Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sand Monster posted:

The phrase is "just about to write him a note".

And speaking of that, I know most everyone detests reddit, but this effort post which explains that Howard completely invented the Robin Williams story he used during his book publicity tour is worth a read: https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/e6xnz5/the_story_of_robin_williams_how_howard_sold_his/

I'm starting to wonder if Howard is confusing Robin Williams with Joe Piscopo.

Imagine what would have happened if Howard called Robin Williams and apologized for an interview that never took place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

The phrase is "just about to write him a note".

And speaking of that, I know most everyone detests reddit, but this effort post which explains that Howard completely invented the Robin Williams story he used during his book publicity tour is worth a read: https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/e6xnz5/the_story_of_robin_williams_how_howard_sold_his/
This is strange. I remember watching Robin Williams on one of the E! channel tapings of Stern in the early 90's. So unless they were filming for E! as early as 86, I don't think that post is correct.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

EgillSkallagrimsson posted:

This is strange. I remember watching Robin Williams on one of the E! channel tapings of Stern in the early 90's. So unless they were filming for E! as early as 86, I don't think that post is correct.

:shrug: Dude does an amazing amount of research and I don't see how he'd make such a fundamental mistake. He (Robin Williams) is not cited in the credits of any of the multiple TV show formats that Howard had back then as listed on IMDb, so I can't speculate as to what you remember watching.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
It wouldn't surprise me if Howard honestly thinks he did do it. His memory on guest is really bad. Still fact checkers would have seemed to caught that.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Youtube has been scrubbed of all Ed Torian stuff except for 2 bits and it bums me out. Just some random lines I was thinking about today:

Howard: Ed, ask him if he ever had a big cock in his rear end.
Ed: Did you ever have a big black cock in your rear end?

and

Howard: So he was lying?
Ed: Yea, you can see it right here *holds up test*
Artie: Ed, that looks like a map of Secaucus

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
First time I have ever seen Beet eat. Never thought of how complicated it is to chew on something when you just have a handful of messed up teeth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPmK__pL09E

E: The official Beetlejuice YouTube page has been dumping a bunch of old stuff of him over the past week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5-cXdQyLqLwr31LeMN-1Q

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 28, 2020

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
friend of the family is a pejorative term.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

A deep cut from Tom C. eh?

*golf swing sound effect*

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
I've stopped listening to the show, but saw Seth Rogen was on yesterday. He's recently said some things (the lightest of criticism) about Israel that Howard would call anti-Semetic if anyone else said them. Did Howard ask him about this at all, or just completely ignore it?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

musclecoder posted:

I've stopped listening to the show, but saw Seth Rogen was on yesterday. He's recently said some things (the lightest of criticism) about Israel that Howard would call anti-Semetic if anyone else said them. Did Howard ask him about this at all, or just completely ignore it?

Of course he ignored it. There's no controversy allowed on THSS anymore.

Also, Seth was out of his mind back then when he said those comments and he has since evolved.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Too be fair, Howard's always been better getting people to open up about themselves and less about debating viewpoints with guests. I wouldn't have expected him to broach that topic in a random Zoom interview.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

musclecoder posted:

Who gives a poo poo, who gives a gently caress?

Just go listen to his interview with Marc Maron about Israel; they both get into it pretty good but it's never from a place of malice.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn’t hear any of it but Howard is deeply in love with Seth rogan so

(Like not sexually you know what I mean) Rogan is an amazing guest

Howard will let good guests do whatever they want. Which is smart imho

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Honestly, the Seth Rogan and Snoop interview getting JD ready to smoke week for the first time in LA was one of the best "interviews" the show has had in years. Rogan has an awful laugh, but he is pretty funny on the show.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Howard is so old he said he doesn't want Anna Kendrick to get nude on her new show because she looks too young. She's almost 35.

Lifespan posted:

Honestly, the Seth Rogan and Snoop interview getting JD ready to smoke week for the first time in LA was one of the best "interviews" the show has had in years. Rogan has an awful laugh, but he is pretty funny on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI1uxb8WEoE

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

Howard is so old he said he doesn't want Anna Kendrick to get nude on her new show because she looks too young. She's almost 35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI1uxb8WEoE

I love that call. "Bwom bwom bwommmmmmmm!" Also, no sane person is afraid of seeing more of Kendrick.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Former Human posted:

Anna Kendrick nude

You have my attention. please tell me this happened.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

You know Tim Sabien would still somehow ruin this.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Ronnie's TV audition is finally on YouTube again. All is right with the world. :allears:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
If there was ever a Stern con, who would you appear as?
Remember, if you want to be considered a real fan, you have to appear as the most obscure person/reference ever.

I'd be "Crazy Fetus".
That was someone who called in back in..... Whenever the gently caress it was 99 or 2000 maybe(?) who was pretending to be the unborn fetus of crazy cabbie, when the girl he knocked up was wanting to get an abortion, and he was on the show saying he didn't want her to.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I am Dr. Remulak

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Jonathan Mendelsohn, manager of The Jesus Twins

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Anyone looking for an av?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

If there was ever a Stern con, who would you appear as?
Remember, if you want to be considered a real fan, you have to appear as the most obscure person/reference ever.

I'd be "Crazy Fetus".
That was someone who called in back in..... Whenever the gently caress it was 99 or 2000 maybe(?) who was pretending to be the unborn fetus of crazy cabbie, when the girl he knocked up was wanting to get an abortion, and he was on the show saying he didn't want her to.

I'd be John or Jack, whatever the guy's name is who was in charge of ticket sales for Eric's 'event'.

Who's Sal?

Edit: Second choice would be Frank, Sour Shoes' dad. I'd let everyone know what a creative guy he is. A couples costume could be someone else as Langford, arguing with me the whole time.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 1, 2020

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'd be Darth Nihilus.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'd be Darth Nihilus.

This is the best answer because you'd be going to a con as guy going to a con as darth nihilus.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'd be Darth Nihilus.

I wouldn’t. Would you?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

One of the best things about the darth nihilus clip is iirc in the full clip that nerd wasn't taking any poo poo lmao

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Vin the (Slow Adult). The least appreciated of the slow adults/conquerors.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
bigfoot it is

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

beep by grandpa posted:

One of the best things about the darth nihilus clip is iirc in the full clip that nerd wasn't taking any poo poo lmao

He handled himself well against the scornful malevolence of Gary Garver

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i would be anthony cumia impersonating jackie martling

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

You could dress up like the physical manifestation of the quiet Benjy chuckle.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Percelus posted:

i would be anthony cumia impersonating jackie martling

Way too manic and high energy. Billy West would make the same basic Jackie error.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

It’s be fun to go as the Jackie puppet for Halloween

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

Way too manic and high energy. Billy West would make the same basic Jackie error.

I always thought that was kind of the point with Billy's impression, though...

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

You wanted us all to be abuzz!

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

I'd be the Gammorean Guard.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Group Costume: The BackSide Boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU