Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Who would win in a fight? Bigfoot or Crapaport?

Bigfoot would try to gently caress him, it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bonzo posted:

Bigfoot would try to gently caress him, it is.

He can go gay for a while.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I wonder if he'd suck crapaport's dick for some happy smoke itis.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lifespan posted:

I assume Bigfoot has been in enough fights that he might be a little dangerous. The part of the Rappaport call that gave me the biggest eye roll was him essentially saying he thinks he could stand up to Kevin Durant, a 32 y/o, 6'10" professional athlete in a fight.

The fake tough guy poo poo when he's really a flabby old white dude is what makes him a funny wack packer.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

His self-declaration of being one of the greatest actors of his generation is hilarious too. I mean “Copland” was the poo poo but he was in it for five minutes.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sour Shoes has some classics but him making Wendy laugh so hard so threw up on her cat and pissed her diaper is for sure in the top 5
https://youtu.be/dTeng5UB5NM

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I was thinking the other day that if Riley Martin were still alive he'd probably be high up in QAnon.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Bonzo posted:

I was thinking the other day that if Riley Martin were still alive he'd probably be high up in QAnon.

The biavians would have hooked him up with the REAL vaccine. And if you just bought one of his symbols, or piss jugs, you'd be protected.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
We all know COVID was created by the Skreed, as Brother Martin is no longer around to protect us.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

today i texted my little brother

"good morning"
"now i got a question for dah lady"

and he told me he lost it. I'm very proud of this but don't have anyone else to share it with except this thread cause who is gonna remember 13 year old prank calls

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well, did your brother lay a pussy fart?

alted2
May 3, 2003

Astro7x posted:

My Sirius $5/mo contract is ending on the 12th.

Why is nobody offering me any promotions to keep me when I threaten to cancel? I called them up and they're like "Sure, here you go, canceled, no new promotions. Sorry!"

Did the chat and it's the same thing.

Are the cracking down on discounts or some poo poo? Maybe it's time to sell my Sirius stock.

Meanwhile, they have $1 for 3 months on the main page.

Did you try calling (888) 601-6302? That's the number that has worked for me every year.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Do you have twat cream?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

alted2 posted:

Did you try calling (888) 601-6302? That's the number that has worked for me every year.

(516) 922-9463

Rattlehead
Nov 20, 2004
Only dead fish go with the flow.
F Timmy

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

alted2 posted:

888-T-O-P-L-E-S-S

Topless

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

"When they smell that hot Doe pussy..."

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

prefect posted:

(516) 922-9463

Use your finger!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

"muskyoulaycher"

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I like Rapaport :colbert:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Thread ban this person.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Thread ban this person.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
He probably doesn't even have Moen faucets...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He so corny

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Two Kings posted:

Use your finger!

I almost added that. :jj:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Drop yer pants sailor boy!!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Pretty nasty article, I rate it a noine out of nointy noine.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/27/howard-stern-has-lost-his-sting-and-his-mojo/

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

EngineerJoe posted:

Pretty nasty article, I rate it a noine out of nointy noine.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/27/howard-stern-has-lost-his-sting-and-his-mojo/

Yeah, he's gone off the deep end. To a germaphobe, this pandemic is all they needed to basically shut themselves away from the world.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He will definitely rail on that article and it really does sound like another Reddit post. Some good points I agree on, but the article is just an endless rant that quickly leads me to ask "so stop listening then?" Right away she posts that he is making $120m/y which does not appear to be true. Howard himself has said the rumors of $80m/y are grossly exaggerated, but who knows. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next year as the world (hopefully, likely) starts getting back to normal. He has said he expects to be back in the studio, but will also continue some remote time as well.

And yeah, I would be totally cool with him not talking about reality TV shows anymore.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The therapy quote is spot on.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lifespan posted:

Some good points I agree on, but the article is just an endless rant that quickly leads me to ask "so stop listening then?"

I feel like I am going through the same stuff with Stern that I am going through with Wrestling. It's very easy to stop watching a TV show after 3-4 episodes, or even after the 3rd or 4th season if it turned to crap.

When you've been watching it for 20-30 YEARS, it's a hard habit to break. And then you just see the product become nowhere near where it once was, but you have hope due to its potential. At some point your interest just dwindles from watching live every day, to on demand, to skipping past the garbage, to reading recaps, to checking in occasionally. But it's hard to just cut yourself off from it entirely.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I feel like I am going through the same stuff with Stern that I am going through with Wrestling. It's very easy to stop watching a TV show after 3-4 episodes, or even after the 3rd or 4th season if it turned to crap.

When you've been watching it for 20-30 YEARS, it's a hard habit to break. And then you just see the product become nowhere near where it once was, but you have hope due to its potential. At some point your interest just dwindles from watching live every day, to on demand, to skipping past the garbage, to reading recaps, to checking in occasionally. But it's hard to just cut yourself off from it entirely.

I went through this exact thing w/ Howard. It started when Artie left the show. Now I just check this thread and tune into his channel maybe once a week?

Working from home also drastically cut down the time I listen.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

MrMidnight posted:

I went through this exact thing w/ Howard. It started when Artie left the show. Now I just check this thread and tune into his channel maybe once a week?

Working from home also drastically cut down the time I listen.

I listened to the show for 20 years. Literally, listened to every second of the show from 1997-2018. I stopped listening around May 2018 and I haven't heard a full show since. There's too many good podcasts out there, and as numerous sources have pointed out, the show is a shell of what it once was. I check this thread and /r/howardstern daily, follow the show on Instagram to see clips every once in a while, but that's about it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lifespan posted:

He will definitely rail on that article and it really does sound like another Reddit post. Some good points I agree on, but the article is just an endless rant that quickly leads me to ask "so stop listening then?" Right away she posts that he is making $120m/y which does not appear to be true. Howard himself has said the rumors of $80m/y are grossly exaggerated, but who knows. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next year as the world (hopefully, likely) starts getting back to normal. He has said he expects to be back in the studio, but will also continue some remote time as well.

As a rule of thumb, everything Howard says about how much money he makes/has is a lie.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
To be fair Howard's been telling the same 11 stories for the past 40 years, if you listen regularly enough you heard it a loooong time ago. Not exactly a knock on someone if they can retell the same story over and over and it's interesting most of the times you hear it even if you know the conclusion.

I can listen to the shows I recorded from 2006-2012 and if I set the show I'm picking from to today's date there's almost no way to tell what year it is unless he brings up a political event at the time, or the Super Bowl winner is wrong, or whatever.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I see OJ. I see OJ MANE and he look scaied.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I see OJ. I see OJ MANE and he look scaied.

And I would be scared too.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Lifespan posted:

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next year as the world (hopefully, likely) starts getting back to normal. He has said he expects to be back in the studio, but will also continue some remote time as well.

Howard says a lot of things. In 2006, when callers started giving him poo poo for doing four day weeks, he lied and said he would do Fridays again. Obviously he never did and now it's a three day week. Howard has this reputation for being transparent about his life, yet he has no qualms about lying if it means tricking people into listening or subscribing.

So I don't believe him when he says he will go back to the studio. He's already said part of the reason he re-signed was because now he can work from home. Ever since he left terrestrial radio he has found more and more ways to cut corners and water down the show.

I imagine the studio at Sirius will be closed or downsized into a small workspace just so the producers and writers have room to set up a bit if they absolutely have to. Of course none of this will be acknowledged to the audience, much like when Scott, Brent, Shuli, et al. left the show.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Former Human posted:

Howard says a lot of things. In 2006, when callers started giving him poo poo for doing four day weeks, he lied and said he would do Fridays again. Obviously he never did and now it's a three day week. Howard has this reputation for being transparent about his life, yet he has no qualms about lying if it means tricking people into listening or subscribing.

So I don't believe him when he says he will go back to the studio. He's already said part of the reason he re-signed was because now he can work from home. Ever since he left terrestrial radio he has found more and more ways to cut corners and water down the show.

I imagine the studio at Sirius will be closed or downsized into a small workspace just so the producers and writers have room to set up a bit if they absolutely have to. Of course none of this will be acknowledged to the audience, much like when Scott, Brent, Shuli, et al. left the show.

I'm still baffled why they throw money at him. Since starting in 2006 they've never (at least that I'm aware) been able to tell how many people actually subscribe just for him and there's no way that number has gone up in 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I've been kinda wondering the last while why the show is so watered down. My brother and I were talking and speculating that maybe theres something in his contract that says if he does something really controversial that causes a lot of backlash, particularly in the "me too et-al era" that maybe they can cancel him and he doesn't get a pay out.