Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Diebuster simul is starting tonight, and I'm afraid participation is mandatory.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732158

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Not sure how new this news is, but I just found out GaoGaiGar is getting a blu-ray remaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmFU_E5EyBg

Maybe Bandai is finally going to release all those SRC GGG figures they showed off years ago.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Luurah is subbing the rest of Ginguiser. Tremble!

https://luurah.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/chou-gattai-majutsu-robo-ginguiser-01-02/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

While I find the idea amusing I wish they'd translate something actually good instead.

E: oh they're just cleaning up an Itallian -> English Google translate script

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I imagine that Ginguiser's one of those shows that's just kind of boring once you get past the silly transformation sequence.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watched the whole of the first episode and would never actually deliberately watch any more.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I watched the whole of the first episode and would never actually deliberately watch any more.

Personally I think it will either become boring, or they'll run out of regular crazy ideas early on and just get really, deeply and worringly insane in that way only cheap 70s anime can.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Sakurazuka posted:

While I find the idea amusing I wish they'd translate something actually good instead.

Are there even many good things that need translating at this point? The only things i can think of that ive wanted to watch but couldn't due to lack of translation are Great Mazinger and Jewelpet Magical Change, which i have on good authority are both profound pieces of art.

There are tons of japanese live action shows and batsu games that are untranslated i suppose.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've always been a little curious about Goshogun, tho at this point the well is kinda running dry and there are more old non-mecha shows that could use some fansub love.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I want Tiger Mask fansubs, and I want them now!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Goshogun movie is super weird, it's the sequel to a mecha show that doesn't have any mecha in it.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I reckon there's still quite a number of solid mech shows that either haven't been started or only got a bit early on years ago---even more for non-mech shows. There's just only so many groups taking a crack at one thing or another these days, especially when you get to the older shows.

Can't say I expected original Dai King to get licensed though, so there's ample cause for optimism in general!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Srice posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I won't rest until every single anime ever made is translated and available for me to not watch.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Sakurazuka posted:

E: oh they're just cleaning up an Itallian -> English Google translate script

If there's any show that deserves to have a completely uncleaned mechanical translation it's Ginguiser.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Personally I think it will either become boring, or they'll run out of regular crazy ideas early on and just get really, deeply and worringly insane in that way only cheap 70s anime can.

Define 'cheap Seventies anime insane'.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Define 'cheap Seventies anime insane'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S98dP_RshbU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsoaHMOp5uM This is a better example, it's the episode where Ken rescues a professor who had a bomb put in his brain, and he solves the conflict by ejecting the professor into the alien ship, destroying both.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

is all of Charge Man Ken on youtube?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That's so cheap they couldn't even afford sound effects for half the stuff going on. And the lips are clearly out of sync with the speech. And not even by a split second, but by several seconds in some cases. Which would be bad even by foreign dub standards, nevermind original dub. Or else Youtube is just running it out of sync on me for some reason.

Regardless Dragonar and about half the Braves franchise still need subs at the very least. Most of the Eldran franchise still needs a good sub too as far as I'm aware. There's probably other stuff too.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Mazinger Z retires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMq6y2wHXKw

Somebody please translate this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TaurusOxford posted:

Mazinger Z retires.

That is a really good costume

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

TaurusOxford posted:

Not sure how new this news is, but I just found out GaoGaiGar is getting a blu-ray remaster:

Maybe Bandai is finally going to release all those SRC GGG figures they showed off years ago.

Wow, looks like it comes with a lot of cool extras. Cast interviews, audio commentary, and some of the scenes from the Playstation game. Unfortunately, even if I was crazy enough to buy this, I wouldn't be able to understand any of that :v:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Srice posted:

learn arabic

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

TaurusOxford posted:

Mazinger Z retires.

Wow, that was a little heart-breaking...

gently caress yeah! Rust Hurricane!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TaurusOxford posted:

anyone wanna tell clawshrimpy

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BUTT posted:

anyone wanna tell clawshrimpy

I'll anticipate some kind of "yeah but see I watched it on VHS so everything else just isn't the same" essay.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
The big problem with GaoGaiGar is that it isnt enough like GaoGaiGar.

edit: GaoGaiGar makes GaoGaiGar look like GaoGaiGar.

Clever Spambot fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 31, 2015

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Discotek got the original Gaiking :getin:

Really, REALLY hope they get Goshogun next.

Like, loving NO ONE translated that

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Blue Gender is actually pretty good, yeah. If anything the bad reputation is based on when it got shown on Adult Swim back when I was like 7 or 8

thanks for reminding me im pushing loving 30 rear end in a top hat :smith:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 4, 2015

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Race Realists posted:

Discotek got the original Gaiking :getin:
Are we getting the old dub or new subs?

Race Realists posted:

Really, REALLY hope they get Goshogun next.
Please don't say things that'll break my heart.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Does anyone still have zeorymer_nutshell.jpg? The original was on waffleimages.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm helping!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Daler Mehndi posted:

I'm helping!

Thanks

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Zeorymer owns.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Daler Mehndi posted:

I'm helping!

it warms the cockle of my heart that people still post my summary of all four episodes :allears:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
oh zeorymer, you were wonderful in your astonishing mediocrity

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
watching the macross frontier movies

have a drink everytime the characters coincidentally meetup at the exact same spot

you will die

EDIT:

oh my loving god there is a tune in the climax of Wings of Goodbye that sounds EXACTLY like the han-leia romance theme,

to the point i am seriously shocked that lucasfilm or john williams didn't sue studio nue :stare:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 10, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Just watched episode 48 of Dougram. Dang, mecha animes used to be different. The Dougram crew just massacres 20 people in a totally lop-sided battle, and are all like, dang, wish that had gone down differently. Nowadays a giant robot pilot kills like three people in the whole series, max.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In honour of BX existing, can anyone tell me more about Gorg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

In honour of BX existing, can anyone tell me more about Gorg?

It's a show that meanders a lot. It has its moments but it's an okay 24 episode show that could have been good at 12. Also the show is a lot more entertaining before Gorg enters the picture.

• Locked thread