Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Maybe include a link to the ADTRW wiki page for mecha. http://adtrwiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Mecha

I really hope Z2 is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Zorak posted:

Z2 has been confirmed on one of the blogs of the people working on SRW.

Oh god, it was? Hell yeah! I have to finish J before April then it would seem, and start trying to brush up on my mediocre japanese for spirits/stuff.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I really hope he keeps going with this, it's great quality work.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

SR GUADALUPE and I were dormmates last year, and I think I may have gotten him hooked onto mecha (and probably anime in general) with Gurren Lagann. After that he started watching every Gundam series and even got me to watch shows I hadn't before.

Now we get together and watch stuff all the time, it's been a great, if exceptionally nerdy college experience thus far.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Schwarzwald posted:

I didn't realize they sold toys on Crunchyroll.

It's a weird daily deal thing they do, some times it's DVDs, merch etc.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

tsob posted:

It means that soon all the hip young kids on dancefloors across the nation will be doing the Voltron!

Who wants to form the head :smug:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

TaurusOxford posted:

I want that loving yesterday!

but onto the point of my post. I was told multiple people in this thread have Gundam extreme vs, and I should ask here for opinions about it. How import-friendly is it, and is it worth the money?

The basic menus mostly have English on the buttons, and if you have any previous experience with the VS series the ones without English will make sense fairly quickly. If you ever have to select mobile suits, there's pictures of them. The only trouble I ran into was in trial mission mode, where it was hard to tell what skills were without knowing a little kana, but with Google Translate, you should be able to figure those out from Japanese sites pretty easily. The trials themselves rarely amount to more than 'kill x targets as quickly as possible'.

I'd say it's worth the money if you love Gundam and especially if you like the GvG games on the PS2 and PSP. I imported it during Christmas/New Years and love it, having very little Japanese experience.

This guide is pretty useful for finding your way around.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's coming out APRIL 5TH! GET HYPE!

I was hype as soon as Black Getter appeared. Macross 7 and anything beyond is just icing on the cake.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

My PSN for import stuff is MusouMatt. If you see me playing, feel free to message and I'll poorly play the Blue Destiny or something.

Glad to hear you like it too Taurus.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Srice posted:

It's handy that Mamoru had magic powers that could easily make everything better, but Simon didn't.

Remember, Simon has cult-inspiring charisma powers :rolleyes:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Clawshrimpy posted:

And Nagai wasn't a good writer when he made all those cliffhangers to troll people. If Imagawa was a good writer he wouldn't have doubled down on Nagai's bullshit.

There was no cliffhanger, Mazinger Z's manga ended in September 1974, and Great Mazinger started in October 1974. I don't think you actually know anything you're talking about.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

John Carstairs posted:

Aw yeah.

Then again, maybe I just like the song.

Also one of the best fusion sequences ever, god I love that machine.

I have too many favorite moments in mecha, though one I haven't seen here yet is the fight scenes in VOTOMS. I can't find a specific clip but I really love the jungle fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Artum posted:

So on a whim I set up a ps2 emulator to play Robot Alchemic Drive, and its a strange feeling of pride and shame realising that I have a drill punch and a rocket punch so I can drill-rocket punch things to death, but I didn't think of that sooner.

it's natural super robot progression, don't feel bad

episode 1: drill punch enemy to death
episode 2: rocket punch enemy to death
episode 3: enemy with thick armor that seems unbeatable: drill rocket punch'd

• Locked thread