Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

jase1 posted:

So I am watching the Vow on HBO and I swear Howard interviewed a girl who was on smallville who talked about sex parties or something along those lines. Is that connected or am I misremembering things?

Imagine if he had interviewed Allison Mack

https://www.oprahmag.com/entertainment/tv-movies/a33623734/allison-mack-nxivm-update/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

beep by grandpa posted:

i was riding the train home from philly today and saw some college-aged girls playing softball at the Rutgers campus and saw a catcher throw the ball to the pitcher, which flew past her hand and hit her in the chest then onto the ground.

when I stopped laughing I remembered that saga where Artie kept talking poo poo about softball league players and about this one rising star pitcher about how much she sucks, her and her league sucks and that he could hit anything off of her in his sleep. this lead to her hearing about it and taking him up on it in this big charity event and artie absolutely doing exactly every single thing he said he was going to do, except he was also shitfaced drunk just connecting hit after hit on her. classic. I need to find that and listen to it again.

Was this a softball pitcher or a girl little league pitcher who had an insane fast ball for her age?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Was this a softball pitcher or a girl little league pitcher who had an insane fast ball for her age?

The series beings here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiQAnvF1qSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiQAnvF1qSo

Dude, a 75 mph fast ball is nowhere near pro level.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

baba booey's breath could kill one hundred birds

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Jim Meyer, Mel's protege and the one championing for re-signing Howard, is stepping down as CEO: https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/siriusxm-ceo-jim-meyer-retire-1234770219/

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pro̼͂b̖̾ä̝̻̼́̌͒bly goin̮͋g to start listening to that b̻̝̟͎͚̤͓̽͒͆̄͆́̎̄ͅą̖͈̙͈̘̬̠̾̽̊͒̊͗͊́s̱̖̠̻̘̻̼̓̄̔̓̈́̐͒̑͟͟͝é̝̘͙̋̔b͈̙̀͝à͙ľ̼̩̠͔͉̒̇̀̐͌͢ļ̧̛̩̣̮͙̮͈̑͐̌̅̐̇́͜͞ ̲̱̳̜͓̈̾̂͒̄̍͜c̢̔h̹̼̠̭̽̈̕͡ḁ̡̟̻̞͔̟̣̀͛́̍̑̈̕͡ll͎̼͇̙͕̜̓́̽̕̕̚͠ͅe̝͇̫̗̗̙̖͕̍͒́̔̌͂̄͘n͈͔̓̿ġ̗ę̛͚͍̲̹̖̯͑͌̃̂̉̉͑́͟ͅ ̢̙̫͕͇̻͈̳̹̔̑͒̈̏̿̃͊̉ą̷̨̧̡̡̢̢̧̛̝̟͇̰̭̜͎̰̤͈̩̬͎̞̰̗͈̙̤̝͉̬̟̟͉̭͎̖̩̟͔̼̟͓̥̰̦͓̻̬̥͉̥̪̲̟̱̩̬̫̱̣͓̱͙̭̖͔̣͉̩̾̀̀̃͌͌̄͒̌͌͐͊̒̎̈́͑̄͛̃̈̔̅̆̌͌̂͒̉̀̄̌́̅̅̈̒͋̃́̈́͗̄͑͘̕͘̕͜͜͜͜͠͝ͅͅf̶̧̡̢̨̨̢͇͓̞̲̫̥͎̝̣͚̪͍͚̯͈̠̦͇̟̳̬̘͇̗͎͖̼͙̲̯̞̗̮̠͌̈́̑͒̈́̇̀̌̏͒̂̋̍̎̄̎̿̍͒̈͋͗͋̊͒͌̓́͆͗͑̊̽̉͛͑̑͆̈̍͋͌̋̀͆̈͗̂̈́̍́͋̂͐̈́͋̆̒̏̓̽͐̀̓̀̊̍͂̓̓͒̀̉͋̏͆̇͒̅́̚͘̚̚͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝ţ̴̧̡̢̢̡̧̡̢̢̧̢̝͙̳̥͎̺͕̰͖̮̗̙̬̠͍̪͎͕̳̫͈̠͇̟͎̦̮̯̖̹̪̯̪̲̳̺̭̦̲̥̠̘̲͕̙̟̯̳͉͈̪̟̬̖̖̭͚̟̼̩̤̪͇̭͔̟̭͍͙͕͇̬̲̻̲̣̳̮̥̫̦̥͇̦̳̮͈̻̳͎͉̳̘̖̪͉̮̦̝̻̲͓̠̮̭̣̠̤̲̬̱̓͛̃̓͐͑̈͆̈́̂̄̎̀̉̀̇͒͊̽̉́̅͒͊̚̕͜͜͝ͅͅͅe̵̡̡̧̛̛̛̛͕͍̖̟̬̥̥͕̫͎̯̟̠͇̮͔̼̟̗͎̹̗̲̞̻̥̜̭̝̙͉̦͈̗̬̜̟͎͙͍̣̱̬̺̺̩̙͇̟̱̲̲̬̰̯̤̯͙̳̥͍̞̫͍͛̔͛͋͂̔́̎̈́̀̏̓̀́̉̔͌̇̎̿̑͗͆̆̈̇̊͒̌̓́͐̇̀̉̔̾͛̿́̾̈̄̒͑́͂͊̊̀̎̉̔̾́̾̎͂̄͊̓̐̑̐̈́̏̋̔̊͐͛͛̿͒̽͑̋̾̎͌͑̒̾͋̾̓͂̂͌̃̑̎͗̀̂̍̈̔̑̚̕̚͘̕͠͠͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅŗ̵̨̧̨̡̡̨̨̡̧̛͖̬̭̻̙̝͍̞͍̤͍͈̝̻̻̜̳̻̲̪̻̰̣͈̣̰̱̟̣̤͚͇̦̪̱͓͈̹̤͇͇̦̲͓̳̼̮̱̭͖̝̩̰͍̲̗͍̥̯̠̻̼̫̳̬͖̝̯̼͈̮͇̝̺͈̝͎̦͇̪̳͙̞̩̬̼̹͇̙͙̳͚͙͇̟̲̪̪̻͚͙̖͖̲̪̯̺̻̐̇̂͋̌͊͋̆͐̋́̈́̐̒̀̀̆̂̉̀̏͑̅͆̃̒̉̉́̈́̽̄̍̂̄͂͋̐́̏͒́͛̂͊͒̏̀̉̓̊́̎̏̐̓̉͆͐̇̆̒̄̉̓̋̅́̏͊̎̉̑̀͑̇̓̆͂̍̓͂̀̓͛̒̌̊̔̈̀͌͒̆̕̕̕͘̕̕͘͘̚̚̚̚̚͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅ ̵̨̢̧̨̡̧̡̨̢̛̛̛̛̭͔̪͙͍͉͖̻̠̠͎̯̖̩̘̤̺̲̻̣̞̘̝͎̱̙̘̝̰̮̬̳͉̦̤̘̜͚͎͍̦̞̱̹̳̫̞͉̥͓̰̜̖̟͎̯͚͋̆̈͛̀̏̍̊̊̊̓̓̃̔̿͑̽͆̏̏͌̆͐̉̏́̽͆̀̉̊͂̋̾̏̒̓̈́̈̓̇̈́̆͗̐̆̐̐̈́̾̃̒̈́̍̔̔̅̂̈́͒̽̓̐̆͐̃̓̾̌͑́͐̀͛̀̒̋̄̋͂̕̕̕̕̕͘̚͘͝͝͝͝͝͠w̶̡̡̨̢̧̢̡̢̛̫̟͉̞͍͉͚͔͓̤̹̩̥̤̥͓̻̭͈̦̖͎͎̪̘͈̭͇͎̗̱̲͎̠̺͉͍̠̭̣̤͍̪͕̱͖̾͒͆͊̃̈́̇͑̆̈̿̿͛̈́̈́̾͋̌́͐̏̆̈̀͐͊̀̄̇̒͌̃͛̇̀͋͐͋̅̑͛̒̏̌͆͂̈́́́̂̆̆̇̆́̀̔͆̋͑̽̍̐̽̎̿̋̂̓̎͒̀̇̍̕̕͘̕̕͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͠ͅͅǫ̸̢̢̧̢̧̡̨̡̩̝͎̫͓̙̝̙̺̹̻͉̞̞͈̫͍̟̞̼̤̭̭̫̭̱̹͕̱̤͚͍͈̝̖͍̥̱̝̹̻̣̞̠͇͕̦̯̣̹͓̪͍͕̙̞̖̼͍̹̘̗̜̤̫͖̦͈͚̤̣̠̭̫͈̲̭̺̠̺̟̗̼͉̦͍͕̣̙͎̠̣̫̳͖̲̞͚̠̰̯͐͂̿̍̓̀̆́͑̊́̊̅͌͋̿̎̄͒̀̀̄̒͛̌͊́̄̓̇͗̉͊̑̓͊̋̋̌̽̀͒͋̊͂̆̑͊͂͛͂̈͗̈̉̾̾͂́͊͑̍̽̓̎͆̚̚̕͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅr̸̢̛̛͚͙͈̠̫̙̖̯̼͚͉͎͓͉͙͍̣͓͇͍͈͉̘͇͕͖̫̞̥̤͈̞͈̩͙͑̿͌̈́̈̇͗̏͂̏̽̅̆̊͛͋̾̏̆̐͆́̒͗̆̋̐͂̄̑̈́̓̓̿̔́͆̂͑̓͗̆̑̋̑̂͋̒̀̂̋̈͛̀̒͂́̽͐̈́̎̑̀̾̒̌͌̐́͘̕̕̚͘͘͜͜͝͝ͅķ̷̢̢̧̛̛̛̛͚̳̭̱͚͈̘̗͓͕͍̬̰͕̝̲͈̠̮̱͇͉̬̱͎̙̗̒̇̇̒̅̍̽̀͒̃͛̍͗̋̽͊̀͋͒̇́̍̔͆̆̽͑̀̇͒̕̚̚̚͜͝ͅ t̵͓̻̗̬̰̖͚͕̩̘͕̻͇̩̬̜̳̓͛͌̉̈̿͋̓̋̈́h̴̡̡̛̯̺̞̬͓͉̹̠̗̦̤̯̘̮̟̱̠̣͑̍̑̓̐̅̓̾͂̑̈́͗̓̿̎͠͝ͅa̴͙̞͎̜̫̤̖͚̮̼͎̞̪̘͖͚̺̠̟͑͊̈͛̎̐͒̃̐̿͛̓̿̂͛̿̊̃͊́̔͆̀͋̚͘͠n̴̡̛̯̤̩̰̜͔̭̰̺̲͍͇̹͙̑̓̽̎̏̈́̌́̎̅͊̓̑̍͒̐̿̌̔̌͝͠ͅk̷̨̛̺̣̙̯̳͕͙͕̜̺͔̤͊̀̓͊͋͋͋͊̌͗̿͑̀̍̚̚̚̕͠s̶̨̨̪̺͈̳͍̣̝̫̖̭̼̪̙̯̔̐̈ͅ!̵̢̨̧̼̱͇̱̲͈͙̝͎͇̰̖͉̺͈̬̼̤̯̻̳̳͓̾́̃̔̏̂̓̈́͋̏̒͌̋̃͐̒̓̓̚͠

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sorry, cat's been chewin on the keyboard cord

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

sorry, cat's been chewin on the keyboard cord

I want to believe this is true

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also got a couple of jizz stains on that keyboard.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

kylej posted:

Also got a couple of jizz stains on that keyboard.

And a curio cabinet!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

Jim Meyer, Mel's protege and the one championing for re-signing Howard, is stepping down as CEO: https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/siriusxm-ceo-jim-meyer-retire-1234770219/

Rip the Howard stern show I guess

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He should just do a loving podcast fuccckkkkk

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

He already is. But it will be rebranded as "The Howard & Beth Show" come January, and probably on a different platform.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

The technology isnt quite there yet, right Robin?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
A podcast has a measurable success rate. Howard couldn’t stand if he couldn’t be in the top 10 on Apple and inferiors were more popular. Maybe he would do an exclusive deal with someone like Spotify that can hide the listenership metrics.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Two Kings posted:

A podcast has a measurable success rate. Howard couldn’t stand if he couldn’t be in the top 10 on Apple and inferiors were more popular. Maybe he would do an exclusive deal with someone like Spotify that can hide the listenership metrics.

Geez, that makes a ton of sense and I didn't even consider it. I assume if they announced he was switching to a free podcast, he likely would be able to ride the hype to #1 for a little while. Then once he starts slipping down he would freak.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Sand Monster posted:

He already is. But it will be rebranded as "The Howard & Beth Show" come January, and probably on a different platform.

Cat Chat - this fall on Sirius 100

Two Kings posted:

iTunes has a "bug" where if you start to listen to the first 5 minutes of a podcast, it counts as a download so its real easy to gon on Fivrr and just pay someone in a developing nation to click for you.

Really, unless he can pull a deal like Joe Rogan (which he can't) he's not going to be up there.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 15, 2020

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What the gently caress are they doing with Sternthology? It went from nearly 4 hours to 1 hour long with two segments, an interview and a best of segment.

What bullshit. How hard is it to literally even recycle the same pulled bits from a year ago?

It’s been this way since they came back from Labor Day

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Astro7x posted:

What the gently caress are they doing with Sternthology? It went from nearly 4 hours to 1 hour long with two segments, an interview and a best of segment.

What bullshit. How hard is it to literally even recycle the same pulled bits from a year ago?

Sounds like he's testing a new format

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Speaking of the best rock/metal drummers, everyone was kissing Lars's rear end and he isn't even a great drummer. Richard used Dyers Eve as an example of his drumming but through most of Metallica's touring career they didn't do the song live because Lars couldn't pull it off.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Like with the regular show for the last few years, I legitimately can't tell if they're intentionally putting out a poo poo product or not.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Former Human posted:

Speaking of the best rock/metal drummers, everyone was kissing Lars's rear end and he isn't even a great drummer. Richard used Dyers Eve as an example of his drumming but through most of Metallica's touring career they didn't do the song live because Lars couldn't pull it off.

Lars' drumming is equal to the guy who never evolved past 10th grade.

For 1988 is was a pretty fast song and you can really hear the edits on the album. This probably has more to do with them being strung out alcoholics and making pour decisions like mixing the bass down to subspace levels.

I do think they played it live a few times since then.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I’ll defend Lars when it comes to Napster (it was a stolen demo of unreleased song, so I didn’t blame them ), but I will not defend him as a great drummer (or the last 25 years of their music).

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Ah-wha. Wha-ha-moe-lay. Muskyoulaycher.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jimmy Chamberlain is definitely my favourite drummer. I could never explain why I loved his playing so much, but then, after seeing Jerry Granelli live, and remembering that Jimmy was a jazz drummer before joining the Pumpkins, I realized I love that flow. I love the jazz movement in a rock setting.

drat, so good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is something in the human experience that responds to percussion and it’s incredible deep and primal

I love it

It was probably the first non voice music made by human types

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Two Kings posted:

Almost every podcast has hidden metrics. The only person who can see them is the podcast owner. When people get on Apple's list it's mostly newer podcasts or podcasts that receive an influx of reviews and ratings for some reason. Apple's list really has no meaning either.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Congrats to the Howard Stern show channel on YouTube for surpassing 1 million subscribers!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

beep by grandpa posted:

Congrats to the Howard Stern show channel on YouTube for surpassing 1 million subscribers!

Did they subscribe before or after howard moved to youtube?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Did Howard have a big meeting with Power Point slides demanding that his staff make fake YouTube accounts to drive up the numbers?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
It's called the pelican brief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_wD3jElnCk

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Sep 18, 2020

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Not the turkey neck brief?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

As a die-hard pumpkins fan, what time period is he talking about regarding boosting Billy Corgan into stardom?

Gish was well-received but when they came out with Siamese Dream, THAT did it, and then MCIS did it all again, 10x.

Wtf is he talking about? (approx 10 minutes in) :psyduck:

Edit: just looked it up and he's referring to 2012.

What. The. gently caress.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Sep 18, 2020

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Two Kings posted:

Maybe we could get old angry Howard back and he could start beef with other podcasts.

"Robin, Cumtown is ripping off all my bits! I came up with Korean Jewish Bill Cosby!"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

......Howard beefing with other podcasts who are 3x his size and with hosts that don't even know who he is is exactly what I need in my life right now

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

......Howard beefing with other podcasts who are 3x his size and with hosts that don't even know who he is is exactly what I need in my life right now

I would LOVE to see Howard go out swinging.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Bonzo posted:

I would LOVE to see Howard go out swinging.

I was hoping to see more fodder from the OJ Twitter account

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Howard Stern was trending briefly on twitter this morning because kpop people found this thing about sal being racist, and gary and others calling him racist, and are gonna get him "fired" & the shut show down now lol (their words)

https://mobile.twitter.com/hopefulmyg/status/1307912047171174400

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I hope they don't throw Sal to the wolves, but giving the show the coup de grace it deserves would be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
“Hi, this is Sal Governale, and yesterday I said a few comments that offended a few people ...”