Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The entire cast and crew of Dirty Work aside from Artie and Daniel-San are dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lifespan posted:

Artie has now outlived Bob Saget too...

Former Human posted:

It's funny how many celebrity deaths I learn about from this thread.

gently caress, me too. Goddamit, Bob. :(

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

The entire cast and crew of Dirty Work aside from Artie and Daniel-San are dead.

Ralph Macchio wasn't in that one, you're thinking of Beer League.

And Chevy Chase is still here.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Bob Saget earnestly wished death upon the Tourette's Guy for the heinous crime of saying his name three times in a video in 2006. I wish I could say I was heartbroken but I never found him particularly funny and he seemed to have a lot of hate in his heart

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Sand Monster posted:

I'm looking forward to the awkward, forced, positive reflections about Chevy when he dies. I'm an 80s kid so I grew up with Chevy and like most of the stuff he's done but he's humongous rear end in a top hat.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Bonzo posted:

I'm looking forward to the awkward, forced, positive reflections about Chevy when he dies. I'm an 80s kid so I grew up with Chevy and like most of the stuff he's done but he's humongous rear end in a top hat.

When he came back to host SNL in 1985, he kept pitching a sketch (to an openly gay castmember) where the guy would play someone with AIDS and go in to the doctor's office to get weighed every week. Not sure what the humor in this idea was.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 10, 2022

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Speaking of Artie, I've been catching up on his Halfway House show lately and highly recommended it as most of it is just him sharing stories with other comedians.

I just got up to the episode with Tim Sabean though and the behind the scenes stuff from the Stern show does make Howard look like a huge piece of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jAkSwTC0Mg

Vakal fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 10, 2022

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

so can he just not afford a plastic surgeon or is he proud of it

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

so can he just not afford a plastic surgeon or is he proud of it

I think it's neither -- that no one will operate on him, due to his inability to stay clean or what, I forget, but I remember him saying that he's tried to get it fixed but isn't able to do so (yet?).

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

wouldn't surgery like that require some pretty powerful pain meds afterwards? if so that could be the biggest risk. but i've not abused my nose from decades of drug use to the point where it caved in like a roof so idk

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Vakal posted:

Speaking of Artie, I've been catching up on his Halfway House show lately and highly recommended it as most of it is just him sharing stories with other comedians.

I just got up to the episode with Tim Sabean though and the behind the scenes stuff from the Stern show does make Howard look like a huge piece of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jAkSwTC0Mg

Well if there's one thing Tim knows, it's poo poo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

but anyway i just clicked to a random part of it to see what he looks like now and i have been hooked for 10min straight and will go back and listen to it from the beginning (in the background, can't stand looking at him lol). gently caress man, i forgot how compelling a speaker artie is. can't believe it's been this long.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

but anyway i just clicked to a random part of it to see what he looks like now and i have been hooked for 10min straight and will go back and listen to it from the beginning (in the background, can't stand looking at him lol). gently caress man, i forgot how compelling a speaker artie is. can't believe it's been this long.

Good news, after like the 25th episode they get too lazy to turn on the camera and it's just audio only.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Artie might need to ease back onto the heroin a bit. He doesn't let Tim talk at all and just keeps manically interrupting him when he tells stories. It's very annoying.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It bothers me how intent artie is on having these little sit downs with Howard so he can say he's sorry. Heard him say this so many times. It's so obvious to anyone that is 100% for him and his ego, not necessarily for Howard in any way

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Artie is still a junkie loser, whether he is actively on the nod or not. There's nothing Howard has to gain from a meeting with Artie.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I wonder if Howard just erased Artie from his memory altogether

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Howard is a businessman who will just flat out delete people from his life, from like every account we've heard from everyone who used to work there, including Tim, whose story in the video above is "howard my dad passed away I want to get some leave of absence" howard:"never work here again"

Artie is a self absorbed freak who cannot fathom that you can irreparably damage relationships from sociopathic behavior and that people have their limits and that not everyone is his mom and sister who will forgive him (enable) for everything he does

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Howard is a businessman who will just flat out delete people from his life, from like every account we've heard from everyone who used to work there, including Tim, whose story in the video above is "howard my dad passed away I want to get some leave of absence" howard:"never work here again"

Artie is a self absorbed freak who cannot fathom that you can irreparably damage relationships from sociopathic behavior and that people have their limits and that not everyone is his mom and sister who will forgive him for everything he does

I bet you he got pissed at Tim because he had a moment of realization that his own parents will die someday

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Howard is a businessman who will just flat out delete people from his life...

Yep. Witness the examples of him walking past Gilbert in the halls at SXM and pretending he didn't see him, or (my personal favorite) the incident where the "AGT" producers "surprised" Howard with an appearance from his good friend of many years Dee Snider. Of course, said producers had no idea that Dee was "around" and had been banished, so Howard had to feign excitement and friendship with Dee for the duration of the segment and thereafter could resume pretending that they were never friends.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I remember that interview with one of Howard's daughters where she talked about how terrible her childhood was and how awful it was going out in public because her father was so paranoid about people around you everywhere all the time waiting for you to do something stupid so they could tell the entire world about it

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To be honest I would take Tim's side of things with a grain of salt too. This is a grown rear end man who poo poo on the floor for christ's sake.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

kylej posted:

To be honest I would take Tim's side of things with a grain of salt too. This is a grown rear end man who poo poo on the floor for christ's sake.

Lol he poo poo on the light switch

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ralph Hurley posted:

Lol he poo poo on the light switch

He then swore on the life of his child that he didn't do it and then copped to everything like, ten seconds later

Vakal
May 11, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Tim also talks about some lady that Howard hired because she co-wrote a book on being more efficient and how soon she was the one deciding who should be fired from the show.

Anyone know more about that? I must have stopped listening by then.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Vakal posted:

Tim also talks about some lady that Howard hired because she co-wrote a book on being more efficient and how soon she was the one deciding who should be fired from the show.

Anyone know more about that? I must have stopped listening by then.

She taught Howard how to unsubscribe from email.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-woman-behind-howard-sternstern-1493675605

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marciturk/

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

kylej posted:

He's also a junkie too, right? He seems like a coke guy.

If Artie is doing the 12 step thing, then he may want to apologize to Howard but I'm pretty sure this would turn into Artie unleashing 10+ years of frustrations on Howard which isn't healthy either. He's like an ex-lover clicking Like on old Facebook photos.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was the rumor but it makes sense knowing how weirdly manic he would be on air.

Whatever tiny shred of sympathy I had left for Artie died out after that news story came out years ago where he was screaming at his girlfriend and calling her a oval office in the middle of Paris and I'm pretty sure he tried to fight the cops that tried to intervene. You don't do that because you're on heroin, you do that because you're a really sad, pathetic person.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

You would not believe the conspiracy theories based around this woman that pop up on the Stern subreddit

Vakal
May 11, 2008

kylej posted:

You don't do that because you're on heroin, you do that because you're a really sad, pathetic person.

You're saying an Italian longshoreman from New Jersey doesn't treat his girlfriends right? I'm shocked!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Vakal posted:

You're saying an Italian longshoreman from New Jersey doesn't treat his girlfriends right? I'm shocked!

Artie has never had a single healthy relationship with any woman, ever (and this includes his mom and sister obviously).

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Ralph Macchio wasn't in that one, you're thinking of Beer League.

I don’t know how I hosed that up. I hope the pitching machine is still alive and working bachelor parties.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

I don’t know how I hosed that up. I hope the pitching machine is still alive and working bachelor parties.

I told you not to be stupid you moron

Today is the 31st anniversary of the death of Steve Clark. Who is he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yonijurHnjs

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 11, 2022

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I told you not to be stupid you moron

Today is the 31st anniversary of the death of Steve Clark. Who is he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yonijurHnjs

This song is on my gym playlist and every single time I hear it, I sing the Richard Christy version

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

haljordan posted:

I remember that interview with one of Howard's daughters where she talked about how terrible her childhood was and how awful it was going out in public because her father was so paranoid about people around you everywhere all the time waiting for you to do something stupid so they could tell the entire world about it

I'm with Howard on this one and I think other celebrities have similar feelings about their kids in public. Howard's fans are mental enough to interact with his daughters out in public, but could you imagine the fans of his enemies back in the day?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm with Howard on this one and I think other celebrities have similar feelings about their kids in public. Howard's fans are mental enough to interact with his daughters out in public, but could you imagine the fans of his enemies back in the day?

It's just funny that Howard had that viewpoint when he spent years and years mercilessly ripping on famous peoples' kids (like Kathy Lee)

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

His one daughter has a public YouTube channel where she puts all her weird songs and religious stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQvPS60h6Y0

If this was anyone else they'd spend a week making fun

haljordan posted:

It's just funny that Howard had that viewpoint when he spent years and years mercilessly ripping on famous peoples' kids (like Kathy Lee)

Then there's the whole thing with Gilbert and Chevy Chase's kid, making fun of Stephen Spielberg adopting black kids, etc. I think he did apologize to Kathy Lee thought, right?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

kc posed for gay photographs

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

(with a german homo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

He was out of his mind back then.