Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I don't even know why I keep visiting this thread.

I hate the excuse of, "I'm a fan of the show, but I can still criticize the things I don't like." -- which, by the way, seems to be A) huge parts of the show or B) Nit picky poo poo. But you don't criticize the show -- you show personal dislikes for cast members of the shows, calling them phonies, fakes, out of touch -- I mean real kind of visceral hate-filled stuff. "Artie loving sucks, it's a shame he didn't die" and "Howard is an old decrepit shithead who can't enjoy life, and he's out of touch, wishes he was a rock star, hates Beth" or whatever. I mean... seriously. Hamptons Howie? :lol:

Howard is happy with his life. Doing poo poo he doesn't like makes him miserable -- just like us. Luckily, he doesn't have to do poo poo that makes him any more miserable than us folks when poo poo doesn't go our way. Yeah, he may be neurotic, but so what? If you find his neuroses to be annoying, then you fundamentally shouldn't really listen to the show.

The show is not bad. The show is not as great as it once was. Artie missing from the show, really is what the big downer of the show is. Artie really made the show the best it was in the past decade since he's been there. Jackie times were OK, but not as good as the Artie days. Artie and Howard were way better than Howard and Jackie ever were.

If Artie came back, the show would be kick rear end again, but right now, it's just kinda lost the appeal it once had.

You guys got the hater blinders on hard. I see the show for what it is... a comedy show, meant to make me laugh, and if it doesn't, I don't listen as much as I did (daily, full-runs) when I was able to back in the 90s and early 00s. I probably listen to 3 to 5 hours of Stern a week now just because I'm so busy and don't have a job that allows me to sit around all day, and when I'm home from work I have other poo poo to do than sit listening to his show, but, you guys take it WAY too personal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Anyone need a Starmate 4 for Sirius?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

I'm late too, I just heard that. Man, what do you do with a kid like that? Tom is like universally loved and he has this horrible, shameful child. Well, not child, grown adult offspring trying to pull this poo poo.

Ski Pole in your Pee Hole? Holy poo poo.

Like most other rappers are better with their lyrics?

I mean, yeah, the guy is a dipshit but pretty much every rapper on earth says retarded poo poo just to fit in a rhyme when possible.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

therapy posted:

I'm guessing you're no fan of hip hop?

Love hip-hop. Aesop Rock, Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang Clan, Mac Lethal, all sorts of poo poo. I just know some rappers will say stupid poo poo in order to make a rhyme fit. :P

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Just read a few pages of how Howard is using Twitter to try and reclaim the spotlight because he's totally irrelevant now. :lol:

You guys complain / think about the stupidest poo poo. Howard is tweeting because he likes it, it's interesting. It's the first new technology he's really gotten a hold of and actually used. Remember the first time you got on Myspace or Facebook and went apeshit? That's what he's doing.

Jesus. The over-analysis of Stern and his motives is funny. Keep it up!

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

-Atom- posted:

What do you do for a living?

teacher.

When will the show be live again, next Tuesday?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting a lifetime subscription back in the day. Does anyone think it's still worth it? It's around $800 which is much cheaper than what I'm paying per year for my current package.

How do you pay 800$ a year for Sirius?

drat.

At any rate, lifetime subs are only good for the "life" of the radio.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I have a bill with Sirius for 3.20. I tried to pay it, but it won't take a payment lower than 5.00. So I tried 5.00 and it won't let you pay for more than your current amount due.

gently caress you Sirius.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Manwithastick posted:

Forgive me for asking but have we had any ETM news since that suicide post (if it was legit)?

Someone posing at ETM is supposed to make an announcement tonight at 6PM PST on SFN.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Sizzlechest posted:

Notice that her face isn't shown.

Beth has a great face. Are you one of those ":lol: horse face" guys? As the Stern show is apt to ask, "Where's your wife?"

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Married... With Children was a great show. With Kinison it would have been horrible. Glad they didn't sign up for that one.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

I really hate Artie, but I'd be willing to let him stay if he did that character all the time. It was one of the few genuinely funny things he ever did.

I don't get how anyone can hate Artie. He made the show sooooo much better. :(

Smeep posted:

I love the Fight Week stuff on 101, but what's annoying me is Howard's voice is exactly as we know it now, but everyone else's is really, really low. Which makes me wonder if Howard is such a baby and so vain about the sound of his voice that he took everyone's voice down just so he'd sound good.

Yeah, he totally did that.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

*does not attend the funeral of Gary's father because "Beth stubbed her toe"*
*attends funeral of Natasha Richardson, a celeb he barely knew*
*is Howard Stern*

Seriously, this isn't him being a comedian, he's just a lovely human being. If he can't schmooze and star gently caress these days, he isn't interested.

:lol: @ you.

How do you know how well Stern knows someone? I understand thinking he's shallow or obnoxious or has dumb reasons, but your judgment of Stern is pretty ludicrous.

Howard's been doing what he's been doing for 30 years now dude. It's about time he's had some success and can schmooze with the stars. Why do you give a poo poo?

Sounds like you're an angry person and just dump on poo poo because you hate your life.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

TheLakers posted:

I really admire this guy's work ethic. How the gently caress do you troll so consistently on such a wide rang of topics? From pissing off spurs fans to calling jailbreakers unethical, you're a piece of work.

Ever consider that I'm not trolling? I just think it's ridiculous that some internet dummy thinks he knows the ins and outs of Howard Stern's psyche and knows all his most intimate fears and can psychoanalyze him on the internet. It's silly.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I loving love Charlie Sheen.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Howard, holy gently caress is he out of it.

hunter x az fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 8, 2011

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Whatever happened to Spiceboy after his heart attack?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Kelly posted:

I like Kathy Griffin (I am going to see her in AC in a couple weeks) but I don't always like her on the show. It's always the same interview. I saw her right after the Artie and Teddy fight - and if you remember she was in studio that day right after it happened. She stopped the "act" part of the night and gave a rundown about what happened from the insider's point of view, it was actually pretty interesting.

Kathy Griffin is an uninteresting boorish woman. There is nothing funny about her, "act" or not. :(

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I haven't heard any of the pet lady stuff. Can someone link me the saga from start to finish on Youtube? :)

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

chiz posted:

here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pet+lady+on+howard+stern&aq=f

It actually makes me want to listen to it too.

ROOOBIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

TOPLESS

I giggle like a retard whenever I hear that Ronnie soundbyte, gently caress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-8XNiTpsZs

Good version. Thanks!

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Lady gaga is loving stupid. That is all.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

This picture is great. Gary thinks he's stud and tries to dess better ever since the move to Sirius except he's still a fat dumbfuck with manboobs and a giant gut.

Lol, you're a loving retard. Giant gut and manboobs?

Talk about nitpicking...

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Millstone posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7DhnwqerBM

This is uncut footage of the Benjy Bronk Press Conference on the street. This was filmed by the smartphone guy that you see behind the "break your legs" guy going "what did he just say to you?!". In fact, you can see that footage and an unedited shot of the guy at 14:15.

There's also Lisa G being completely cunty at 11:47 and beyond, like she's from some reputable news corporation.

"Howard Stern Writer Benjy B..."
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

HOME BOX OFFICE, INC.
HOME BOX OFFICE, INC.
HOME BOX OFFICE, INC.

:(

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Good to hear Artie again. Missed him. Easily one of the best parts of the Stern Show in the last 15 years.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Beth is so hot. drat.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Is anyone else completely uninterested in lady gaga? In fact, I DIDN'T listen to the show because she was on it today... It's probably good for the Stern show in terms of exposing a completely new audience to his show, but whatever.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Chinook posted:

God, I miss when this show was good...

It still is. Don't like it; don't listen.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I'd check it out. Shrug.

Also, Beth is hot.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
drat, Robin got big. She's also had that kind of thin face / thin neck / fat body thing though. We don't really see her full body so it's easy to see her face and assume since it's thin, the rest must follow suit.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I think his teeth look great. What the gently caress are you idiots talking about? Does your hate for the show (why do you listen, again? You're not fans.) extend to him personally?

Petty.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

sedative posted:

I'm with you, hunter x az. It's absurd that you people are goofing on Howard Stern's big, fake, ultra-white teeth. Howard would never make fun of anyone's fake teeth.

Shame on you!

I get it when there is something to make fun of.

Like, Bababooey's teeth and gums, licking his teeth, Sal's creepy rear end habits, being a perv and misogynist, Richard and his love of Halloween and his back-country childhood, but when you guys bag on Beth for being ugly (uh, what? Objectively speaking, she's pretty hot.) and Howard's teeth, which look way better than they did, etc. It's just weird... to poke fun at Howard for fixing his horrendous teeth, is just assholish to me. I dunno.

Yeah, his new teeth are loving ridiculous, man.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Man, is that really Artie?

Howard looks excellent for his age. He's such a pimp. Beth is a hottie too.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Cliche Guevara posted:

Reminder: as little as he works now, as much money as he has, as much as he's accomplished...

He is miserable. I take comfort in that. Why do you think he gave up karate, chess, painting and, soon to be, photography? It's because he's only good at radio. As much as there is competition out there - whether it be conservative radio (O'Reilly, Rush, Hannity) or Howard-clones (O&A, Bubba, Imus), he's still the best at it. Even if his loving show sucks now.

Of course, due to all of the above, I wait for the day to tune in again when his wife leaves him, he loses his pets and house, and his subscribers dash out in droves.

I like it when he's angry. Call me crazy. :v:

Howard is a pretty happy guy. Not sure how you feel like you're qualified to psychoanalyze him, but Stern has some of the best fans, and the worst, and you belong in the worst, so why not go post over at SFN about how terrible Stern is, but it's the best that's out there at the moment, and while he's not as good as when he was at his peak, you'll still listen?

loving dipshit.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Vakal posted:

Howard will never willingly have another kid.

Because he know if he does it will either be a girl, and he already has three of those, or a boy, in which case he knows he will just resent it
because it will grow up having everything he never got - money, good looks (compared to Howard), a sane mother and a private school free of blacks and jew haters.

Howard is actually a pretty good looking fellow, especially considering his age.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Cliche Guevara posted:

This poster was basically me three years ago, as a listener to the show. Christ, I actually got memories.

You do realize there's a 100:1 chance someone's gonna agree with your posts here, or SFN, right? I'm just saying. I'm not exactly part of a minority, here...

No... I realize that most folks here aren't fans, they just like to bag on the show, that's how SA is in general, angry internet nerds who complain about poo poo and like counter-culture / ironic / cliche poo poo. I've been a member long enough to realize that.

The good thing is though, while they think the show sucks and don't enjoy it, I can still listen when I have time and enjoy it. So while people can be negative and lovely all they want, I don't sweat the small stuff. If I didn't like the show, I wouldn't listen. Instead of listening and complaining that it's utter poo poo "compared to what it used to be."

Stern is cyclical. When Jackie left, people said it was "horrible", when Billy West left, same deal w/ Jon, it was "horrible", and now with Artie (that's where my gripes are, the show hasn't been the same w/o Artie, he made it so much better) being gone, the show is just "total poo poo." If one thing about the show remains though, it has ups and downs, but it's always listenable, that's why the stupid shits here keep turning it on and subscribing or downloading.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I don't get why people willingly subject themselves to poo poo they don't like. Stop listening if it's so terrible. Your complaints are invalid.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

I don't listen to the show anymore but I think you should take your own advice and go make a thread for all the true fans of the Howard Stern show. You obviously hate everybody in this one.

I don't care enough to make the effort. It's not a huge deal, more of an annoyance.

hunter x az fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 26, 2011

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Artie "dying" on the show? You guys are drama queens. There was nothing ever overt while listening to the show. The visual was bad on HowardTV but that's more from Artie just being a lovely pig who doesn't take care of himself. He didn't have the typical heroin junkie look. He's just a loving slob.

prefect posted:

I agree with you, except that it is properly known as the Jackie Chair. :colbert:

It was the Jackie chair, but then it became the Artie chair after Artie filled it, just as good as, if not better than Jackie.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

You're right, Artie's trouble with a crippling addiction was never discussed dozens and dozens of times in this thread.

I'm not sure what you mean? I know it's been discussed in this thread, but that was after the cat was let out of the bag. Nobody ever posted "Man, sure does sound like Artie is waging a private battle of heroin addiction" before 2006 or whenever it was when he came out. He was just a fat lazy slob with a lovely attitude and bad anger problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

That's because you're a big stupid

Uh ok. Keep posting lovely comments. Wait, nevermind, do us all a favor; stop posting.