Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I wish back seat mods would make like Artie and stab themselves.

I'm not backseat modding, he's just a lovely terrible poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

sedative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BbekNJWXFQ&hd=1

What an angel :angel:

Haha, man, I just tried editing some movies I shot with my GoPro Hero 2 camera, and they sucked balls compared to his. That's pretty cool. He has some cool poo poo going on.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

prefect posted:

(My golden age: the Billy West years. My silver age: the post-Billy pre-divorce years, with special points when KC showed up.)

So basically you want a guy getting ready to enjoy his retirement with the love of his life (for now) and who is 55 years old to act like a 30 year old guy in a dysfunctional marriage that isn't working?

Guys... hate to break it, but the show won't ever be the same again. Howard is in a different place, with no battles left to fight. He does what he does now, gets on the show, talks, does an occasional bit, and some interviews. The game show days and crazy bits and stunts are gone.

THOUGH

I think it would be great for Howard to go to Vegas again, or to do another listener-involved contest. It seems like they've gotten into a groove of finding something that they can do without much effort, and they are just riding it out.

I can't blame the guy... he's been working in radio for 30 years and has made a great living out of it and made a lot of regular guys' mornings and helped us get through work. It is what it is.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
That Greg Porter sounds like a real dipshit. Captain Janks strikes again.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
SFN is a shithole.

However, gotta give Howard props, he Photoshops better than my 55 year old dad, that's for sure.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I hope Howard tears into Cain for being a scumbag.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Howard being on AGT makes these horse poo poo competition shows like American Idol and X-Factor and all that bullshit watchable. I can't wait for him to bring some honestly to these shows.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Haven't listened to Stern in a couple years since Artie left, but was listening to TWUS today and heard a segment about JD and Jason fighting... any clips of that on the show? WHat's the background?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
So, you're making fun of his house having too many chimneys? :lol:

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Kt88 posted:

Yes I am. His house has a comical number of chimneys. Whats your point?

Whatever makes you laugh, I suppose. I'm just always surprised to see folks who claim to be "Stern fans" -- when all they do is just complain about him, Beth, his show, etc. "We're mad because he's not like he used to be 30 years ago!", etc.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Word. Understand your opinions on the subject. Great news is, you can solve all of your problems by simply not listening or paying attention to him anymore!

I'm such a problem solver. You're welcome guys. :D

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

chiz posted:

Hunter he clearly doesn't give a gently caress about the product anymore when he spends an hour on DWTS or AGT and doesn't replace anyone in the Artie/Jackie chair. Plus he's suing Sirius, starting that new job, I mean come on. He clearly doesn't give a gently caress about his radio show anymore.

Sure, this may be the case, but the fact still remains -- if you don't like it anymore, because you feel like he doesn't give a gently caress about it, then why do you listen and subject yourself to it?

I think it's mostly because it's the hip thing to do on forums.

porkfriedrice posted:

I think that a lot of the fans are hoping against hope that he will come to his senses and return to his former self, that's why they're sticking around. It's hard when after thirty years he does almost a complete 180. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that he will return to "normal" as long as he's married to Beth. Who knows, this could have been the type of person he was all along, it just took Beth to make him show his true self. I haven't listened to Stern in years, I just like to read the thread to hear about the train wreck that is the show and also Artie stuff. You can't fault people for feeling betrayed.

e:spelling

That's not going to happen. Howard has said himself that he's become more tame as he's aged, and he has already won all his battles to reach the top. Yes, I can fault people for being betrayed... he owes you nothing. He provided (and arguably still does) entertainment for millions upon millions of people for over three decades.

There were three pretty distinct stages of his career. Beginning, middle, and current. In the beginning he was that crazy Stern we all remember, this was in the 80s to early 90s -- all those rabid fights, controversies, etc. Then we had the Stern who really made it big and hit mainstream in the 90s and 00s with movies, tv, bits on the show, etc, and now he's a 55 year old man who is content with what he's done, likes working (or at least likes the routine and framework it provides) and has laid off a lot of the bits and running gags and flame wars.

I think he still likes doing the show but puts energy into it a different way. He's an older guy.

As has been said during his 30+ year career... if you don't like it, turn it off.

It's fine to listen and criticize for bits that are lame, bad interviews, but when your sole purpose of listening is just to over-analyze, scrutinize, and lament at how bad he is now compared to x_period, you're just doing yourself a disservice.

Life is a lot more enjoyable when you're not busy being lovely and negative about something all the time. Drop the negativity and you'll be a lot happier...

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

prefect posted:

That's the kind of thing people used to say about Howard. "He's got so much talent, if only he put it to good use instead of being mean..."

Yeah problem is Howard seems to still be a miserable guy for how much he has and what he's done. If the show isn't driving him any more, what is?

Photography? :lol:

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
So, what should he talk about?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Did you guys hear the Rajee stuff? I don't mind transgender or gay people, but these jokers just sound so clueless...

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Riosan posted:

WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Yeah, okay.

He's Scoresman, dammit.

Exactly

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Caught a bit of the Williams guy today. Man was he unintelligible or what?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

Am I the only one completely surprised that the birthday show will a) be available online and b) will be free?

I'm not. Howard never really has sold stuff on the side to bolster his income. It's just the day and age we are in and I think he's really proud of the event.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Kelly posted:

Other than going to a paid service for his show, you mean.

Well, yeah -- I suppose, but the freedom gained when he first switched and the Artie years have been phenomenal. I can't imagine everything that we would have missed had it not been for satellite radio and HowardTV.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Anyone like Jim Jeffries or Jeff Jeffries I forget his name. Australian comic

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I stopped listening right after Artie left and started again 4 or so months ago. I typically skip the news and any interviews I'm not interested in. I definitely think my time is better spent listening to the hundreds of hours of clip packs on YouTube.

Same situation here

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Great. Wonder what kind of new racist homophobic poo poo he's thought up, or the self-deprecating (but I really mean it)

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
https://www.howardstern.com has the preview for the birthday bash up. Pretty well done

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I still enjoy the show. Got a new job about 10 minutes away as opposed to my old 45-50 minute commute so now my listening will decrease. Not a bad problem though. :)

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

EngineerJoe posted:

Our fat, anal fingered friend is the first person in the Sharknado 2 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWY4-u9Ewdc

I hate Sharknado with a fiery passion - almost as much as Bruce Campbell. lovely movies are not cool. I feel like they're trying to embrace the campiness and terrible CGI/special FX but in the end they're just trying to make money. gently caress'em

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
John Oliver was on today can't wait to hear that

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I always wonder why people listen to the show if they think it's bad.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

haljordan posted:

I haven't listened to a live show in a long time but there's literally thousands and thousands of hours of classic stuff on YouTube that still cracks me up every time I listen to it.

Such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hgl2OUo15Y

Great clip. I'm also of the camp that bad movies and TV shows are stupid to entertain yourself with -- such as any movie with Bruce Campbell in it. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I've always hated Benjy except when he does ridiculous poo poo like getting fingered.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Bumpy Johnson posted:

I'm Scoresman, dammit. And I'm about getting drunk, I'm about having fun, I'm about having a good time, I'm about meetin' girls, I'm about meetin' guys, and whoever doesn't like it can go gently caress themselves, because that's what I'm all about - I'm Scoresman and that's what Scoresman is all about.

Haha love this rant

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I'm glad I still find enjoyment in the show. How can you be jaded, yet still care about the shows quality? Makes me cringe.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

This is literally all you ever post in this thread for 5+ years, you seem to hold nothing but contempt for its posters, but you keep coming back. Do you notice a striking similarity? The difference with you is you contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation whatsoever each time you threadshit and run.

The problem is you never have a defensible response. It's annoying but then again I suppose it's the internet. We all know the show isn't in it's golden age anymore, but Howard and the staff have evolved -- the focus has changed. He's more introspective now about about killer interviews. Not bits and games so much -- at least since the Artie days.

I'd love some new roasts, new Richard and sal bits, but I'm content with the content they put out. It's enjoyable in a different way -- because my expectations are different.

Now: GO!

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Oh I know, I'm just saying what I miss. Even further like dial a date or the wheel of sex or ravaging of staff. He's more chill now I guess is the best way to say it. He's 60 man. It'll end soon though.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I don't even think Abe Kanan is on 101 anymore, I think he has an AM show here in Chicago now.

I don't think are any regularly scheduled more than an hour long shows on 101 any more.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Geekslinger posted:

Abe has been gone for a few months now.

Monday - THE GREG FITZSIMMONS SHOW
Tuesday - JACKIE’S JOKE HUNT
Wednesday - THE DOCTOR HARRY FISCH SHOW
Thursday - RILEY MARTIN SHOW
Friday - THE JAY THOMAS SHOW

Everything else was poo poo canned when Tim left and the new program director took over.

All those shows are terrible. The only good one is Riley but that's only when a caller fucks with him.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Hey, Fitzdog is quality entertainment.

You're right -- he's pretty solid. Must have glanced over it. Could be worse. Could have a bob levy show.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I hate sour shoes with a burning passion. :|

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Ps: I liked Ferrall. Dug his format. Where's he at now?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Godinster posted:

This is a horrible opinion

What's his appeal? His voices are stupid, over the top, and just unfunny. He switches gears way too fast. He's a loser in real life too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Kt88 posted:

What do you do for a living?

I'm like Hanzi I'm paid to call into radio shows because I have a draw. I bring the audience.

Hey the guy just irritates me. I'm sure you all have callers you dislike. I like ETM but I know plenty hate him.

That's the way she goes, boys.