Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Wendy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

DING DING DING!!!

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

I am a month or so behind. Did Shuli leave the show? https://www.patreon.com/TheShuliShow

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

They haven't mentioned it, because they never mention when someone quits or gets fired. Shuli can join Brent in obscurity.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm only a week behind and Shuli has been on in the new year. Howard has been throwing plenty of shade about his move over the last 6 months, but he was getting a ton a props only a week or two ago so I think he is still on.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Shuli confirmed on his Patreon that he is gone after 15 years. Not sure if he left or if he was forced to leave, though.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Former Human posted:

They haven't mentioned it, because they never mention when someone quits or gets fired. Shuli can join Brent in obscurity.

Hey, hey hey, thats "oblivity".

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I was just about to call Larry King...

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I hope Howard never decides to about call me or think about writing me a note.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

wesleywillis posted:

Hey, hey hey, thats "oblivity".

Feel my Oblivity.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Moniker posted:

Shuli confirmed on his Patreon that he is gone after 15 years. Not sure if he left or if he was forced to leave, though.

That is really weird. My guess would be that they were trying to re-sign him for less because he moved away. I have noticed that recently it seems to be Sal on the phone with wack packers and they bring in Wolfie as needed.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Hey Richard this yer dad, how 'bout them CHIEFS!!!!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So where they live today? And if so, anything said about Larry King?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They were live today and the title of the show on demand is "Remembering Larry King". Have not listened yet.

I guess Shuli is claiming he did not sign an NDA and using that as click bait for people to pay for his Patreon only podcast. You know he won't burn that bridge, so I am guessing what happened was just "NYC too expensive, remote show is not willing to pay as much, going back on the road."

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
If he promised the full true story of Brent’s downfall I would at least subscribe for a month, but that ain’t happening.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

nate fisher posted:

If he promised the full true story of Brent’s downfall I would at least subscribe for a month, but that ain’t happening.

have you checked out /r/HeavyMetalAndOrgies/ ?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

have you checked out /r/HeavyMetalAndOrgies/ ?

Of course I have! What are you doing with your life!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Shuli summaries are out there. Sound like it is what everyone expected: NYC too expensive and felt unsafe, show only offered him part time work with a big pay cut, wack packer duties were taken away and spread among others (but they are trying to reduce the amount of wack pack material on the show which is loving lame), but he does not hold ill will towards the show/staff.

EDIT: Other fun tidbits. Scott was fired for having a yelling match at one of their Christmas parties (and generally hated the job anyway). Alec Baldwin and Gene Simmons are assholes. David Spade and Norm McDonald are not assholes. He claims that Brent is being completely honest (not under NDA, left the show on his own).

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 28, 2021

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
san fransisco lowest common forty-deniners

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Is he on vacation again, or is the show so lame this week that there was nothing to even bitch about?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Vacation

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm listening to Jordan Belfort's book that was the basis of The Wolf of Wall Street, and Dominic Barbara gets mentioned once and never again.

Also the guy doing the reading is very good at male voices/doing a DiCaprio impression, but his female characters all sound like Siobhan.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

wesleywillis posted:

Is he on vacation again, or is the show so lame this week that there was nothing to even bitch about?

I was wondering this same thing, but I didn't want to be the one to bump the thread to ask, so thanks for this.

In the meantime, I've been watching Ronnie being a drunk idiot on YouTube.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah, last year I think someone remarked in like March that they had done about 12 shows.

I don't know about early last year, but since December 16th they have done 11 shows. I think their February vacation is two weeks, plus President's Day coming up.

Howard worked 11 days in two months and made ELEVENTY BILLION GRAAAAAAND while Shuli moved into a tool shed in Alabama.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
These days I am more surprised that he is live than on vacation.... I mean, isn't it 150 shows per year out of 260 week days? That's a 58% chance he's live

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Astro7x posted:

These days I am more surprised that he is live than on vacation.... I mean, isn't it 150 shows per year out of 260 week days? That's a 58% chance he's live

It's hard being rich

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Barreft posted:

It's hard being rich

And what do you do for a living, sir?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Barreft posted:

It's hard being rich

Hey man, remember when we was working in Hartford making $150 a week?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

That was 96$ a week.

*drunken riley martin wisdom* "Muthafucka, a car only cost 2000 dollars back then".

Hello, I'm an Orioles fan,

Ok, cool,

HOW ABOUT THAT HEAT OUT THERE!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

That was 96$ a week.

*drunken riley martin wisdom* "Muthafucka, a car only cost 2000 dollars back then".

Hello, I'm an Orioles fan,

Ok, cool,

HOW ABOUT THAT HEAT OUT THERE!

Hey I wanna talk about Baltimore.

Ok, sure, what's up?

You think they're gonna get any RAAAAIIIIN down there?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Astro7x posted:

It's fewer than 120 shows at this point.

It's 40 weeks a year, 3 days a week, but they take off federal holidays like MLK Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Flag Day, Patriot Day, Service Day, Armistice Day, Adrian Adonis Day, Lou Albano Day, Terry Funk Day, Precipitation Day, Doppler Radar Day, Pollen Index Day, Swamp Creature Day, Werewolf Day, Ghoulie Day...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I think it might even be less than that. When he started his new contract he said their countdown went from 0 up to 400 something, which would be less than 100/year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Moniker posted:

drat

Schuler was good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lifespan posted:

Shuli summaries are out there. Sound like it is what everyone expected: NYC too expensive and felt unsafe, show only offered him part time work with a big pay cut, wack packer duties were taken away and spread among others (but they are trying to reduce the amount of wack pack material on the show which is loving lame), but he does not hold ill will towards the show/staff.

EDIT: Other fun tidbits. Scott was fired for having a yelling match at one of their Christmas parties (and generally hated the job anyway). Alec Baldwin and Gene Simmons are assholes. David Spade and Norm McDonald are not assholes. He claims that Brent is being completely honest (not under NDA, left the show on his own).

Baldwin is a complete dry drunk rear end hole

I can believe that

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Former Human posted:

It's fewer than 120 shows at this point.

It's 40 weeks a year, 3 days a week, but they take off federal holidays like MLK Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Flag Day, Patriot Day, Service Day, Armistice Day, Adrian Adonis Day, Lou Albano Day, Terry Funk Day, Precipitation Day, Doppler Radar Day, Pollen Index Day, Swamp Creature Day, Werewolf Day, Ghoulie Day...

:lol: holy poo poo you honestly has me going there

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I feel like the contracts now are almost like a super low stakes version of the ending of The Shield where Vic Mackey tricks ICE into taking him on, giving him full immunity, and then legally confesses to all of the insane poo poo he did over the past few years, and they HAVE to keep him there for 3 years.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

euphronius posted:

Baldwin is a complete dry drunk rear end hole

I can believe that

Yeah. He jumps between interesting, arrogant, and super fake when he is on the show. He was funny in 30 Rock? But it is pretty well documented that he is a huge dickhead. Gene Simmons too for that matter. I guess it's just cool to learn that Norm actually is as cool as he seems and despite Spade making a career out of acting like a arrogant dick, he actually is decent (and usually pretty good on show as well).

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Spade definitely leans hard on the smug dick personality but it's mostly for fun. I'm reminded of when Todd Glass came out and Spade left him this voicemail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60YFzR4Tx84

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lifespan posted:

Yeah. He jumps between interesting, arrogant, and super fake when he is on the show. He was funny in 30 Rock? But it is pretty well documented that he is a huge dickhead. Gene Simmons too for that matter. I guess it's just cool to learn that Norm actually is as cool as he seems and despite Spade making a career out of acting like a arrogant dick, he actually is decent (and usually pretty good on show as well).

Baldwin has amazing energy that u can imagine not working in the small moments of life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

"Hey Richard, iss yer dad. Wail, guess 'eres alwayz nex yeer, weel talktoya later bub".