Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Millstone posted:

that's great but nobody cares what therapy from the internet thinks
Well, I agree with him; and that's really great, too.
If BTLS isn't on Sirius anymore then he's off-topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That Sal picture made me think of something.

That drop that Fred plays, "Hello, yoo-hoo!" I know that's Sal, but I don't know the backstory. Is there a reason that is Fred's go-to clip whenever they talk about really dark stuff like fans turning into murdering stalkers?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ajediday posted:

Artie's Man Cave was done on DIY Network's show called Man Caves (Gary and Ferall also had one done with the show).

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/video/player/0,1000643,DIY_33170_4581_25301-29441,00.html

gently caress that was painful to watch. I hope Artie's doing better, I really do.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
What's on this week/next week? Is it HoHS?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I just listened to the shows earlier this week myself. When someone has been a part of the show that long and gets no send-off, no on-air "we'll miss you, Stevie," nothing...
Medicated Pete got treated better when he had to go.

But really, during the entire Ronnie bitch-fest about how Leeser disrepects him and the phrase "short-staffed" came up over and over... it skeeves me out how Howard and Robin didn't mention Steve once. Robin was even there on the wrap-up-show. Man, morale over there must be at an all-time-low.

Guess there must be another lawsuit involved if no one's willing to say a peep.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
During the vacation I listened to a ton of the Artie flood. At first I was happy to have new shows to listen to this week. Then I heard Monday's show and the lack of Artie (and all that Robin... animatronic apes???) put a nice fine point on how much worse the show has become.
I still enjoyed the stuff about Richard's wedding, though. What it Tim on? I'll be listening to Tuesday's show tomorrow. I hope Psyche is awesome live, because his vocals, instrumentation, and production are loving amazing. I sing and play guitar and make music, and I know how insanely hard it is to sing like that, especially with hose dense vocals a la Queen. Amazing production, Little Mikey sounds like a terrible hack by comparison.

Also, I am SO loving SICK of little Mikey always rhyming oo with goo. Thing of something new, goddammit.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I agree that the show is really lacking these days (when it's even on) but I can tell it's still relevant.
How?
By the way any celeb comes into the studio and gets the Howard Stern Interview Treatment™, even with the rear end in a top hat-licking and the, "Did you ever do her with a strap-on" stuff, he still gets stuff that gets scooped up and shotgunned all over the mass-market media. And people eat it up. Someone else with a better memory can come in here and post more examples, but I can throw out a few: Lady Gaga is the one I think of most recently. Jesse James and that Bombshell MacGee chick. Crystal what's-her-name talking about Hugh Hefner (which prompted not just a lot of media attention but Hef actually releasing a public rebuttal. Reaching back, I remember the Billy Joel interview as a highlight. David Arquette's many appearances and call-ins which drew much attention, and I am sure there are many others but they aren't coming to mind right now.

People who wan to diss Howard always scoff that he's disappeared since leaving terrestrial radio. The fact that they are still talking about him and lifting material from his show belies that premise.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Not trying to defend the content of the actual show, merely talking about the word "relevant" and what I think it means? Is the show mostly terrible? I might have said, "I don't think so," but that interminable rant to Robin about getting organized was maybe the stupidest thing I've ever sat through without giving up. Luckily I was working so it was mostly background noise.

But my loving God that was incredibly loving stupid.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Has there ever been a man whose hair didn't go all grey in his 50's? Because I read the foregone conclusions (can't tell if it's just a meme or in-joke) that no man of Howard's age can have dark hair? He says he has some grey.

I'm lucky that I am about to turn 40 and I have some silver hairs, but you wouldn't notice unless you looked closely. Otherwise, I look like I still have the same brown hair I had in my teens.

It's not that I think I know that some people don't dye at his age, it's more that on my Mom's side, her younger brothers were totally grey at my age (actually, 10-15 years younger than I am now!) but more that the posts keep saying that it's simply impossible for an older guy to have dark hair.

I think my Mom's Dad never went grey (he died of cancer in his 50's), but one of her bros went full silver in his 30's, and the older one is still salt&pepper in his 60's.
On my Dad's side, thinning hair is prevalent. I'm looking at my hair and it's still very thick, no thinning anywhere, and the silver hairs are there but only noticeable if you get up close. They certainly don't show up in pictures. In pictures, I have a full, thick head of brown hair.

Is there any allegations from anyone outside of internet forums that Howard's hair is dyed?

I only ask because, of all the things to disparage him for (and wow there are so many) is his natural hair color that controversial?

Not a serious question, really. I don't care, I just can't tell who's being silly and who's accusing him of rampant hypocrisy over his dark hair.

Ok that is a lot of words, but of all the things to call Stern out on, is this one really worth it?

Dumb post, sorry.

Loved the Newleyweird game. Count me on the side that "Robin can't admit she is wrong" equals "Robin is an expert on everything."

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 17, 2011

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

Beavis gave a couple of references to Charred Walls of the Damned. I can't imagine what Richard is doing right now.

I am so happy just thinking about how out of his mind Richard must be over this.
"Good job, bud."

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

That's funny because Riley Martin randomly calls me drunk off his rear end at 3:00 AM

His face looks that 4chan rape face meme

I seriously do not even recognize Benjy in that picture. Not even remotely.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It can't be healthy, putting foreign objects in your ear canals like that. Can it? I mean, what is this?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Joe Don Baker posted:

Awesome. Stern was just in a Superbowl ad for AGT.

It was great, but wow was his smile at the end really... weird.

Clicky.

Guess it was more of a grimace.

You can tell NBC is in fact positioning Howard to be the critical judge.

edit to add
They have Howard turning a fire hose on a little Shirley Temple girl in a pink dress. Not very subtle.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 6, 2012

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Joe Don Baker posted:

Is this the first time 'the public' has been told that he's on the show now?
It was huge news on the entertainment sites last month and caused a huge turmoil of controversy back then. I doubt this will help people to like him, but it will sure as poo poo drive up the ratings.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
A) Rogaine barely does anything, and Howard does not have male pattern baldness, nor anything like a bald spot.
B) I have greying hair, but you can't see it from a distance. You have to be up close to see that I have lots and lots of individual platinum-white strands mixed into my normal brown colored hair. Howard has the same thing in his normal black hair. There is zero reason to believe he uses any hair dye and plenty or reason to believe he doesn't. Black hair dye makes your whole wig super black, and just for men makes it uniform as well.

You people who think Howard wears a wig or dyes his hair are just plain wrong. You can tell for sure just by watching AGT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

I was almost late for a job interview because I was listening to people screaming over the definition of a "proper pushup". :allears:
YOU BETTER PAY OFF!!!

(WOAAAHHHH!!!)