Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Nice OP, and Happy New Years to all.

Last thread someone mentioned that googling Howard Stern doesn't put his website first and therefore Howard is not the King of All Media.

I immediatley thought that is not Howard's problem, that is Google's problem. I didn't want to post to be my usual bitch self, but today I came across a pair of articles discussing the problems of Google.

I just thought I would share that this is a known problem with Google.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2011/jan/04/google-spam
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/content_farms_impact.php

If you search for Howard on Bing, his site is the first link. Same with blekko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Welcome to my world as an SEO and trying to explain to clients as to why their SERP rankings have dropped! Don't Be Evil, my rear end.

Doesn't this make you the cause of the problem?

:)

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Moniker posted:

other sites would actually want to post links to his site. The more sites linking in, the higher your page rank is.

This is the Google problem. When you search for Howard Stern, why would anything but howardstern.com come first?

This algorithm of linking to content is causing the problem.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Kelly posted:

Interestingly, none of the sites that come ahead of him on Google are link farms - it's Wikipedia and an article about him on mtv.com.

I know a bit about SEO, but barely enough to be intelligible - wouldn't some fine tuning on their part increase their ranking? Google's got specific algorithms for how they figure out rankings, right?

Wikipedia would be considered a content farm.

Gaming the google system to get your web site higher defeats the purpose of a search engine. Google is not that good anymore. You just did your own test search. Do the same thing on the other search engines.

Wooty fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 7, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Smeep posted:

Who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress.

We need sound board capability

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Two awful tech derails in one day.

The word "fag" was used in one of them so there was only one awful tech derail.
Welcome to my page, I like to call it Page 9.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

therapy posted:

Well, the monitor in the picture isn't a touch screen monitor, so unless it's mirroring another monitor somewhere else that IS touch screen, I'd say they're using the mouse.

It's a functional thing but not exactly pretty. It does make stuff easy to find. "Gary Preview page 1 in red" or "JD page 4 in green" or whatever would be easy to find with the combination of drop-downs and large, easily-read buttons.

My guess is that they're so big because everyone on the show is over 50 and has problems reading up close.

They need to learn to name things by purpose or function, not creator.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Skitz posted:

On the technology tip, here is a quote from the howardstern.com rundown of Monday's show:

Uhhh, right. Here, buddy, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=palin+target+map . So apparently whoever is writing the rundowns is a bit of a dunce as well.

I don't understand what you are saying here.
The map was removed from her website.

Wooty fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 11, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Skitz posted:

Meh, whateva. It could be read a couple different ways, but rather than quibble over semantics, I'll just concede that I probably am reading too much into it and blame it on the writer for not phrasing it more effectively. Who cares.

EDIT: LOL

Wooty fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 11, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

I don't watch those ridiculous shows, but she seemed sane and reasonable, despite revealing a few things about her ex-husband that she probably shouldn't have.

She is insane. (for the normal rich ladies these shows have)

The entire major drama of the series is that she thinks one of the wives said "why would anyone want you without Kelsey?"

Of course fight after fight occur and you find out that Kelsey doesn't want her.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

The show is called "HOUSEWIVES." Why the gently caress would anyone want any of them without their respective husbands? It's loving bewildering that these women believe they accomplished something by spreading their legs. That's why I don't watch these shows.

:)

I am like Howard on this one, any show where people are screaming at each other is great.

One thing about this one, most of them don't seem to live in Beverly Hills and at least 1 of them is not married.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
I am surprised Howard has not found Basketball wives where there most insane women act like they are in high school. I think this one is heavily scripted.

The other great one is Bad Girls club. This show is just women screaming at each other and you can barely figure out why. I gave up on this one, gave me a headache.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Former Human posted:

Yes that sure is a "no-brainer"...

I think more than a few people in this thread are habitually smoking crack while listening to the show.

Someone is turning against the thread!

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Reading John Hein's tweets makes me really dislike him.

What a weird motherfucker.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Is Howard going back on Piers Morgan's show? I missed the first time he was on but Piers says he is on Twitter

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Kelly posted:

Her wig will be born of homeless children kidnapped to be sacrificed for their hair.

But she will adopt and rename all the children and have them live in a house she forgot she purchased.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Kelly posted:

Five if you count Usher and Slash!

One of those is a mulatto

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Is it sad that my only investment in the Superbowl is the Steelers losing so John Hein can be disappointed?

Me Too. Sport nuts, especially NFL nuts are awful human beings.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Streebs posted:

I was waiting for Howard to post something on twitter about fergie's rear end in a top hat and was very disappointed.

Yankee fans are the worst of them.

Edit: Removed smiley, I mean it.

Wooty fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 7, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

Gary's . . . is probably just terrible to be around when a game is actually on.

Because you have to sit on a bar stool.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
GovernaleSal Sal Governale
Hein just puked up his Wendys. Hahahaha

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

Unfortunately 3 children will be brutally beaten and raped because of this Steeler's loss. :(

To prevent this they should put Rothlesberger in one of those electric jackets and have the police follow him.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

When the Jets played the Steelers and lost, Gary said the weirdest thing about how 'it wasn't uncomfortable' coming in the following day to congratulate John Hein.

John Hein or Gary do not play professional sports. Why would either congratulate the other on anything? Because they buy tickets and clothing with a teams logo on it? I'm a fan of MMA but even I don't take it that far.

Jon Hein
"Congrats to the Pack. They deserved the win. Can't turn the ball over like that and win this game. Now I will go burn my clothes."

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Hahaha gently caress you John Hein
I am amazed that he thinks he should comment or make any statement at all

But then I guess we are waiting for him to do so... :)

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Ribsauce posted:

I was gonna post this. His super bowl tweets were killing me

If you look at the timeline, JD actually made this joke just before Howard did. JD's twitter is great.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
How do people not realize that wigger is a racist term.

If you are a fan of a team that I don't like, your team has the worst fans.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Kelly posted:

I was JUST listening to that on the Wrap Up Show and had the same thought.

Saying wigger is the same as saying the n word

Quick, attack on twitter!

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Chimneyfish posted:

Sal is the worst type of person when it comes to sports; the guy who never watches them or has a favorite team, yet always talks tons of poo poo whenever somebody else's team loses. The guy who never makes any kind of prediction about the outcome of any event but loves to gloat whenever somebody else loses a bet, as if he had picked the game correctly. I realize that Sal busts balls for a living, but there's really a person like this at every workplace.

They are picking on My Favorite worst type of person, the sports nut.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
People think that being a fan of a sport is a skill and that having ESPN has made them better at it then others.

I love the TVIV thread about The SportsDome. The sports fan is laughing at the ESPN parody while the non-sports fan is laughing at the sports fan who watches ESPN.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

I was hoping the headline said Bloated instead of Noted.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

TheLakers posted:

I really admire this guy's work ethic. How the gently caress do you troll so consistently on such a wide rang of topics? From pissing off spurs fans to calling jailbreakers unethical, you're a piece of work.

How many times a day does he take a dump?

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

DangerDummy! posted:

Christ, I know crab-assing about Howard and imbuing some phantom ulterior motive into his every move is considered high sport in this thread, but have you contributed a single comment that isn't completely bitchy? Maybe the show just isn't your cup of tea anymore, man.

Someone is counting how many dumps they take...

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

chiz posted:

same people who give a poo poo about Jessica Hahn, nobody.

I liked both of them.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Howard was very good on The Daily Show. I know John Stewart is kind of smallish but holy crap, Howard is huge. His hands looked like mitts.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
There was a small error yesterday that caught my attention. During the Charlie Sheen interview, he mentioned that he won "best picture" without even trying. Howard mentioned Wall Street.

Platoon won best picture.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Can you cum dressed like that?

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Kelly posted:

Ronnie is mega-creepy. He looks good for an old dude, but he's way too old to be carrying on the way he does.

Kelly Loves Mambo...

@rmlimodriver69

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Ronnie may have left his wife for younger ladies.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Anything else Robin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Niggerless Cage!

I saw that when she posted it :) So random and innocent but so funny.