Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Funny that when the weather is good they barely come in to do new shows but when this massive hurricane hits Howard decides to still come to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yep, on the air. Not just one the air, either, actively mocking Gary for staying home to take care of his McMansion in Greenwich.

Good man, Howard. :tipshat:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

MrMidnight posted:

Funny that when the weather is good they barely come in to do new shows but when this massive hurricane hits Howard decides to still come to work.

Howard's work ethic is mainly just his neurosis

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

..and witches, and swamp creatures, and gremlins, and ghoulies, and demons, and spiders, and ogres, and goblins, and dinosaurs, and warlocks, and sharks, and mexicans

:downs:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Well I used to feel sympathy for what Robin is going through, but after she lashed out at Richard, I don't loving care if she keels over tomorrow.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joe Don Baker posted:

Well I used to feel sympathy for what Robin is going through, but after she lashed out at Richard, I don't loving care if she keels over tomorrow.

What happened? How dare she attack Richard?! :mad:

geera
May 20, 2003
They were tearing in to Richard for staying home the last 2 days (which turned out to be a good thing since he apparently had water coming in to his apartment). Richard made a joke that Robin didn't come in to work either and she wasn't getting any grief for it, and she totally flipped out on him.

Robin is horrible in general but she's been extra horrible this week with all her comments about people not being dependable and how they should be risking everything to come to work, when she's been doing the show from home for months.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Richard's retort to Robin flipping out should've been "Calm down, don't lose any more hair over it."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSDbA4MktW8

Howard pisses everybody off with one sentence a piece. Robin's bit starts around 3:00. (Summary: "Robin can't take anything.")

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

geera posted:

They were tearing in to Richard for staying home the last 2 days (which turned out to be a good thing since he apparently had water coming in to his apartment). Richard made a joke that Robin didn't come in to work either and she wasn't getting any grief for it, and she totally flipped out on him.

Robin is horrible in general but she's been extra horrible this week with all her comments about people not being dependable and how they should be risking everything to come to work, when she's been doing the show from home for months.

I haven't listened to today's show yet, but I was kind of in agreement with Howard over his "what are you going to do even if you stay home" argument. I thought Richard (much like Gary) was kind of in the wrong to miss out on work when a hotel room was provided for him, his wife, and pets.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

-Atom- posted:

I haven't listened to today's show yet, but I was kind of in agreement with Howard over his "what are you going to do even if you stay home" argument. I thought Richard (much like Gary) was kind of in the wrong to miss out on work when a hotel room was provided for him, his wife, and pets.

I didn't hear the show, so I don't know all the context.

I've never had to worry about a flood/hurricane before, but I do know I would have a really tough time not trying to stay at my house and do what I could to lessen the damage.
Lets say your basement, or roof started flooding - wouldn't you rather be there to at least try to lessen the damage? Sure, maybe your efforts would be fruitless, but at least you were there to try. My mind would be constantly racing if I was away with thoughts of "What could I be doing to prevent more damage?"

VVV Edit I hope I didn't come off as douchy - didn't mean to if it sounded that way.VVV

Did Howard mention anything about his shorehouse? I'm wondering what precautions he made (if any).

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 31, 2012

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kragger99 posted:

I've never had to worry about a flood/hurricane before, but I do know I would have a really tough time not trying to stay at my house and do what I could to lessen the damage.

I'm in this same boat as well. I live in Northern California and having to deal with severe weather conditions just isn't something that happens to me.

You're probably right though.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
This week of shows has been amazing because there have been no guests and Howard is cranky. He's absolutely wrong about people coming in, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the ball busting everyone has received.

Also, having him make Jason admit he's undependable was great.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

-Atom- posted:

It's insane that Howard wanted people to relocate their entire families just so they could do some dopey radio show. Also, my guess is that the hotel that was provided for them was a block of reservations, not something that was actually paid for by Howard/Sirius.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Is this the same Howard that cancelled a show recently because the AGT taping went late and he didn't want to get up?

I'd also like to point out that the winner of AGT was a DOG.

At best I can just hope that Howard knows he's no longer relevant outside of his echo chamber and that sends him into these rages. He can't rag on any celebrities now because that would cost him some relationships and end what little career Beth has left. So all he can do is lash out at his staff.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Bonzo posted:

So all he can do is lash out at his staff.

Thankfully those are the best shows! We win off Howard's misery. It just seems ... right.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
The problem with Robin oftentimes is that she can't form coherent arguments of her own; she simply piggybacks on whatever point Howard is making and is, in effect, just a cheerleader.

This morning, her sycophancy was particularly grating.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Smeep posted:

It's insane that Howard wanted people to relocate their entire families just so they could do some dopey radio show. Also, my guess is that the hotel that was provided for them was a block of reservations, not something that was actually paid for by Howard/Sirius.

Yeah, I think I was just clouded by how much I love Howard ragging on his crew.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Keep in mind that Howard no longer has a family because all he would ever work on is the show.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Jesus, Howard is a grade-A rear end in a top hat.

Robin is batshit insane

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 31, 2012

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Bonzo posted:

Keep in mind that Howard no longer has a family because all he would ever work on is the show.

He rarely talks about his kids anymore.
My guess is they don't come around with Beth constantly in their faces.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

He rarely talks about his kids anymore.
My guess is they don't come around with Beth constantly in their faces.

At one point, wasn't one of them in Israel and another in San Francisco? I think the youngest one is on relatively good terms with Howard, though.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

prefect posted:

At one point, wasn't one of them in Israel and another in San Francisco? I think the youngest one is on relatively good terms with Howard, though.

Wasn't one of them in Chile for an extended period of time? Howard occasionally boasts how impressed he is by how one of them can speak Spanish fluently.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Howard lives on like the 20th floor of a high-rise apartment, right? Yet he spent the whole week berating his staff members who were worried about flooding?

That's...yep, that's pretty much Howard.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

prefect posted:

I'm betting that once she's in College she'll walk the Earth like the rest of them. I don't think anyone in the family, including his parents, like Beth that much.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

prefect posted:

Do he's two older kids actually have jobs now? It seemed like he was a little frustrated that they seemed content traveling, volunteering and "finding themselves" while spending his money. Not that I blame them but it's got to drive Howard crazy since he feels that he's been working his rear end off since he was 22.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

He makes choices that unnecessarily make his life harder (like coming to work in a hurricane) and then complains that everyone else isn't in misery like he is because they're not masochistic neurotic lunatics as well.

Of course, having said that, it's been a stellar week of radio. :)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The last time he came to work after a hurricane he get fired from NBC.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

I'm betting that once she's in College she'll walk the Earth like the rest of them. I don't think anyone in the family, including his parents, like Beth that much.

Probably because she is a grown up child.

Can't wait to listen to the shows this week, grumpy Howard is the best.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

qbert posted:

Howard lives on like the 20th floor of a high-rise apartment, right? Yet he spent the whole week berating his staff members who were worried about flooding?

That's...yep, that's pretty much Howard.

Howard lives 3 blocks from Sirius. Richard lives 567 blocks away. On the other side of a loving river. How was he supposed to get there if the subway and the bridges were closed? Not everyone has $500 for a one way helicopter ride into their $12.50 an hour job in which he's not even on the air ever anymore anyway.

But there were no tradio calls made that day :qq:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Robin's probably dying so we should give her a pass here.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
Hamptons Howies house is right on the water, I've seen zero news of how the Hamptons faired, has he brought it up? I'd be surprised if his house didn't suffer serious damage

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Any hint of ice or snow in the PNW keeps me at home. Work has only shut down once due to bad weather, which is nothing like the snow storms in other parts of the country. We just don't and will never have the infrastructure to handle any kind of snow or ice up here. I have an AWD car and I'm decent driving in snow but I don't trust the other idiots out there. I'd rather stay home and miss a couple days of work than risk getting my car hosed up or worse. Screw Howard.

I do think Richard should not have said poo poo about Robin. She gets a pass IMO.

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
The greatest tragedy of Hurricane Sandy is that Sour Shoes was unable to sit in as the house band on Monday :(

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

What's the over/under on the number of cats Beth will rescue from the Sandy aftermath?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Does Beth make Howard do all those pet call outs? I mean what are the chances that some guy who lost his husky in loving Connecticut is listening to THSS at that exact moment in time?

They are just bizarre non sequitors that add nothing to the show, and the dog would be better served by them putting up flyers in the neighborhood they found it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

CapnPyro posted:

Hamptons Howies house is right on the water, I've seen zero news of how the Hamptons faired, has he brought it up? I'd be surprised if his house didn't suffer serious damage

Not a whole lot of issues out there. Believe me, I am sure he would have discussed it.

Did Robin say anything about her Jersey shore house?

Artie probably got the worst of it. Hoboken is basically under 5 feet of water.
He also has a shore house for sale that will probably now remain on the market for another year.

Edit.
Artie making the best of it

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 1, 2012

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I think she said no one could get out there yet to check it out. My guess is that it's toast.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Jesus christ, how long was he submerged before they found his corpse?