Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Butthole Prince posted:

I must be an idiot but I cannot find H100 or H101 on the SIRIUS app for iPhone. I've scrolled through the list many times. Where are they hiding it?

Check "Categories" then Howard Stern. Should open H100 and H101 for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Millstone posted:

I caught that. I was thinking to myself, 'no way, she has to know what she just said.' Unless "youthanize" just became a word

Howard ragging on Richard was terrible. What an rear end in a top hat. Richard actually finding modest success in something he loves is upsetting to Hamptons Howie. Howard has never come across as more jealous.

And Gary and Jon couldn't wait to wrap up the wrapup show exactly at 11am

Last year, I believe the show played some of Richard's drum work when he was with Death. And they, with the exception of Fred, ragged on him then, too.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

musclecoder posted:

Pure jealousy. Howard even said "why don't you go make some phony calls while on your break?" It was pretty rage inducing. And this isn't ragging on one of Jackie's lovely CD's, Richard was a legitimate metal drummer for years. Dude has insane talent.

And Richard can play the intro to Hot For Teacher, he did it without much warmup either.

I think that's what Fred said, as well. Heavy metal wasn't his sort of thing, but he knows Richard has talent behind the drumkit.
Richard's gonna be pretty busy with his metal bands this year.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

heavy liquid posted:

Those of you who also listen to the radio live:

Have you also noticed that the show has consistently started right around 6:07 since they came back?

At first I thought somebody was running late and was waiting to hear Howard rip into somebody. It used to start right at 6:00 or maybe one or two minutes past. I'm sure tied into him ending the show right around 10:07 everyday; making sure he gets exactly four hours in, and not one minute more.

I've also really noticed the shorter shows more than I thought I would. Funny that by cutting off an hour of show each day it's like we're effectively losing another four hour show.

Yesterday they had some issues with Fred's setup/pc and couldnt get the show started until about 6:07. Not sure about the rest of the days (I tend to tune in around 7am on my way to work).

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Streebs posted:

Does anyone know what time they are going to reveal the psychological exam results?

Before getting into the office (about 5 mins ago), they went to a commercial break, saying they would get into the results when they came back. So I'm thinking about 7:10am Est.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

geera posted:

For anyone curious, here's the crazy scale from least-crazy (but still crazy) to psychotic:

Howard
Steve Langford
Fred
Robin
Benjy
Scoresman

What did Ronnie the Limo Driver rate? I missed the entire segment.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

-Atom- posted:

That's just the nature of the game in terms of premiering a new program.

Plus CNN doesn't exactly have a great track record for ratings.

That's pretty much what Howard said (the first part). It's a new show, ratings are going to be huge on the first episode, then they'll come down.

I think Howard mentioned it, right aroun 7am, that his interview beat Sean Hannity's show in the same timeslot (in the "25-50" demographic as he called it).

Also mentioned were future appearances by Howard on TV. I believe Jimmy Kimmel on Feb 3rd, Letterman on Feb 28th, with Jon Stewart/Daily Show and Jimmy Fallon in March sometime.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

AltronHGX posted:

I'm not lawyer but I was just thinkin. As sue-happy as Eric wants to be, couldn't he legitimately have a case as an entertainer against someone orchestrating deliberately spreading false rumors that he's dead? I imagine it could heavily damage someone's livelihood as people aren't going to try to hire a dead man.

I think he would have to prove that the rumors negatively effected him from getting work, by contrasting the "pay" he was getting before the rumors, with what he's making now. Which, in either case, is a giant 0.0

Far as I can tell, these death rumors have people talking about Eric more than they were 2 months ago.

MoreMetalBrian fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 24, 2011

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Daryl DBD posted:

Richard is a legitimately underrated metal drummer, I don't think people on the staff have an understanding of how great he is. Maybe Fred...

I want to say that back when Richard started the Charred Walls of the Damned project, they played some of his drumming from Death's "Sound of Perseverance" album on the show. Everyone pretty much mocked it, except for Fred.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

[url] http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/701144/richard-christy-talks-charred-walls-of-the-damned.jhtml#id=1672485[/url]

Jose from Liquid Metal interviewing Richard for Headbangers Ball.

It's cool seeing the one person (imo) on the show get recognition for his talent. I know he's been in a ton of other bands, but Charred really seems like his brainchild, and he's just running with it. Kudos to him.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

What's your problem? Everything the Stern-iverse creates is top notch. It should be, everything costs a small fortune to make.

And who are you to criticise? What do you do for a living?

Can we get a TechnoBeaver calendar, each month showcasing a gadget and Gary's spot-on-can't-be-refuted thoughts on it?
Hell, have the ace photographer do it. Photoshop Beth out of her calendar, take the animals out, and put Gadget Gary in there.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

Are you making GBS threads me? I could see him thinking this would MAYBE work if the original wasn't released

also

This is excellent. For some reason, I figured the first edit would have been Dickbutt, but photoshopped George Costanza works just as well.

EDIT : Kruger, not Costanza.

MoreMetalBrian fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Aug 9, 2012

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Joe Don Baker posted:

WTF Victoria Jackson.

She started off with saying that Dr Drew thinks the "baby" voice is some repressed psychological daddy issue. I shrugged it off.
When she started talking about how her father said this, and that, and how smart he was, I am starting to think differently about that...

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

qbert posted:

A lot of funny interviews this week, but I think JB Smoove was the funniest. I kind of wish Howard would've stayed quiet more and just let him riff on his stories, because everything he was saying was hilarious.

I agree. The interview with JB Smoove was great. The stories about growing up in Mt Vernon being "4 miles of straight rear end whuppins" and making friends with the school janitor were great.
I wish Howard would have stopped with attempting to make him feel like poo poo for getting "fired" from SNL, since it obviously wasn't working. But Howard is gonna Howard..

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

This morning's segment of Gary's Love Tape is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. It's a hour of pure Gary ball-busting.
I didn't catch the beginning of it, but I know it takes place in the late 90's. What exactly was the context of the tape?

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Joe Don Baker posted:

I didn't get to listen to the whole segment. Did he really sound desperate? Sirius really dicked him over. Back when he had the afternoon drive slot on H101, he was the 2nd most listened to show on Sirius, but they paid him poorly. I don't blame him for wanting to leave. I figured he must be making decent money with the syndication stuff he has going on in Florida markets. I guess all these lawsuits and divorce stuff have drained him financially.

The RadioIO thing was hilarious though. He bought into that hook, line, and sinker. He hoped he'd get the same numbers he got from Sirius. I think someone figured out that the online streaming stuff got like a few hundred listeners at best.

At the end of the Bubba segment, the desperation was in full effect. Outright asked Howard to put in a good word for him. Talked about how much he wanted to come back and how he had some meetings later with people at Sirius.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

If anyone's listening to this week's Staff Picks, it looks like they are playing the Gary Love Tap episode. Started around 6am this morning so it should be on repeat throughout the day and probably weekend.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

The Benjy Vortex was on point with Rob Corddry yesterday. Benjy got extremely defensive when Rob brought up the whole "coming in late doesn't work in the professional world". The only responses Benjy could come up with was how boring Rob was, or he was a terrible human being.
It was the first time in a couple months where I wished someone would drop the headset and beat the poo poo out of Benjy.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

I apologize in advance for a possible derail to the show, but I have a quick question about Sirius (hoping someone might know the answer here).

This morning, around 5:30am, I was listening to Howard 100. All of a sudden, my SiriusXM display refreshes and now says that I need to subscribe and call a certain number. Going through some other channels I listen to (Liquid Metal, for example) and this occurs here as well. Does not occur for some other channels like Opie and Anthony on 206.

Has anyone seen this issue before? I have had the same subscription plan for the better part of 5 years now. Haven't changed anything.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but yesterday's (may have been the day before) O&A was pretty entertaining, especially considering Tim Sabean's apparent involvement with their show now.
It looks like Opie/Anthony are pretty pissed at current state of affairs, and Tim is/was going behind their back on the direction of the show.
They also were vocal about not being able to book certain guests because of politics in the office.
Lastly, there seems to be a big push from above to get them out of mornings and switch up to the afternoon drive.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Finndo posted:

Wrap up is better than the show half the time, and would be even better if it wasn't hamstrung.

Where can one listen to O&A?

Channel 206 I believe.
They also do a weekly podcast, but I haven't heard that yet.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

Does anyone know what item Howard was talking about this morning in that conversation with Gary? I only hear part but it was sort of like a money clip but not quite, and whatever Gary had was similar but "wrong".

It was a small credit-card holder with a money clip on the back. Got the idea from Jerry Seinfeld.

He purchased one on the fly, but didn't like how cheap it looked. And since he's a man of taste, he spent about 30mins ordering a fancier one online (Bloomingdales, I think).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Anybody catch Hansi on Opie & Anthony this morning? I only caught the tail end of the phone conversation, but it was pretty good. Went into full conspiracy mode.
It was one of the few times where O&A actually refer to (and talk about at length) Howard and not "the other guy".

I wonder what will happen once Gary finds out Hansi called in to a different show.