Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dawunderboy
Aug 9, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I'd back this. Let's keep in mind that a lot of us were hoping Artie would take some time off or get fired because he was either not showing up or completely dominating the conversation with his bullshit. I never realized how annoying it was until I listened to Part 5 of the Artie Addiction Saga: Artie's out of control, he's not as funny as he used to be, and Howard and Robin are just wanting to punch-in/punch-out and go home. The show was on autopilot and Artie was basically the only one there giving an effort and he's crashing hard.

That doesn't defend the show now, but when they settled into Sirius, that's when the show really stopped being worth the money. It was the setup to what we have now.
Yeah i'm the exact same way, and one of those losers who got what he wanted but hates the outcome. I wanted Artie to get help or get lost, the last few months he was on the show were awful. He would constantly talk over everyone and tell lovely jokes, it was obvious he was hosed up but he was just so god drat annoying. I just wanted to hear Howard, I wanted to listen to what he has to say. Now that Artie's gone Howard is free to talk again and I can't stand it. Robin is free to talk more too and it's just awful (and I used to like her on the show).

I haven't been listening as long as some of you have, but I absolutely agree the show jumped the shark midway through the Sirius years. They had nothing to fight against, nothing to prove and nothing to do to improve their situation. Howard got his subscriber bonus and got the merger, he did what he set out to do and now he can only sit back and collect a cheque.

I agree with Howard's need for a purpose to stay, that's what seemed to be going on the last contract negotiations. He had nothing to rage against, nothing to prove, so he really had no reason to stay so he manufactured this "everyone will fail and be poor if I quit so I have to resign to save everyone" angle (which is true for some but most would have done ok).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dawunderboy
Aug 9, 2009

Smeep posted:

Yes! He literally said to Schuli that he knows that other reviewers don't have to pay for the movies they review, so he shouldn't have to either.

This is why I love Eric, everything he does he immediately becomes a professional and demands to be treated as such. Two lines on American Dreams? I can now pick and choose my roles, you think Tom Cruise does things he doesn't want to do? Duggie the Puggie is done, i'll just sit back and wait for the book deals, and you have to earn the right to hear my story.

I'm glad he's off the show because Artie helped make Eric the great caller he was, but I still love the little poo poo.

dawunderboy
Aug 9, 2009

scapulataf posted:

Oh my god, I need a link to that now or I'll die.

Second, it was amazing (I only remember of bit of it from the first time I listened). I'm a (relatively) new listener to the Stern show (started a few months into the Sirius years) and it's amazing how the show went from such energy to the amazing height of apathy it is now in like 5 short years.

edit: At least Beetlejuice is coming back somewhat soon!

dawunderboy
Aug 9, 2009
Isnt that King of all Blacks? I've stopped listening to the show lately but I would absolutely tune in for any time KOAB gets to bust on people. When he was ripping on Ronnie during the intern pageant a while back I couldn't stop laughing. He's an rear end in a top hat, and his calls can be death, but when he has someone to bust on he is hilarious.

dawunderboy
Aug 9, 2009

an adult beverage posted:

ETM Trivia: what was the title of the song that Eric composed and had played on the air for one-time fake girlfriend Kendra?

Our two hearts will prove them wrong.

You guys being the THEM.