not sure about cooking/cleaning but the rest checks out from what I've read

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Mors Rattus posted:

Tangentially, what's up with the all-caps surname(???) thing? I've never understood that convention.

so you know which one is the surname no matter what order you put them in

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
Guys I think she's gone too deep

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

DisDisDis posted:

Once again I've been hyped up by thread replies only to find something super mundane. (And not very good so far, compared to her other stuff)

that's what I meant, all that art is being wasted on a stroke victim level story, I think the author needs to reyurient themselves

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
the Kuso Miso Technique guy looks pretty blue collar

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
well their relationship is progressing almost at the same pace so it's realistic

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
Did Collectors have sex even? I remember my eyes glazing over all the text so Nishi Uko probably isn't for me

Thanks for reminding about Minami Q-ta, I must've read them all 10-15 years ago, just in time to have forgotten them by now

Vesi fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 13, 2017

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Lemon-Lime posted:

The last two Slow Motion chapters have been Very Good, yeah.

I like to listen to the featured music while reading too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5wLj1QCOU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaX0zKhHCME

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
New Slow Motion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vu2IuVxrco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL2iQGpCTEw

Vesi fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 10, 2017

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

7c Nickel posted:

I like yuri because the power dynamic tends to be much flatter than most het romance manga which I find to be kind of offputting. Also cute girls are cute.

the het dynamics have gotten better recently too with mangas like Slow Motion and High Score Girl

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
This new yuri-hime story caught me by surprise

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dark_marsh_nightwood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Sindai posted:

I'm pretty sure the last twist is that it was actually all in her head, which is one twist too many. :colbert:

It's a bit open to interpretation, someone else opens the door and noone seems to acknowledge her presence and wasn't she supposed to be "sick"? The two people with the speech bubbles are seemingly talking through her.