Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

Sinestro posted:

The initial platform kicked the Pentium M's rear end

uh what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

My T42 completely blew my A31 out of the water despite having a lower clock-speed and the same amount of ram, but you know.

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

If you google it, apparently all PS3 models can do 3D despite the HDMI 1.3 limitation. It has something to do with having enough bandwidth compared to HDMI 1.4 and firmware upgrades.

The XBox, meanwhile, cannot, because HDMI 1.2 does not have sufficient bandwidth.

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

Only if you want to play games until the 680 arrives.

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

I would think the 8800GT would be at least somewhat more powerful than the HD4000. I know my 8800GTS could play Skyrim at 1080p pretty easily, I'm not so sure if a HD4000 could do that.

e: on second thought...

ultrabay2000 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 1, 2012

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

I'm waiting on this thread to tell me when this whole thing falls apart and it ends up being Bulldozer II or w/e. Don't let me down again AMD!

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

pixaal posted:

I doubt HP expects to sell many of these and will likely sell them at a high price tag to companies that aren't ready to move off the platform yet.

Somewhere in reading about Itanium I read the average cost of a new Itanium system today was somewhere in the range of 220K~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

feedmegin posted:

Doesn't match my experience (and I am the HPUX/AIX/Solaris sysadmin at my company, effectively). It's more like a tenth that. Of course, it does depend what you're buying and why - we don't need actually-brand-new, high-end gear, but I'm not sure very many people do to be honest given it's now a legacy system.

I guess I found that on the wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itanium#Itanium_9500_.28Poulson.29:_2012 Under Hardware Support -> Systems. Not really sure where that number came from though - doesn't seem to have a source.

• Locked thread