Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What is Zacate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I would definitely be willing to spend $190 on a quad core.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alereon posted:

it makes a lot of sense that Sony would switch to AMD given the direction nVidia seems to be going with GPUs.

What does that mean, exactly?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

It would be pretty strange and amazing if MS uses a revamped Cell and Sony goes with a BD variant after pimping Cell as the end all be all of the future back when they released the PS3. Its almost a total reversal in each company's design ideology.

It's not really strange or amazing that Sony promoted something new and expensive and it turned out not to be the next big thing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

So is there any more news about potential Bulldozer performance/release date?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Last I heard, late August for desktop Bulldozer parts. Server chips should be out any day now.

Whoa, that's closer than I expected. I might actually have the patience to wait and see if it's something I'd be willing to buy. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

JustAnother Fat Guy posted:

If those benchmarks are true : :stare::fh:

If those benchmarks are true: I wonder how the four-core model fares (there's no emoticon for that).

• Locked thread