Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Did we ever find out why the Eric the Midget real doll never got made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

call me cruel but I love how the ETM videos are full of comments about a "eric is dead" conspiracy

quote:

I was reading on the SFN that all these new Eric videos were filmed almost a full year ago. Apparently the doctors told Eric his death was imminent and wanted to leave some kind of legacy... which would explain why he looks so horrible in these vids.

quote:

Without a current newspaper in the video, I'm led to believe this video was shot before the midget died

quote:

Why did Eric record all of these videos before he died and why is his roommate uploading them? Let him rest in peace

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I Am a Keg. posted:

Ahahaha, ETM is now upset that they didn't play his "happy birthday" message.

He's definitely going to call pretty soon.

At least twice in the video, he pauses so long I thought the video had crashed :)

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EafeQdjGUo

He talks about the shooting in Tusan and the first thing he says:
"this proves I am not dead"

class act Eric

Manwithastick fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jan 14, 2011

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

musclecoder posted:

I always imagine Fred's system at Sirius like typing a Google search where it does the type-ahead find. So he can start typing "vodk" and it'd show all clips with that in it's title/description/meta-data and then he can just click and play one.

What's more impressive is when this wasn't on the Prophet system and he was using carts. One time Howard even tested him by making up some story about walking through dark woods and Fred was right there with sound effects.

Tell me we have video of that somewhere

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Listening to clips today made me realise how much I miss Blue Iris :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBXbz8Kunss

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I remember watching the Behind the Scenes special with Richard and Sal on HowardTV when they explained the process for making the prank calls

They edit the calls to be as short as possible (Stern hates any call that is over a certain point - I believe its 5 mins as he always labours the point "it runs over 5 mins")

They explained the need for consent and that they do a lot of calls where either it doesn't work (Bill mays calls garry the retard or the Christian Bale calls a lighting shop) or they don't get consent.

As somebody explained, its all fair when its jack and rod as they know its a show.

I am 90% certain the calls are legit but as ever SA has me doubting the sky is blue and the sea is green

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/user/EricTheActorJFSC1975#p/u/6/K8KFFfeeEVA

Eric saying why he makes his video - as mentioned he claims he does it support Johnny

Amazing when you see dead people speak dont'cha think

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Am I the only one who agrees with Howard that the Artie chair should stay empty to keep Artie's mental health?

He'd be upset if th the replacement is better (and people are going "gently caress Artie, this person rocks more"), worse ("gently caress Artie, he ruined it by trying to kill himself)
or if he returns ("LOL Artie bought any knives lately?" call would be inevitable)

Affectively there's no win here, whatever action Howard takes, Artie suffers so he's just going to let it stay empty in tribute (To say he's irreplaceable)

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I agree that the "Artie chair" should stay empty until Artie is back but I think they should atleast start having people sit in on the show every now and then. When was the last time someone stayed on for the news?
Christ, even getting Sal in there for a day a week would be fresh.
If they did it right and used people who Artie knows and is friends with then it would probably be less of a shock to his system.
I love the big fat baby gorilla, but something has got to give.

Listening to GJJ, Sals first appearance was really special - his wackpacker uncle, his games and everything reeked of joys and love of the show ethos

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Welp, ETM has responded to JD's challenge to be an actor by deleting all of his Youtube videos, his page just shows the TNA eliminate the hate video

Boo sir boo!

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

AltronHGX posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA that is absolutely the greatest possible outcome. I look forward to hearing JD brag :3:

I disagree, the best outcome would to see him do the Godfather Monologue thinking he is awesome and being proved otherwise

Essentially he's going to blank the whole thing and go off radar for a while which only lessens the laughs

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Would people listen to a full length Richard and Sal led show? Just doing werid poo poo, prank calls and jack and rod stuff

I would listen the hell to that!

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

ETM Update

He's deleted his channel - as I said he's going in to hiding to avoid the challenge - call Howard100 and get Langford on this!

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I liked it when he said "I'm not a pussy fucker...wait that came out wrong"

Guy has me in stitches, what will he do next?

not much because apparently he's dead

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

scapulataf posted:

Hey does anyone have a youtube link to the Gary the Retard birthday special where they sent him to the moon and had sal and richard dress up as historical figures to wish gary happy birthday?

"Four score and seven retards ago....."

My favourite was Richard Christy as Hitler giving Gary a spray to turns jews normal (if I remember rightly)

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I was looking at the SFN site and I saw this:

quote:

I just got off the phone w/ Johnny Fratto who just had a call from Eric the Actor & his upset parents. We've made his mom cry. That's why i'm pulling the plug on this whole dead midget gag. We've all had fun but it's time to stop. honestly, it was getting beat into the ground around here & elsewhere people were busy contacting him directly. it's ran it's course & i'm asking you all to move on to something new.

I don't want to see any more dead midget photoshops or threads. you've done plenty & they were tons of fun but it's not funny anymore. He's taking it to heart & considering he's already lived past a sick midget's life expectancy, pics of their son in a coffin is not what the parents need to be greeted with. i don't know how it got to them but my assumption is some people went too far w/ the joke & were contacting him & his friends.

so to recap
- Eric the Actor is alive. he's not dead & he's never died at all.
- I do not want any more dead midget fun going on here.
- I'm also asking you to drop it outside of SFN. I know i have no right to tell you what to do on facebook or myspace but please follow my lead & lets drop this one.

thanks

PS: If you know someone who has a memorial site, obituary, edited wikipedia, etc IMHO the joke has gone far enough.

PPS: If he can't drop the dead midget stuff, I will understand if you guys can't drop it and I promise, if he gets all gloaty acting like he put us in our place, i'll put everything back & tell u all to carry on.

We made the mom cry :(

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Can I get in on the Twitter love fest?

You can get me on @dadaknowsbest :)

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I just watched the Eric TNA video, my god I was in stitches

He suggests Kurt hire him to be the brains of his groups and the adds they should recruit "Mr rear end Paul Anderson" my goodness!

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Howard doing a Private Parts commentary on twitter.

drat came here to post this - it is awesome!

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Thinking about the Eric suicide FB message, could you imagine what would happen if that little lobster did himself in?

God, I can hear the news anchors in my head already!
"Tonight, Howard Stern drives disabled man to suicide!"

The press would make a meal of the whole thing

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Forgive me for asking but have we had any ETM news since that suicide post (if it was legit)?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Its gonna irk Howard that Sheens got 200,000 more followers than him in 2 days of being on twitter

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Out now at your local comic book store:
Howard Stern the unoffical badly drawn comic book!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=7959
Hope Howard rips this to poo poo

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Any news on the midget? has he really managed to stay off since December?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Been listening to recent clips, is the amazing pet lady awesome or horrifying, I cant tell yet :(