Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The show will enter a new golden age when Beth is artificially inseminated and they have quadruplets. She's 38 so time is running out for a normal child birth.

EngineerJoe fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Stern fans want Howard to live in constant fear of being a hypocrite and refuse to change and grow up. The guy is a mental case, and that will never change, but people's environments do. I can't blame him for being in his fifties and refusing to insult celebrities to their face like he's some DJ sharpening to be edgy.

I'm not sure what is worse sometimes: people saying a radio show "jumped the shark" or blaming Howard for his life changing due to wealth.

And Artie's laugh alone is enough to make a day better.

I don't think we can blame Howard for changing but we can certainly blame him for letting his show get stale.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

sedative posted:

The latest episode of Vegucating Robin is appropriately titled "A Brand New Tool in the Kitchen"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8se6Z4-6v8

Check out her fake laugh that starts at 1:58 and ends at 2:09 only when the camera cuts away.

The stereo separation is driving me crazy and it appears to be reversed. I hear the guy out of the right speaker and Robin out of the left speaker.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

That app totally needs a dual touch screen interface. The second screen would be purely a 'scratch pad' where you could add current sounds that you want to play with.

Done!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I made a new World of Warcraft character:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/erictheactor/simple

I accepted a quest from the someone who wanted me to go kill a bunch of people and the guy said "You know what to do..." It was a joyous moment.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I cant wait for Howard to do a complete 180 on twitter when he realizes what he has to do to get verified.

I'm pretty sure mega-famous people don't need to do much to get their account verified.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Bright side? The Consumerist will grab a week's worth of articles with that.

I used to really like the Consumerist but for the past while (year?) they've been churning out way too many low-content posts.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I think Howard will get better guests from Twitter than Gary does doing his 'producer' thing.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I got crap from my parents for getting married in the summer. Their fear was that many people wouldn't come which turned out to be true but I didn't really give a gently caress. I ended up with 230 people instead of the 300 I estimated.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

-Atom- posted:

Is this worth listening to?

I'm 3 minutes in and he's so boring I want to turn it off. She hasn't said more than 'mmhmm'.

It seems to be about a suicide benefit.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Djarum posted:

Now generally if you are getting targeted with this scam you don't live in a market that will bring you enough customers to cover that kind of expense. What ends up happening is the guy either tells the station to gently caress off or he goes out of business either because he lost too much money or the station suckered him into signing a binding contract.

Who the heck would sign an open ended contract like this? I guess I'm not surprised...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Beth never legally changed her last name to Stern. Hahahahaha

That's pretty normal. When I got married, the documentation my wife received strongly encouraged her to merely 'assume' my last name rather than changing it legally.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Chaz Bono was on Letterman the other night and it was really interesting. I think Letterman actually admitted that he would rather be a woman.

http://youtu.be/UEJlP8XAx8U

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

News Anchor, "The Howard Stern Show"

Yep... Sure, that's exactly what she is.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Or "Hey nice dress, it looks soo much better than expensive dresses that everyone else is wearing"

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

AxeManiac posted:

Only if you say them in Guatemala to a woman with ayahuasca up her rear end.

While throwing cookies and candies at her.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Butthole Prince posted:

Believe you me!

Therapy. Feh!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Moniker posted:

Is it me or does this look exactly like Howard?

Speaking of Howard lookalikes, I was in New York last week and went to a Jazz club. While I was waiting to go in, the crowd from the previous show was meandering out. I saw this woman who looked just like Howard (Howard today, not the old Howard). I swear, it was freaky. I wrote a quick message on my Blackberry to show my wife and just as she read it, a guy picks up a newspaper and mumbles something about Howard Stern. It was the freakiest thing.

I also felt VERY bad for this lady...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

-Atom- posted:

I'm bummed for Fred and his loss, but having Sal sit in today was pretty god damned good.

What happened to Fred?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Scott the Engineer will go broke supporting conservative causes. Then will die of a heart attack when the Rush Limbaugh/Dominican Boys sex tape comes out.

You got your Scott's mixed up. Scott DePace is the nutty conservative. Scott The Engineer is the fat loser with the black cloud.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Squashy Nipples posted:

Twitter is the best thing ever for famous 34s; they just can't resist the urge to babble dumb-rear end poo poo.

Today is a date which will live in infamy:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

chiz posted:

^^^ In regards to what, I missed it.

There's really no context. I assume she meant she made a mistake with respect to Brad Pitt.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

This article is great:

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsd...pink-and-petty/

quote:

So who has the company wrangled to sell its $212,800 convertible? Carine Roitfeld — former editor of Vogue Paris (though, at 57, I wouldn't exactly call her "young"). Hunky Argentine polo player and model Ignacio "Nacho" Figueras — who apparently summers with Beth Ostrosky Stern (wife of Howard Stern) in a "strictly platonic relationship." And Peter M. Brant, billionaire and art collector.

Especially when you realize that it was taken from Wikipedia and was placed there by a SFN member.

http://sternfansnetwork.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=1851.0

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Glumwheels posted:

How does Benjy manage to always pull off a stunt like that? It always looks random like he's just walking down the street and happens to see a CNN reporter covering a story.

It's Manhattan, if you're there every day and you try it's probably not that hard. He can probably even get a location after they tease and before they do the segment.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I don't think I saw this here yet:
http://youtu.be/vSWh-I9rM-4
"Benjy Bronk Town Hall Hearing Footloose Speech Port Authority MTA Toll Fare Hike"

It get's almost no reaction which is kinda strange but great at the same time.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I was tempted to buy that calendar when it was announced to hopefully get the autographed copy (Stern and Beth O would have signed it) but I decided against it. I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Robin really did get fat:

Some interesting comments on twitpic:
"You need help. Just like Artie did."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop the clock. . . . what happened to the diet you incessantly preach about?"
"oh no, what happened?"

http://twitpic.com/79fjw5

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Bonzo posted:

Seeing as how his family still babies him and he's done nothing about his Daddy issues I don't think this will last.

He's a sick man with a serious addiction problem. He will probably continue to have wild weight swings and relapses for the rest of his life.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

FogHelmut posted:

No, it's just disgusting to think they my subscription fees were going to such a thing. It's the casualness to which she references her driver, "I had Jose put the show on," that really gets to me. I'm fine with him having hundreds of millions of dollars and her driving herself in a gold plated chariot drawn by rescued Kentucky Derby winners. I'm fine with Howard taking a limo the 1.5 miles to work. Needing a driver for daily errands seems absurd.

Edit- Screw it, it's the holidays. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpmMLqk-FK4

Honestly, this really isn't something to get worked up about (unless you're worked up about the inequalities in society).

They're filthy rich, a drive doesn't cost much for them and makes getting around Manhattan very easy. Also, this Jose chap sounds like he can really please a woman so it's win win!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Shes Not Impressed posted:

My eyes go right for her knees

Really? My eyes go to the 60% of the image that's overexposed.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Not being good at photography doesn't mean he can't share them. It's really one of the better ways to improve. What is a problem is the sycophants who all tell him how great he is and his inability to accept criticism.

If he would simple post them with a more humble attitude I don't think there would be an issue.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

My biggest issue with The NSAL is that they claim to be a non kill shelter, but what they do when they cant place the animals they take in, is ship them off to any shelter that will take them, regardless if they are non kill.

Well, is there really any other choice?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

TMZ aired a huge piece on Eric the Midget today. He and Johnny Fratto were at a strip club. Yah... that's about it.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

AxeManiac posted:

I bet it sounded annoying and wasn't very funny, but there you go, it was on TV and is a popular show.

It's on their website too: http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/15/howard-stern-show-eric-the-midget-video-tmz-on-tv/#.TzxoYXES2yA

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Is there a live portion to AGT? I think his commentary after a live show airs could be very interesting since he won't have to hold back.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

-Atom- posted:

She flies to Europe and the west coast every weekend, I think I would watch a lot of TV shows in her position.

Also she's a lonely old woman.

She also says she watches things just to fit in.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

chiz posted:

Also didn't she work with some woman who wrote the guide to "being a shicksa" (spelling) ?

Now that's a book she could write with authority!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Can you just let us live in our fantasy world where Beth is cheating on Howard and we end up with angry Howard for the last 4 years of his contract?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

prefect posted:

I'm not saying she's doing anything unusual or wrong. I'm just wondering how badly Howard freaked out when he found out about the pictures. Some years ago, one of the other daughters was doing partial nudity in a play and Howard pulled the plug on that.

So, has anyone tweeted these to him yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Brocktoon posted:

While at work today I noticed that our office bathroom has Moen faucets.

I'm renting a lovely old house and everything sucks... and my faucets is Moen.