Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Bubba got hosed

That is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

burmart posted:

Opie from O&A is doing the same thing right now, and it's even worse than Howard's temper tantrum. He'll cut people off mid sentence or just dump the show in the middle of interesting discussions once 10 hits.

It's loving annoying.

Ferrall has been on fire about this too. He spent a solid last night ripping "suits" and the business side of radio in general. I think in the end bubba got lucky. 3 years ago Sirius dared him to go back to terrestrial figuring he would fail and come groveling back to them. Well he's had some success and so when Sirius tried to put the screws to him, unlike O&A, Howard and Scotty, he had already set up a place to land. And as much as Howard gives Bubba poo poo for building his own studio it made him independent of any one company and lets him do the radioio thing really easily.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Listening to RadioIO Bubba and really like it, BUT, so far todays best of elements have been the same as yesterday and played in the same exact order. I hope they start to change it up. I think this whole thing will probably change Jan 10th.

That's my understanding of it. Bubba has described this week as a "soft launch" and the full lineup starts rolling out over the next few weeks.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Holy poo poo. Did anyone else just listen to Bubba tell the story about when he was in high school and he jerked off while watching his buddy have sex in a pool?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

First uncensored Bubba show on radioio commercial free until 12:30 eastern.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Viktor posted:

Something thats really annoying me listening to RadioIO so far is the The Car Store commercial(s). It's almost a direct rip off of a track from Royal Space Force OST.

They desperately need more ads. I can recite most of them word for word now "it's not insane it's insulting..."

In other news I love chicken dip update drop

E: and Manson's gently caress sirius song is somehow catchier than the original ceelo song

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 13, 2011

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Speaking of Bubba if you didn't hear Brent Hatley under hypnosis today you missed some of the best radio I have ever heard.

The moon is made of blue cheese

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Smeep posted:

Because satellite radio is an amazing medium to broadcast and receive content and it would be succeeding spectacularly if Sirius wasn't staffed by the most astonishingly inept team of fools in recent memory.

Apparently you haven't been watching the re-launch of RadioIO

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I thought you guys would be interested in this overlap. Bubba has given Sam Simon a show every friday on radioio.com and it is loving AWFUL. Last week was Sam and a buddy from PETA circle jerking about how terrible meat is and how we could feed the world if we stopped raising domesticated animals. Tune in tonight at 6pm eastern if you feel like being talked down to.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I caught some of the Sam Simon show last week as it comes on after the Shannon Burke show (which I actually like for some strange reason), holy poo poo the show sucked. Not only for the content, but they were have so many technical issues that it was just godawful. Bubba's IO show is also loving horrible, they just mail it in for the 1.5 hours.

Shanon's show is pretty funny. It kind of reminds me of bubba back in the early Sirius days. A guy who is getting a second chance and is just having fun.

Oh and not for nothing Colin G Brady is a vile horrible human being. And I use the Colin voice all the time. I can't come in work today I got explosive diarrhea haha yeaaaah

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Don't forget his horrendous personal hygiene, his blind dog that smells like poo poo because it has "dying skin" his obnoxious Boston homerism ("if the giants beat the patriots in the loving super bowl I'm going to loving kill myself"), claiming to be the best pussy licker in the world and that he prefers pussies that have some "seasoning" not clean.

E: and I made this weeks walk off rewind!

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 10, 2012

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

They let anyone on internet radio these days.

Shannon has been in radio for a long time. He was the guy in Orlando a couple years ago that accidentally shot his wife and her dog. Colin was Shannon's producer back in the day and after Shannon got fired moved on to a Christian station where he was fired for saying gently caress.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

Artie loves the vending machine
Cookies, candy and cupcakes filled with cream

Artie loves pancakes
He'll wash them down with chocolate shakes
He's gaining so much god damned weight
Cause Artie loves paaannnnnnnnnn-cakes

e: with Spice leaving Bubba really has taken a nose dive. It's pothead/atheist/conspiracy followed by a news clip followed by Ned/Manson bit followed by commercials. Lather, rinse, repeat. IO is a disaster. Dangerous Conversation is 3 hours every night of stoners talking about conspiracies. All of the 6pm-8pm shows are garbage (except the rare occasion when they let Tuddle host his own show). Shannon is the one good show on the entire deal. I can't imagine IO can last much longer. Last year they managed to double their revenue (to a massive $1,645,000) but still lost the same amount of money they lost the year before (about $950,000).

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 30, 2012

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

ziglol posted:

Didn't Artie say in an interview somewhere that he'd been using in some form or another (incl. subutex), non stop for the past 20 years, before the last incident/rehab.

I'm not sure if I'm off on that (?)

He said it on Bubba a couple weeks ago

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

Descriptions of the first two episodes that air tonight on "Destination America" (whatever that channel is):

Sounds more like a shittier version of Unwrapped than Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

My brain is now fixated on an A1 Thick and Hearty from Whataburger. I would totally drive 100 miles for one of those right now

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I can't get the links on the first page of the thread for the clip packs to work. DOes anyone have working links for them?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

porkfriedrice posted:

Seemed to me like it was "hey you guys don't believe me that I need to piss this bad sometimes? Here, I'll piss in the trash can"

Bubba pissed in a solo cup on air a few weeks ago

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Artie was very obviously joking about making the twins clean up his urine. That being said, peeing in a trashcan in the studio is completely disgusting.

Bubba pissed in a solo cup on air a few weeks ago.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

What? Tell me more. I just love stories of Bubba's failures.

And the most amazing part of it all is that the head of said pump and dump scheme is Tom Bean...his agent.

The show is loving terrible. A couple months ago he brought his sister Tara and 25 Cent into the studio full time. Tara is loving terrible on air but 25 is awesome and was a welcome addition to the show.

Well last week Bubba blew up on 25 saying he hadn't "paid any dues" and fired him. Not like Bubba kayfabe fired but told to leave and never come back. So now it's Bubba, Manson/Ned, and Tara. Hatley isn't that involved on air anymore because his jaw is wired shut.

So now Bubba is talking about raiding the only decent thing on IO (Shannon Burke's show) and bringing Shannon Burke into the studio as a co-host.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Manifest posted:

Wait, wait, wait. He FIRED 25 cent?
And it's not a work?
Bubba has gone off the deep end. 25 was consistently the best part of the show.

25 put this on facebook last night

"Just wanted to stop through and say what's up and thank you for everyone's comments and concern (Good and Bad) about what's going on, I will not be returning to work at the Bubba Radio Network. I think it's time for me to move on but it has been a great experience for me. I am very appreciative of everyone I've met through the show and consider you my friend whether I am with the show or not. Thanks again for the #nigrostickuplove, Love you fuckers."

25 was the last tie to the glory days of the first 2 years on Sirius. The only person that's left from back then is Manson. I had always held out a little hope that Bubba would get it back on track and start doing a show like he did back then. But it's now clear that that show is dead and is never coming back.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Viktor posted:

25 went out in a blaze of glory because he said "F U" deadpan serious to Bubba on air (IO) then was never heard from again. When Bubba quit Sirius it was a slow downhill from there, after Spice left the show it's been a noticeable decline.

Read a news story, short discussion, followed by old bits somewhat relevant. That's what the show has been reduced to.

Yeah I've got a tons of respect for him for going out swinging.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I've got access to the archives on Radioio. If the mods clear it as not :filez: I could make a best of compilation

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Holy Calamity! posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't even realize they had an official archive. It has all the Sirius shows?

Yep. Every Sirius show, Ned/Manson bits, terrestrial shows and Radioio shows. It's a paid subscription so I don't know if it's kosher to post clips or not

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

If it is clips or a great moments collection or something that isn't just all the shows or entire shows, that is usually fine, but we can't endorse just entire dumps of the show.

Duly noted. Some clips might be a little long (~20 minutes) but it wouldn't be full shows

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The funniest thing during the Sirius years was the Moonshine Miller/Brent fight. Starts with Miller trashing Brent, and ends with Brent freaking out, throwing poo poo, and crying drunkenly in the green room while Spiceboy and Manson mock them both.

Bubba's show could have been something good, but when they left Sirius, they were hosed.

Yeah that was great. So was Lasker getting his balls shocked by Chip, Lasker smoking salvia, the 80s trivia game, Brent rapping NWA, the lead up to Brent's muay thai fight, Brent getting KO'ed in 37 seconds, Ned's original wiki-wiki rant, any amount of Spice/Akira drama. I know I'm forgetting so much but I'll go back and read the recaps and find the good stuff.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I'm in the process of editing all of the clips for the Bubba collection. I should have it done today or tomorrow

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Alright guys here it is. Over 22 hours of the Best of Bubba on Sirius.

-Ned Negotiations from NYC
-25 gets tased
-Rich Franklin and Jimmy Jamz
-Dball gets sprayed with carb cleaner
-Bubba's prostate check
-Chip shocks Lasker's balls
-Brent gets heat for the Ned/Tyler bit on On The Chip
-Brent raps NWA
-Bubba shoots spice
-Jughead brings Akira to the softball game
-Jughead lets Hammil and Akira go to Spices at 4:30 am
-Brent and Bubba get heat/Bubba wedding pool
-Wedding fallout
-Old Bubba air checks from San Antonio
-Dan Diaco checks Bubba's leg drains
-25 Cent gets the wrong cream
-BRN Spelling bee
-Akira puts Spice on the torture rack and shows the DVD of her blowing Hammil
-Dropping a dime on Hammil
-Big Dick gets heat for the drink machine and being an rear end in a top hat
-Lasker smokes salvia
-25 Cent on the torture rack with a snake
-Fallout from Brent getting KO'ed
-Big Dick is an rear end in a top hat when he screens calls
-Cowhead tells the poop towel story
-Ned's wiki wiki rant
-25 Cent dating game with Tom the Treeman's sister
-80s quiz
-Heather offers to ride Bubba while he eats a BK stacker
-25's car gets repoed
-Bubba and Spice argue about Spice's "date" with Brooke Hogan
-Judge/Jury bubba poll
-Lummox meltdown

For your downloading pleasure: http://www.mediafire.com/?7whp322f16ujhp7

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

drat, that's a lot of work man. Thanks a ton!

It was a labor of love. I forgot how hilarious that stuff was. I loved getting to listen to all of it again. It's also kind of depressing to listen to those shows and then listen to Bubba today.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

haljordan posted:

Did Sal's "stockbroker" career really involve him working in incredibly shady boiler room firms (from which he was actually fired)?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/sal-shlockbroker-0

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

haljordan posted:

Does this mean Jim Rome is going to be even richer? I wish I were dead.

Where is Jim Everett when we need him?!

I loved Ferrall's show when I had Sirius, hopefully he can make on terrestrial radio.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Does Ferrall's new gig have him going head to head with Nick and Artie at all?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Same here, thanks man. I was cracking up on the train today listening to the aftermath of Bubba shooting Spice with the BB gun. Bubba going from apologetic, to pilled up and sad, then to getting mad for Spice not calling him back was hilarious in his voicemails. Sucks that Bubba's show is horrible now.

I'd also forgotten the part where he tried to make it better by giving spice $100

I'm glad you guys enjoy it. I spent last week going through the shoes on my phone last week at work. I'm pretty sure my office neighbors think I'm insane from the number of times I burst out laughing.

E: wrap the toots

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 3, 2012

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

I think most of us with normal jobs already do, for way less.

Yeah, well, what do you do for a living?

Brent Hatley certainly does.

BrentBrentBrentBrent Hatley he's the loving man...BrentBrentBrentBrent Hatley needs a loving tan.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

After all the years of making fun of Hatley for wanting to see a black dude gently caress his wife turns out Bubba let Hulk Hogan gently caress Heather. :laffo:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Bonzo posted:

Bubba has said many times on the show that he has no problem letting Heather be with other women but I can't remember if he was ok with guys. Brent and Amanda were pretty open with swinging so it's possible Bubba is too.

But yeah, Bubba is such a Hogan mark I could see him just telling Heather to throw a gently caress his way.

Heather, Hizzootie is coming over and hasn't gotten lizzaid since the cop you nop top took all his money. You better give him a solid fuckin and let him put a guardrail across your gullet.

/bubba voice

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

My girlfriend brought her two cats with her when she moved in. They're not so bad but every now and then one of them will drop a BOMB in the litter box and I close the bathroom door and turn the fan on for an hour or so.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Sand Monster posted:

He was pretty open about everything and his stance is that it was filmed and released without his (and Bubba's) knowledge. I'd say just read the wrap up on Mark's Friggin' site:

http://marksfriggin.com/news.htm

C'mon man. He honestly expects us to believe that Bubba didn't know there was a camera in that room? He was probably jerking off in his office to Hootie giving it to Heather.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

haljordan posted:

These Eric the Midget calls I'm listening to on YouTube would be a billion times better if most of them didn't feature Johnny Fratto calling up to babble on about his loving boring rear end kids.

Listen you're gonna go to school ya little fucker

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Ya, he did when he was single and claimed he removed them when Heather moved it.
His reasoning for having them when he was single was so that no one could ever claim they were raped to try to extort him.

While I do believe Bubba recorded it, I dont think he is the one who leaked it. I think Heather was a much of a Hogan mark as Bubba and wanted to add it to her resume.
It also wont surprise me to find out that Heather leaked it in an attempt to make Bubba look bad.
There could also be a mystery person who got it and leaked it out. The video came out after a few key show people were fired. 25 cent, Big Dick, Chip, and I think Jugghead were all fired and could have easily gotten their hands on it and who knows how many other Bubba home movies.

If I was Bubba and I didnt leak the video then I would be making GBS threads my pants wondering what other videos may come out. Lots of weird poo poo went down in that house and studio and Bubba recorded EVERYTHING. Your talking about the dude who has video cameras in the showers.

Chip and Jughead aren't nearly smart enough to pull this off. I could see it being Big Dick.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Heh I'm listening to 7/10/2006 and Bubba is talking about the time he secretly videoed himself loving a chick and Brent found the video.

Hmmmmmmmm

E: and I quote in response to Hatley wanting to burn that tape: "Actually if someone got this it would probably be pretty good for our career"

"I really don't like looking at meeself gently caress so I never made another one"

...but hootie

I'll chop this up and get it posted when I get home.

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

TMZ reporting...

EXCLUSIVE: Bubba the Love Sponge Knew Hulk Hogan Sex Tape Could Be Worth A Fortune

Hulk Hogan's best friend, Bubba the Love Sponge, not only secretly videotaped Hulk having sex -- he bragged afterwards that the tape was a goldmine that could be the key to Bubba's retirement.TMZ has seen the last few minutes of Hulk's leaked sex tape -- in which he bangs Bubba's wife Heather Clem. It's very clear -- Bubba was in on it. Moments after the deed is done and Hulk leaves, Bubba says to his wife ... "If we ever did want to retire, all we'd have to do is use this footage." His wife shoots back, "You'd never do that." Bubba then tries to recover, saying, "I wouldn't do that, you'd be the biggest rat, you'd be dead."The revelation is interesting ... considering Hulk went on the Howard Stern show TODAY and said he and Bubba are still good friends -- and sounded confident Bubba was NOT the culprit. There's more, TMZ just broke the story ... Hulk is filing a criminal police report in FL and trying to HUNT DOWN whoever leaked the tape -- claiming he was filmed illegally.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/09/hulk-hogan-tmz-live-sex-tape-bubba-the-love-sponge/#ixzz28qCt3R00

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 9, 2012