Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story, real briefly?

Actually, I picture each of us trying to join, but when we do, we just prank the host.

"Now here are the issues, I'm gonna make it short and sweet..."

God, it'd be beautiful :allears:

Is there like a greeting sound when someone joins zoom? There are two perfect contenders...

"Hello hello!"

"Hi. This is Sal Governale..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Chill out. Do something positive.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

This ain't hot-rod magazine, pal!

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
SIXTY NINE!!!!!!
seventy...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'll PAY ya to meet ya!

Anyone know of that other prank call with Howard's voice, I was asking about?

Edit: this one...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This reminded me of one of my favourite bits, but I'll need help pulling it up; it's I believe a "phony phone call" (ugh, Howard is so old), and it uses Howard's voice, and he keeps asking sexual questions in a very calm manner, where the other person just keeps trying to disconnect the call or hang up or something. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? This is WAY less obscure than my "you annoy me" line.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I think that is actually a somewhat recent one that they used to air when the show had normal commercial bumps. They call an internet show and the questions slowly get a bit more vulgar until it gets really dirty and they can't figure out how to disconnect and just start yelling at him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lifespan posted:

I think that is actually a somewhat recent one that they used to air when the show had normal commercial bumps. They call an internet show and the questions slowly get a bit more vulgar until it gets really dirty and they can't figure out how to disconnect and just start yelling at him.

Maybe, but I feel like it was from Richard or Sal calling someone up, asking that person if they'd be ok speaking with someone else, and then they used those quick fire, super serious sounding questions.

Also, I remember hearing the original audio from Howard asking those things, but can't remember what that was from either.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Did they ever use Howard's voice when he imitates his mom? I could have sworn "I'm parting the hairs" was used in a call.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, they called a phone sex line with his mom's voice. GURGLE GURGLE!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Anyone know of that other prank call with Howard's voice, I was asking about?

Might it be the one where he's imitating "Brutal Master"? There's also one I think where he goes into his Cousin Brucie voice. Not sure if those are the same prank or not.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Might it be the one where he's imitating "Brutal Master"? There's also one I think where he goes into his Cousin Brucie voice. Not sure if those are the same prank or not.

Howard's not imitating anyone, I don't think. It's just his regular voice. I just don't remember if Sal and Richard tell the other person it's Howard, or if they pretend it's supposed to be someone else.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
There’s an old one they made from him yelling at Scott. “I gently caress. NOONE ELSE”.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
There was a great bit that I think a listener made of Howard and Artie having sex that always made me laugh.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I keep knocking the chess pieces over with my boner.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kylej posted:

Holy gently caress Gary looks old. I mean, time flies and the guy's retarded, but drat.

What do you expect? He just barely recovered from the Retarded Flu.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I feel like the term "jewgene" was invented for the sole purpose of describing Ronnie. Has anyone else ever met someone who fits that description?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
it means cousin in italian (cugine) and it refers to that one guy you know who's always in a track suit with gold chains but who can hook you up on the DVD/TV combo sets that fell off the back of the truck

so basically everyone from Philly

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Huh, so it WAS invented for the sole purpose of describing Ronnie. Good to know.

Ether Frenzy posted:

that one guy you know who's always in a track suit with gold chains but who can hook you up on the DVD/TV combo sets that fell off the back of the truck

so basically everyone from Philly

I went to Temple for five years, and every guy I met who fits that description was Black. Maybe I didn't go far enough south.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Happy birthday, Fred.

gently caress you, fat Artie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Former Human posted:

Happy birthday, Fred.

gently caress you, fat Artie.

Happy birthday, Loretta.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Fat fuckin Artie

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Hi, Gay Howard

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
owned

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I miss Scott. Not Scott DePace, he was always a loving a douche bag. I could use some true black cloud on the show again.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Howard's not imitating anyone, I don't think. It's just his regular voice. I just don't remember if Sal and Richard tell the other person it's Howard, or if they pretend it's supposed to be someone else.

I believe the call you’re referring to is Richard and Sal using Howard drops in a call to Hugs For Harlem.
At one point he asks “will you lick my taint?”

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cliche Guevara posted:

I believe the call you’re referring to is Richard and Sal using Howard drops in a call to Hugs For Harlem.
At one point he asks “will you lick my taint?”

Yes this is exactly it! Gonna look for it now.

Edit: Thank you so much! Found it!

Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ApuktFmYo

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 15, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I loving love Scott the Engineer Bowler, and I hope he's doing well.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

YeahTubaMike posted:

I loving love Scott the Engineer Bowler, and I hope he's doing well.

Me too. Felt really bad about his wife passing. I love to see anybody busting on DePace though, dude's such a sack of poo poo

In other Stern Twitter news:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmzpl0x95aE

Holy poo poo. Right off the bat these are great. I'm losing my poo poo (quietly, at work), listening to Richard and Sal use Howard's voice to call in and badly sing Jump Into the Fire. 3rd call in. loving brilliant.

The Harrison Ford one is oddly wholesome and innocent and I love it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zoben posted:

Me too. Felt really bad about his wife passing. I love to see anybody busting on DePace though, dude's such a sack of poo poo

:neckbeard:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Zoben posted:

hey Bawf, this fish is noine pounds and noine ounces!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

How have I missed these Rocky Pendergast calls? :psyduck:

They're incredible, Cathy! Magnificent!! Aaaaaahhhhhhh!

Edit: "Disaster-prone socialite"

:kiss:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 17, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

Huh, so it WAS invented for the sole purpose of describing Ronnie. Good to know.

I went to Temple for five years, and every guy I met who fits that description was Black. Maybe I didn't go far enough south.

Those people have moved to Delaware county and south jersey

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

How have I missed these Rocky Pendergast calls? :psyduck:

They're incredible, Cathy! Magnificent!! Aaaaaahhhhhhh!

Edit: "Disaster-prone socialite"

:kiss:

:stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That I've never heard them, or that I like them as much as I do?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

That I've never heard them, or that I like them as much as I do?

The latter. To each his own and all of that (*), but for me, Chris Wilding, Jonathan Blitt, and Mike Trainor and the material they produce perfectly symbolize the show's descent into a painfully unfunny, Morning Zoo caliber, "evolved" heap of poo poo. That Sal and Richard have been sidelined so that the show can feature that crew instead is criminal.

(*) As I've stated here multiple times and was ridiculed for saying, perhaps my favorite era of the show was the Artie / KC / John years, brief as they were. I even enjoy Benjy and Memet for what they are -- willing to pull back the curtain a bit and not toe the line like everyone else.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 17, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

The latter. To each his own and all of that (*), but for me, Chris Wilding, Jonathan Blitt, and Mike Trainor and the material they produce perfectly symbolize the show's descent into a painfully unfunny, Morning Zoo caliber, "evolved" heap of poo poo. That Sal and Richard have been sidelined so that the show can feature that crew instead is criminal.

(*) As I've stated here multiple times and was ridiculed for saying, perhaps my favorite era of the show was the Artie / KC / John years, brief as they were. I even enjoy Benjy and Memet for what they are -- willing to pull back the curtain a bit and not toe the line like everyone else.

Oh, I didn't know about all of the behind the scenes stuff (I know nothing about the 3 guys you mentioned) and of course I prefer Richard and Sal overall, but man, it was a nice change up; listening to this fancy guy continually and inexplicably convince his 80 year old woman that not only is he in some sort of ridiculous adventure, not only is he in danger, not only is he constantly and consistently killed during all of this but that he'd bother to call in to her little show. :psyduck:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Oh, I didn't know about all of the behind the scenes stuff (I know nothing about the 3 guys you mentioned) and of course I prefer Richard and Sal overall, but man, it was a nice change up; listening to this fancy guy continually and inexplicably convince his 80 year old woman that not only is he in some sort of ridiculous adventure, not only is he in danger, not only is he constantly and consistently killed during all of this but that he'd bother to call in to her little show. :psyduck:

That would be Chris Wilding. He's Howard's new faaaaaavorite.

And his calls are completely faked. I know reddit is :rolleyes: for everyone here, but: https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/b8n9iy/reminder_of_how_much_of_a_hack_chris_wilding_is/

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Yeah I dunno, I got as far in as that fake Harrison Ford call on the big 8 hour pack linked above and noped the gently caress out. That was some incredibly weak poo poo. It's so heavily-scripted, the closest thing to "funny" in it was the host lightly humoring him, which amounted to him basically being like "uh huh, well okay?"

I guess we're supposed to think the wacky premise of Harrison Ford needing someone to give him airplane fuel is funny or something? It's not like the host bought it or even got annoyed or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

That would be Chris Wilding. He's Howard's new faaaaaavorite.

And his calls are completely faked. I know reddit is :rolleyes: for everyone here, but: https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/b8n9iy/reminder_of_how_much_of_a_hack_chris_wilding_is/

Well goddamn. I retroactively hate it now. And of course, I don't put that on you, I wouldn't want to be 'blissfully ignorant' of it, so I appreciate it.

Ugh. I know Richard and Sal do this too, but the only one I've heard the original audio from is the chess show.