Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I've never heard Neil Strauss speak before, but after listening to that interview today I just felt creeped out. Like Andy Warhol telling people how to "pick up chicks"

I thought he came across a little awkward on the show which was surprising because he once went on national television and essentially put all of his teachings into work on one of the most attractive and desired women in the world.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not advocating the pick-up artistry, I'm just pointing out how easily the conversation flows for him in the situation.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

YES!!

http://twitter.com/charliesheen/status/42731720402931712

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

heavy liquid posted:

Oh good, it's Kathy Griffin. Hopefully that means Sandra Bernhard or Joan Rivers will be in soon.

Close... Sarah Silverman will be in later this week.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Chinook posted:

Bradley Cooper (interviewed last week?) and Renee Zellweger announced that they are broken up. Sort of funny, considering the conversation Howard had with him.

Howard is free to bang her now since he sat next to her in a beauty salon one time.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Is it just me or has there been more commercial breaks this week?

They took one yesterday after being back for about 5 minutes, but that was because a caller had the nerve to ask Howard why he has to do so many live reads when the subscribers are paying for the show.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I'd love to see a special that follows the Christy family around NYC.

With dubbed narration by Fred playing the role of each of the Christy family members.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

TheLakers posted:

That Artie/Nick show was great.

Yeah, I think almost everyone has already said it, but Artie was killing it. He hasn't missed a beat. The only bad thing about hearing him on there is that it just makes me want him back on the regular show even more, and I have a feeling it just isn't going to happen.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, for a change.

I really hope that Stern manages to keep his schadenfreude under wraps... if he starts treating Artie like he has Stuttering John, then that will be the final nail in the coffin for me listening to his show.

Hopefully he sticks to the same Artie-related stance that he has all along which is to not talk about it at all, or only the absolute bare minimum that he has to and still appear (vaguely) human.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Wow, listening to the analysis of the 9/11 show... getting some flashbacks. Pretty intense at times.

They could have edited the audio when Howard is narrating and says, "And they haven't even caught Bin Laden yet!".

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

That is quite an outfit. Wow.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Wasn't there a "who's the biggest whore?" contest a few months ago? Ugh.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

chiz posted:

there are ways to be defensive and deflect and then there are ways to make you look like a complete loving retard.

Robin accomplishes this weekly.

Oh, here we go!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

burmart posted:

I think you guys are overthinking it. She's probably saying she doesn't know what's IN a hot dog. Which is a valid point. I love em, but when I order one I have no idea if it's pork assholes or cow lips.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

jerkstore77 posted:

The news is only good when

- Gilbert is there.
- Robin tells a story about the Spiderman musical and Howard starts singing about Spiderman.

The news hasn't been enjoyable since Artie left.

And I'd add to that list any news story about or audio clips from an Amanda Peet film.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

Even Howard's twitter turned into poo poo and it's just an advertisement for Howard TV.

Hey, he posted a super over exposed pic of Beth today!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

The news department ran a story on this, but basically, Robin thinks that "Captain America" should have been less a comic book movie with weapons, explosions, and action, and more a story on race relations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-quivers/captain-americas-usa_b_915142.html

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

After other posters mentioned listening to the ETM pack, I went and checked out a few at random, and the aspect that stood out the most was how vocal Fred was (or specifically how much he was laughing, and how loudly) whenever Artie told jokes. You never really hear Fred laugh any more, but he was busting a gut all the time at Artie's lines. It was pretty much the equivalent of Jackie laughing at his own jokes.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Master Kush posted:

Those pictures are beautiful. How do they shoot it like that? What kind of camera are they using? That is PRO and makes me want to get into photography.

It looks like possibly a fish eye lens based on the photos posted here. Hard to say what the camera is but probably high end Nikon or Canon.

It's interesting, I guess, but I don't think it's very suitable for wedding photography.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

bisticles posted:

For crowded dance floors in receptions, a wide-angle lens is the only way to get a bunch of people in the picture without requiring ten feet of space between you and the subject.

That does make sense, but I don't understand using that lens for the picture of Sal and his wife. Sal is somewhat goofy looking to begin with, but it's a very unflattering photograph. I wouldn't want to be photographed like that.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Also no way he was hacked, 10 to 1 he let Ralph borrow it...

Ralph has stated his innocence:

http://twitter.com/#!/MYGEEKTIME/status/100273823772983296

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

I actually participated in this at a pervert camp I went to last year.

Someone send an invitation to Sal and Benji so they can attend pervert camp this year.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Howard loves him some over exposed shots of Beth.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Is there a Gilbert collection? He makes every appearance hilarious.

There is one floating around somewhere as I remember downloading it a few years ago.

Edit:

Or if you want to go the YouTube route as mentioned above, there's tons on there.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Robin completely slaughtered Howard with just that cackle and he got absolutely furious.

Been a long time since Robin's been so right on a situation and an even longer time since she made me laugh.

I didn't hear this on the show. What happened?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

n/m

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 22, 2011

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

During the William Shatner interview, he asked Howard if he's working five days a week, and Howard said 'no' and that's he's only working three days a week.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

http://scriptcover.com/

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Alkaphanel posted:

"We don't actively book guests!"

The other day they mentioned that Robert De Niro wanted to call in for an interview but he could only do it on [either Thursday or Friday] so that was never going to happen.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

ziglol posted:

Fred's impressions are the best, especially whenever he does JD, Gange or Ronnie. One day he made me laugh so hard the back of my head started hurting real bad.

His Jason is hilarious, too.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I really like his Scott the Engineer impression (or is it Scott Depace? I always get their voices mixed up)

I know that Depace is the right wing loony who does Howard TV stuff and Scott the engineer is the one with the black cloud but beyond that I can't tell them apart.

Fred's DePace sounds like a backwater hick with a Southern accent and his Scott the Engineer is a nasally voice punctuated with "eh!" noises.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Vakal posted:

So the Tiger's put out the Yankees last night. Should make for some good fodder for Artie and Nick's next show.

They were on the air during and after the game last night. You can listen to the reply on http://nickandartie.com.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Let's all welcome The Howard Stern Show back from vacation...

... with Bai Ling and a 30 minute call from Deidre Beth!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Ya I was actually kinda excited about a live show today...but I just ended up listening to Artie and High Pitch Mike at Disney.

I may soon find myself listening to the previous night's replay of the Artie and Nick show instead. They have a lot of energy on that show and I could listen to Artie tell stories about anything and love every second of it.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Kelly posted:

Great start to the show today. First five minutes: phone call from Pittsburgh Pete and plugging Beth's newest charity venture.

And Rosie O'Donnell later in the morning! It's just so enjoyable when she calls in now that her and Howard are BFFs. :suicide:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

Fred has been SO off over the last few months. He occasionally still nails it, but he's just gotten so lazy with the digital clip system. Even though he now has an insane number of clips at his disposal and isn't hindered by physically switching out tapes he plays far fewer sounds than he usd to and Howard has to ask for music where Fred used to instinctively cue it up (to great comedic effect). I find myself laughing over the thought of clips Fred could've used during news stories or crazy callers and then I get sad :smith:

The entire show is just on auto-pilot at this point. It sucks. And I think we've reached the point where the show is now on 3 days per week all the time.

Meanwhile, the Nick and Artie show is just killing it. If you loved Artie on the show and have even a passing knowledge of sports, just give it a try. Half of the show is just riffing on various topics not even really related to sports.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

porkfriedrice posted:

Speaking of last nights show, was it just the fact that I was slightly high that made the Jaws bit so god drat funny? I was dying.

Pretty much any instance where Artie quotes movies anything is hilarious and that was no exception.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Now he just seems like a brittle, out of touch old man. :smith:

Seems like, or is?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

I'll like to add that to counter Howard's requirement of no children, she replaces her desire to have children with animals.

You should check out her Twitter page. Her bio begins "mom of bianca". Gee, that isn't revealing at all, is it?

chiz posted:

Not at all. She's a trophy wife, a sham-wife and it's disgustingly blatant. Shes never had talent or a career, she just works out and stays in shape for the lifestyle that Howard provides for her.

And occasionally has to let him have sex with her, which according to Howard is great because she doesn't want to have sex for very long so he can just get off and then it's all over!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

chiz posted:

and owns a barbie doll complete with bendable limbs and kung fu grip

"cmon barbie, time to take you to bed" "Oh Barbie I'm gonna play dress up with you, here are some clothes and jewelry."

"Okay, Barbie, now let's take pictures of you! Here's a cute doggy for you to pose with!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Vakal posted:

- Caller calls in to call out Howard about only being on 3 days a week - Gets ranted at.

Not that any of us are surprised, but at least we got confirmation to our suspicions when the contract was renewed that the 3 day week would soon become the standard. And now it is. I actually thought it would take a little bit longer for the 3 day week to become permanent.