Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

FogHelmut posted:

That's what I told them when I was going to cancel. But I took the 50% off for a year and 3 months free internet. They're cutting deals all over the place. I don't know anyone who has paid full price for Sirius/XM.

I can't see how that business model is going to work. Sure, you can report a large number of subscribers, but if most of them are in at a discount, you're losing money (assuming the standard cost of a subscription provides a minimal profit above operating costs).

Crap - I interrupted a Robin burn run.

Here's mine:

HAW! HAW! HAW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
It's just not the same without the Mars Attacks music in the background.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Anyone heard why Beet hasn't been around lately?

I kinda miss him.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 18, 2011

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

:siren: New JD Vid :siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPUvowwC69s

Should be interesting how the little poo poo backs out of this challenge...

It's pretty bad when the most entertaining thing about the Stern show since it's renewal isn't even a part of the Stern show.

I'm 1/2 glad they resigned, and 1/2 wishing they didn't.
The biggest reason I became a listener was for Artie (liked him when he was on Mad TV), and I'm 99% confident that's over now.

It's almost like watching my favorite MMA fighter - Chuck Liddell. He once dominated the sport, but has been viciously KO'd in like 5 of his last 6 fights. It's hard to watch something you love fade away pitifully into oblivion.

Pretty much the only thing I look forward to is Richard, Sal, Fred, and some of the Wack Pack (which seem to have disappeared).

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 26, 2011

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Manwithastick posted:

ETM Update

He's deleted his channel - as I said he's going in to hiding to avoid the challenge - call Howard100 and get Langford on this!

Maybe he's a comical genius doing an Andy Kaufman-like move.

And maybe Robin's not a narcossistic liar.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Just needed a reference to his Club loving Foot!

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

AxeManiac posted:

What, did Joan Rivers finally die?

She was on last week. She's not due again until Feb 5th.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Vakal posted:

I listened to every minute of today's show, but I'll be damned if I can remember a single thing about it. What a dull day.

Welcome to the new contract.(or more accurately - welcome to the non-Artie era).

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Glumwheels posted:

I want to meet the people that still are fans of Gary. Do they just ignore what a giant horse toothed jackass he is?

In the 4+ years I've been listening to the show, I've always liked him, and wondered why you guys all ragged on him.

I'm starting to see it now.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

sedative posted:

It's the season finale of Vegucating Robin :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogNSLAsPFMM&hd=1

I don't understand why she's gaining weight. It's not like she's eating french fries and ketchup or stuff like that.

And in this day and age, I'm sure all the places she travels every weekend have fruit-free / sugar-free "green drink" restaurants.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Are they on vacation next week?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
The depression might be part of it as well (I think he was diagnosed with some form of it?).
After I was diagnosed, I ballooned up too. You just end up not giving a poo poo about things anymore, and walk around like a zombie (depending on the meds he's on).

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Awesome - Dave Attell is on the Nick and Artie show today!

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Slaine posted:

The Nick and Artie show has me constantly swaying between annoyance at Nick's obnoxious politics and laughing at Artie's lines. I don't care that the guy is a republican, but the way he crowbars his dumb opinions in every minute is getting to me.

You wouldn't know that Nick is a comedian if he didn't mention it from the way that Artie steals the show.

I feel the exact same way. It seems like no matter how I get my Artie, there has to be a compromise of something that annoys me.
It's like a dose of DePace every few minutes in between the funny.
They do work well together though.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I always thought it was just a play on words - Cinci-Naughty.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Should be a good week of Artie rubbing Nick the wrong way with that Superbowl result.
Unless your not a sports fan. Then it will suck.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Just a reminder Artie was on Jimmy Fallon last night. Basically got 3 segments. He was talking over Jimmy, but it was so funny. As soon as I saw that he was sitting in on some poor sweet girls segment, I told the wife "I feel so sorry for this girl".
I was not disappointed.

I Gave up on Howard over a year ago, and that void has been more that filled with N&A.

Edit VVV He did mention that for the first month of rehab he was using drugs. There was a kinda funny moment where the girl in the 3rd segment mentioned her movie was about a suicide prevention group or something. That was sort of awkward VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 31, 2012

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Don't make me break my foot off in yo rear end!

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I've been slowly listening to the week after the break on N&A, and either Artie is bi-polar (and on the high), or back on something.
He almost sounds like he's on speed.:ohdear:
I sure hope I'm wrong.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I've listed to N&A for the past few days, and Artie definitely sounds like he's on something. And holy poo poo he's gotten huge.

So true. I fear something bad will happen, and he will be "off the show" soon. I'm trying to enjoy as much as I can, as when he left the Stern show (and the few months leading up to it), it became unbearable to me.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Kelly posted:

There is no way Artie ends up on the show. Howard will never, ever allow it because it is a really dark part of the show's history.

The way things are going now, Artie will have a lot of free time very soon. He sounds EXACTLY like when he blew up at Teddy, and Nick has lost control of the show.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

kylej posted:

I can't believe I'm watching this poo poo. This is everything old Howard would've ripped on for an hour. Worth it just to see Howie run past the audience with his fists together trying to avoid contact though.

Everyone look for Kelly and Atom!
No idea if they will be on any of the broadcasts...
Or what they look like...

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Vakal posted:

So I'm just catching up on the Nick and Artie show and I've started into the early May episodes where they hired on a pair of blonde girls full time.

I'm really not liking this addition to show and I keep on skipping huge chunks of the show whenever they start talking which seems to be constantly.

Can anyone who listens to the more current shows please tell me if and they mercifully fade into the background after while?

Unfortunately not. They have them doing special projects now, like giving the scores in limerick-style (when they don't know what a limerick is...) or in German or British accents.
Artie flips out when they do it wrong, and it's kinda funny, but if you hate them regardless, that does not bode well...

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Kelly posted:

No. :(

I was pausing as we watched over crowd shots but alas, I was nowhere to be found. Maybe tonight since they seem to be mixing the two days together.

Where abouts were you sitting?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
^^^ Agreed. And his hair looks rock-star perfect every time. Must have the best stylist in the biz. You'd almost think he wears a wig or something.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I gave up on the show back in Oct. It was obvious to me that Artie absence really hurt the show. I only miss the wack pack, Fred, and Sal/Richard, but the filler in between them is beyond harrible.

The Nick and Artie show has more than filled the gap for me, as I'm a huge sports fan as well. Also getting the show 5 days a week is nice.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Godinster posted:

There's a "Garage Sale" on the local radio station here in Saskatoon that my uncle listens to. Any time I'm over and hear it, I can't help but keep listening because I expect some rear end like Richard or Sal to call in to gently caress with the guy... it never happens :(. People swear then apologize sometimes but that's about as exciting as it gets.

Even the announcer sounds like Howard's zookeeper impression

Sounds like you should call in as Ethel, and sell something that has Rusty's jizz stains on it.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Bonzo posted:

Gee...where have I heard that before?

I really don't buy that he's clean. Part of recovery is learning to deal with things around you and how to react like a normal human being.

Yeah, it's really hard to tell. I know I suffer from severe depression, and sometimes get "Mike Tyson" angry, but I try to control it. I've never had substance abuse problems, so I'm not sure if Artie's "episode" is related to that, but I do know that depression can lead to what he did.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

porkfriedrice posted:

Artie tweeted that he'll be back tonight.

Looks like DTV decided it wasn't worth it.

If I was DTV management - setting up an "episode" with Artie, using Artie's "issues" to create publicity could be huge for the show - kinda perfect just before they launch on DTV...

Let's hear how Twinsanity reacts to him tonight (if he's back). That might hint at a set-up.

Edit - looks like they don't launch until Sept 7th. Guess my suspicion is wrong.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 31, 2012

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
So I guess Nick and Artie will start the video shooting tomorrow night?
Anyone know what that will be shown on?
Hopefully it's not strictly Direct TV.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Joe Don Baker posted:

So was that story from Bam Margera true? I kept waiting for the plug but there really wasn't any.

Care to elaborate? I don't listen to the show anymore (don't have time for 10 hours of "content" every 2 months now that I listed to Artie rage-hate on the twins).
I'm a Bam fan, so I'm interested...

VVV Edit - thanks! Yeah - he's a total douche, but makes me laugh. VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 18, 2012

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
That's a really cool story Moniker. It gives me much more respect for Winkler.

And color me surprised as well about the Hogan interview. I would have bet money that they avoided that subject as best they could, but they didn't. It almost makes me wonder if Bubba is behind it's release, and wanted the publicity :tinfoil:

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Kelly posted:

Thanks guys!

The Jersey Shore (where I live, though not in a shore town and near the bay) was totally, totally devastated! One of our neighbor's stayed behind and said our deck, fence and shed were destroyed. That said, the house is okay which is the most important thing other than my husband and son.

Are they on the air today? Part of Manhattan is totally under water and I believe the bridges and tunnels are all closed.

So sorry to hear that Kelly :( I guess it could have been way worse.
I hope it ends up not being too bad.

So most of the staff made it in to the studio? (except Gary I guess).
That's impressive.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

-Atom- posted:

I haven't listened to today's show yet, but I was kind of in agreement with Howard over his "what are you going to do even if you stay home" argument. I thought Richard (much like Gary) was kind of in the wrong to miss out on work when a hotel room was provided for him, his wife, and pets.

I didn't hear the show, so I don't know all the context.

I've never had to worry about a flood/hurricane before, but I do know I would have a really tough time not trying to stay at my house and do what I could to lessen the damage.
Lets say your basement, or roof started flooding - wouldn't you rather be there to at least try to lessen the damage? Sure, maybe your efforts would be fruitless, but at least you were there to try. My mind would be constantly racing if I was away with thoughts of "What could I be doing to prevent more damage?"

VVV Edit I hope I didn't come off as douchy - didn't mean to if it sounded that way.VVV

Did Howard mention anything about his shorehouse? I'm wondering what precautions he made (if any).

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 31, 2012

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Manifest posted:

Countdown to Beth caught in bed with Stamos.

T minus 245 days ago

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

cmhn74 posted:

Maxim just sends them in on Fridays, they talk to them at the end of the show with Twinsanity. I'm a little unhappy with N&A since they moved to TV because there is so little Dan and Twinsanity. Before TV Dan was involved in the conversations like 50% of the time, now it's more like 1%. Also the twins have been relegated to the last minute of the show except for the one night they did stand up. The silver lining is of course Mike Boschetti. "It's so moist."

I'm still enjoying the show, but I'm a pretty big sports fan.
The only things that turn me off are Nick's politics, the live music and Twinsanity. It's better than the 145 things that turned me off the Stern show the past 4 years.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Crotch Bat posted:

Well it clearly doesn't mean 40 hours a week. This just means the guy doesn't just show up when Howard is out of town and can't record.

Which, I don't give a gently caress how he spins it, is absolutely insane. The man knows(or knew) how to run the enormous soundboard in front of him that does a million different things and he can't figure out his DVR?

Does he maybe ask the guy to strip out all the commercials?
That might make more sense (if that was the case). I haven't heard the show, so I don't know the detail.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

GenoCanSing posted:

Thank god for ericthebedhumper3's youtube account.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I don't listen to the show anymore, but listened to the past few ETM clips, and was laughing quite a bit. I really miss those gems, but remember it's 10 minutes of gold surrounded by 3 hours of boring reality show talk, or fake staff fights.

I don't suppose anyone still makes ETM clip packs? I think I have them all up to 2009, but am not sure if more were made after that.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I only have up to 2008 (the 2009 pack on scriptcover.com or whatever doesn't work), is there a link for 2009 anywhere?

Hmmm, guess I only have up to 2008 as well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I've been listening to the Artie Lange show. It moves along better than I thought it would, but I think it'll take a bit of time to get a good flow. I was expecting it to be quite a mess at the start. Having rotating people in the chairs is kind of interesting, and also kind of distracting. I'm sort of enjoying it so far. I think it was better with Nick running it, even though I'm not much of a fan of Nick's. I'll give it time. I started listening to Howard because of Artie, so I'll follow him along until he "Belushi's".