Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

haljordan posted:

Elliot seems like a truly dangerous, unhinged guy. Didn't he kidnap his daughter during a custody dispute or something? I'm shocked he's not serving time for manslaughter right now.

Oh that’s tip of the iceberg kind of poo poo.

He did kidnap his daughter, but he also:
* committed multiple felonies and served serious jail time for it (see here:
https://www.nytimes.com/1988/08/21/nyregion/man-held-in-light-bulb-and-sunglasses-fraud.html)
* assaulted a man named Joe Corsin by punching him in the face at a local NYC eatery, breaking the man’s dentures
* deliberately broke his ex-wife’s fingers
* released amateur video recordings for sale of a dominatrix named Violet inserting multiple objects in his body while he was bound and gagged

And that’s just all the stuff he admitted to. Guy is still wandering / running around Manhattan to this day in lingerie, ranting and raving to passerbys. I wouldn’t get anywhere near him - he is by far the most deranged, unstable wack packer of the bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

DangerDummy! posted:

That old drop of the guy saying "I'm gay, I'm a homo, I like guyyyyyys!" was actually Norm coming out to George Takei. Its where Artie got the idea for the prank. Most people don't realize it's real because Norm is a master of language.

I dunno if you’re being funny. It’s from the movie In & Out. Along with the “exCUUUUSE MEEEE?!” drop they play when a black person is on the phone.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I have to say I’m kind of surprised some have never read that book. The movie version of Private Parts is part Hollywood material, mostly a love-letter to his wife and the rest embellishments. The point of view tone is real funny, crazy NEUROTIC wit in it, on top of only using 30% of the material in it. Truly a soul laid bare.

You goons oughta hang by the library and at least borrow it sometime, they’re pretty entertaining even if Miss America is really cringey these days in comparison.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Former Human posted:

The best sports talk guy is the Sour Shoes impression of Mike Francesa. You can hear how drowsy and obese he is through the phone.

Oh my god. I got a call from Sour Shoes around thanksgiving years ago (he had his phone number on his website), and I swear for 20 mins straight he was imitating how his thanksgiving dinner went with his family as Mike Francesa. I was in stitches. It’s something about the lazy, just-woke-up cadence of “Okay?” It’s like a Tarantino impression, but in reverse.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
The Roker moment, oh god. Total all time “Artie is high” moment. Al Roker was so sideswiped.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I remember Howard being upset being invited by Trump to his wedding with Melania, but not being able to go due to having fatherly obligations to his daughter(s) and being unable to attend.
This was 7 years into therapy, btw. He just wanted to go because it was a “happening”, in a shense like Ed Bradley’s funeral.

What a nutcake.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Szyznyk posted:

Give him credit for not getting racist and lovely and not setting up a greasy charity to buy himself a ranch.

Uhhh…

https://streamable.com/nxyuzw

http://moldredstern.blogspot.com/2017/04/biancas-furry-friends-foundation-2015.html

edit: lol that these both literally happened in the same year

Cliche Guevara fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 13, 2023

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I thought that line from “Dolly” was hilarious, actually. Even still. Yes, it’s not her, that’s the joke, I get it.

What will be just as funny is them totally not mentioning it at all when she comes in to the show.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I’d like to add some too. The Sirius years are relatively weak compared to the below, even though I liked the first three years at Sirius

Jesus Twins
Calistra “the dead daughter” Zipper (circa 1998/1999), it was on Halloween
Gilbert vs the German Jew (Amy Heckerling’s nanny, should be three different appearances)
the Cardozo hotel! or the episode w Jackie getting celebrity autographs
Mr T appearance where he wanted to kick Howard’s rear end

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

YeahTubaMike posted:

Did she & Jim Florentine actually date, or was Jim Florentine just trying to ride her coattails? It seems like a bit of a long con, but maybe he was trying to stay relevant for longer. Either way, he didn't seem genuine, and I was suspicious of him from the beginning.

edit: Page late here but I would like to point out that Jim’s girlfriend committed suicide a year or less before he dated Robin, and less than a year after dating Robin he knocked up a different girlfriend - who ended up cheating on him with a local police officer.

Either Jim has a “type”, or not so hot insight into how some people can be, or just incredibly unlucky, or a mix of some/all of these

Cliche Guevara fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 14, 2023

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
a NICE DRINK

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
For a brief moment, Sal uploaded his Kool The Candy Rapper and G-Man tracks on iTunes and I, like an idiot, didn’t buy them. They were the tracks played on the show, plus a few others.

And you know what the little record label info was on the collection? Hello YooHoo Records. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I really wish he used that cover & title for his second book. Hilarious. Way better than the cringey miss america stuff he was going for as a joke, though it gave him the excuse to be able to dress as “Helen Stern” throughout so of course he pushed it hard