Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I'm glad to see how many people were annoyed by the ripping on Richard today, I know that ball-busting is a cornerstone of the show but come on. If you should stop doing something that you enjoy simply because it's not lucrative then Howard should stop it with this chess. Feh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

musclecoder posted:

Wow, well they finally moved to a Flash player, but good god does it suck. What an absolutely horrible interface.
I've been using the Sirius player for Yahoo widgets and while it ain't perfect, it's a lot better than the online Sirius one. It allows you to store presets and mute it and everything.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I know we've complained about it a million times so it's stupid and redundant, BUT: it will always piss me off that they do a "Best of the Week" on Fridays during their weeks off. Just play another old show. Any of them at all, even if they're not considered notable. Anything. If I've been listening all week, why would I want to hear this poo poo again? Feh.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I sent Richard a link to the "Massive Man" video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8MqAmPA_GA) and it made him laugh :unsmith:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey Eli, thank you so much for that video, I've never seen it and I'm laughing my rear end off! I'll send that to Howard and the guys too! Who the hell is that guy? He's funny as hell! Thanks for the video and take care Eli!

Richard Christy
-----------------------------------------------------------

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Smeep posted:

Are they replaying Evil Dave at least? Because I missed it the first time.
I missed it too, but it seems like they only play the shittiest segments on the Best of the Week. Lame.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Indolent Bastard posted:

So is there a simple method for getting the podcast for those of us who used to "Save Link As" on the old site?

If you get DownloadHelper for Firefox, when you click on a show to stream it then you can download the MP3 as well. It's a pretty nice plugin for saving streaming media.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

porkfriedrice posted:

Mike Bocchetti has been officially hired by Directv. Guy really knows how to roll with the punches. Good choice on their part.

I love anything they do with Bocchetti, because he gives Artie his wheezing laughs, and because he looks and sounds like a human bowl of pudding. Also because of "Well-Fed McMahon."

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

-Atom- posted:

Oh man, the wrap up show was amazing.

So many people piled on Robin and High Pitch Mike was railing into Howard pretty good.
Agreed -- Howard and Robin have been acting like assholes and I loved Jason saying that Robin has lots of opinions about people with loved ones but "maybe she should find a loved one" before she judges them. drat.

A lot of "taking care of your family" isn't literally about protecting them from flying debris, it's about making them feel safe with your presence and showing them that they are the most important thing in your life. Duh. The married guys probably prefer getting poo poo from Howard rather than having their wives angry and disappointed with them for a looooong time.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Robin has made a career out of voicing opinions about stuff that she knows nothing about. Once she became super wealthy and out of touch it became more condescending. Richard knows nothing about what she's going through, so he was just giving her a taste of her own medicine. I feel for her and wish her no actual ill will, but I'm delighted whenever she is confronted, especially since her only response is to fly off the handle and start yelling.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Joe Don Baker posted:

Yeah that was insane. The Black Keys are apparently huge fans and asked to go on the show but Howard (and Gary) turned them down. He said it was because he didn't know anything about them and he figured the audience wouldn't find anything interesting about them.

That's loving dumb. He has people on all the time to promote books and movies he knows nothing about. The Black Keys are crazy popular. Of course the audience will like the interview. It's not like anyone really gives a poo poo about what Sandra is up to.

Really? Jeez. That would be a step up from hearing Maroon 5 and Train all the time.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
When Howard leaves the live show, I'd think they'd still have the Howard channels on Sirius, re-running old material like syndication for TV. If they still had new shows I know that I'd listen to a Sal and Richard show about any sort of silly poo poo they'd come up with, if it was on there or if it was their own channel/podcast/etc. Granted, their popularity would still be because of Howard, but those guys are funny in their own right.

In terms of raw skill and talent (not counting Howard's broadcasting skills, which are untouchable obviously) I think Richard has everyone on the staff beat by a mile -- he is a goddamn virtuoso drummer. I remember when he played for them and they were blown away and Ralph called in to say how useless that talent was. Berry-faced douchebag

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I didn't see it mentioned in here yet, or anywhere else, but I know there's lots of Norm fans in here. Anyone seen his new video podcast thing? He had Super Dave on. I haven't seen it all yet but I like pretty much anything he does. Norm's gained a few.
http://youtu.be/E5eIJ5Ev_u4?t=1s

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

haljordan posted:

Yeah it really sucks how completely underutilized all those old Stern tapes are. Remember the fight he had to go through to get them? You'd think they could devote 99% of Channel 101 to running an endless variety of bits.
Agreed, there always seems to be a loving commercial or news bit on too when I tune in. Couldn't they keep the ads on 100 and play a huge playlist of various things on 101? Also, I've liked lot of specials in the past but this TV one is painful.

Okay, enough complaining. The "Is Artie High" debate never ends, listen to him on this podcast (about 8 minutes in). Whaddaya think?

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/1/6/2/162...78db38ccbc224f7

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
He's such a goddamn monster on the kit. One of Howard's main gripes was that since CWOTD isn't going to make a billions dollars and be the biggest band in the world, why even try or record an album at all? He was pretty impressed with Richard's skill though. I usually get Ralph's whole trolling persona but I actually got pissed when he was busting on Richard's drumming. The guy picks out clothes for a living for gently caress's sake.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Yeah, it's Adrienne Curry. I guess she has a bit of nerd cred after talking about that on the show.

I still listen, must be a sucker for punishment. The Comicon stuff was actually pretty cool though. They talked to Jim Lee, Joe Quesada, Scott Snyder, Brian Michael Bendis, Todd MacFarlane, and a bunch of other comic book/TV people.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Eric the Actor has reportedly passed away, for real this time: https://twitter.com/JOHNNYFRATTO/status/513779210997886976/photo/1

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Welp, I struck gold. The beauty of HowardTV dying is now these guys are popping back up because nobody is CDMAing them into the ground.

US Open Sores full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WmIlY0dbE

Glam rock Howard, mullet Ronnie, Grace Jones-inspired Robin, hacky Jackie, Fred's Kurt Waldheim Jr. character in full Nazi regalia, Scott the Engineer in a bad toupee, the works. Quintessential Stern Show.

Also in that channel is the entirety of the Channel 9 Show, the Negligee and Underpants Party, and the complete video of the Cleveland Funeral. There's a lot of rarely seen video there - definitely worth a watch.

Thanks for sharing. I love this. Gary's shirt, Robin's gargantuan earrings, everyone's gargantuan hair, it's all a delight.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I never liked Dominic but I always, always would laugh when Howard would say "Dominic Barbara is on the phone" and Fred would do the "gggggllgglglgglgglglh" imitation of Dominic in the background. Kind of like why I love Scott the Engineer and Grillo segments, it's all about their over-the-top impressions of them.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Richard could lose half of his chops and still be an amazing drummer. He's been playing for most of his life so I think it just takes him a couple of weeks to brush up to be tight for shows and recording. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSm_dp1Wt8

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I just reupped for six months for $30 and I'm already regretting it. They must use a special algorithm that replays the same twenty minutes of show every single time I'm in the car. I listen to todd packer youtube packages as much as I do to 100/101.

No poo poo. Seems to happen to me all the time too. I had to keep changing the channel because they played the Yoko screaming thing over and over again....it must have been one of the "best clips" of the week.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Yeah, you'll do it. When you get heah, you'll do it.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Squashy Nipples posted:

Fred used to be brutal with playing Jackie laughs whenever Robin would read something horrible, like children burning to death.

Aside from Billy West, that was probably my favorite Stern show moment. "Today a 4-year-old was found beaten to death" HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEH

I'd die laughing every time.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

I love this one the best, even though it's just Billy imitating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1GUuXOOHzI

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

kylej posted:

KC looks healthier here than he has in years. I'm amazed he's been able to stick with that Women's Radio job. Hopefully he finally kicked the bottle.

Yeah, good for him. I like to see redemption stories. I always thought he was funny as hell, without the bite of Stuttering John's humor -- just dumb, jocky stuff.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Howard's never cried on air, but he sure was close when Bianca died. Anybody aware of any other times he was choked up a bit?

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

prefect posted:

Bud I god no blace do go!

I love the Grillo impression because almost anyone can do it. I don't know why it's so easy but it is, you just have to talk like you have a cold or zomethingg.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I live in the Midwest and I think ranch with pizza is going a bit overboard, but c'mon -- Papa John's is national and as far as I'm aware they give you a little tub of ranch with every pizza. The "bubble world" stuff annoys me too, but what are ya gonna do. They can make fun of Richard all they want but his spirit is unflappable and they always come off as elitist and out-of-touch.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Former Human posted:

Keep in mind the women in Richard's story weren't dipping their pizza crust in dressing, they were pouring ranch onto pizza slices like normal people do on salad.

They give you a little thing of garlic butter, not ranch dressing.

You're right. I haven't gotten anything from them in an age so it's not like I remember correctly.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Never think I saw this one of Richard and JD at the horror convention. The first segment alone with Billy West is really interesting, the rest is just funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmPMdDSL8g

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I've been listening to Howard's first year at Sirius when I'm at the gym (nbd), there's one from March or so where a caller corrects Howard and says that Tesla invented the radio, not Marconi. Robin was non-ironically like "Tesla???? Who's that?" Fred had to educate her. I mean christ, I thought everyone had at least heard of a Tesla coil....

I find myself getting irrationally angry at his amazement that Jack Bruce played chords ON THE BASS and how he constantly brings it up. I mean, I like Cream and Jack Bruce and all but it's not THAT hard.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmr7Gz-LjJI

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

No that would be an Artie "bit"

Top 5 Artie Bits

1-High Pitch Mike at Disney
2-Artie 1 vs 1 with a female basketball player
3- Gary first pitch
4-Artie as Ed Torrian
5-Artie weight loss contest

Him dying at the Mike Walker fart was classic. I just watched it like a billion times last week.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I forgot that KC worked for Johnny Fratto. He's as annoying as ever in this clip, and KC is as crazy as ever -- it's funny to once again hear the crew be idiots about technology compared to the ostensibly moronic KC. He talks about building a computer and they're all like "why build something when it's already made?" :rolleyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSWDwYXyLz8

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

I get that but at the same point there's a lot of people I know who build their own rigs and pay someone $25 to change the oil in their car. Like go spend $50 on some blocks and a wrench and take 10 minutes on youtube then proceed to save a ton of money over the course of your life. Neither thing is difficult but you have to get people over that initial fear that they'll break something in catastrophic fashion before they'll attempt it and for a lot of people they'd rather pay more and not be stressed over it.

Also really, build your own rigs and change your own oil. Both are nearly idiot-proof these days and you'll feel great knowing you can do either.

I've been meaning to do that for years, I should start.

I just meant that Howard tried to trick KC by quizzing him about RAM, and he starts to describe it correctly and they still dismiss him. Oh well. It is the HSS after all

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

cumshitter posted:

Lol you can see where Artie pinched the shirt to save the coke he dropped on his big fat belly.

I would expect nothing less from a pro.

I think it's heroin, Artie said he was doing heroin at Howard's wedding. Not that it matters much either way.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does HPM still work for the stern show?

Nope. HPM and Artie reconciled before Art left the show too. After Mike came out Artie felt bad about all the vicious anti-gay slurs he threw at him, as well he should...but it's okay to call him a human being if he wasn't actually gay? Hrm, I dunno. I love Art but obviously he's prone to outbursts.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ribsauce posted:

I can see why he married her. She seemed really nice. I remember seeing the Richard Christy makeover video when it happened and she seemed like an awesome girl in it. I can only find one part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqo-_Fl9NM4

The entire video made her seem awesome. Of course things change hah

PS

It is great how they take an actual legitimate rock star* and make him dress up like one and he clearly is not comfortable with it.

*as much as you can be in death metal, which I guess is not much

Beth is interesting in that she looks pretty odd in posed photos, but in video she's really hot and cute. I have female friends like that who take lovely photos, but in person you just want to spray cum all over them.

Last quote is because I'm watching lots of Norm....I wish he'd do his podcast again. le sigh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWGAm55gApk

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Advice posted:

Well it just goes to show you the hypocrisy behind "dressing like a rockstar". I'm going to assume the proprietor of the store and Beth both combined have less musical talent than Richard has in his vomit, but they're both apparently experts on dressing like a rockstar. Richard meanwhile wears ill-fitting jeans and a t-shirt and absolutely demolishes drums. I know metal isn't the same as rock, but at this point it's more of a hipster-ish movement than anything related to music.

To this day, I want to murder Ralph for calling in and mocking Richard's drumming when they had him in studio to demonstrate his skills. The dumb loving fruit buys shirts for a living.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, this happened?! gently caress, this and his reaction to his roast just makes him appallingly horrible.

Aye -- I'm trying to find it to no avail. I think this one is the closest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv9f-ajLQMc

Richard Christy -- aside from the fact that we all love him, the man is insanely talented. In terms of metal drumming he is up there with Gene Hoglan and Dave Lombardo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

Gary is 300% more authentically italian than Artie "German-Last-Name" Lange and if the Sopranos had never existed, no one under the age of 78 would say 'gabagool' or 'mootzarell' or 'gravy'.

Especially not the ones who's parents and grandparents on both sides are American-born english speakers (Artie Lange)

Even Grandma Caprio, she-a speak-a da English

I love-a my big meatball Artie, he need-a to get backa with Dana