Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
0:00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

thanks

holy poo poo you weren't kidding. andrew was even worse than usual

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Bill making fun of vaccinated audience members wearing masks after he had a breakthrough infection that apparently ruined his vision is so stupid I came here to post about it.
:justpost:

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Bill making fun of vaccinated audience members wearing masks after he had a breakthrough infection that apparently ruined his vision is so stupid I came here to post about it.
:justpost:

I watched a couple minutes of a clip of him on Joe Rogan this week, where he almost verbatim said the Skinner out of touch meme. Maher's gimmick was already tired when he adopted it, and has only gotten more annoying.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
god, what a loving turd he is.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/13/joe-rogan-bill-maher-trash-big-pharma-vaccines-dont-trust-them/

bonus lol at the "best" comment

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/YeahStill/statu...mber%3D1141pti9

not the worst thing maher has done by a long shot, but MAN, i can't believe i used to be a fan of this douche

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What is that? Did someone give him another show?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

no he's on another podcast or...some poo poo, not sure

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
He does his own podcast now, Club Random, to talk about things non-political and get high. I see his hot takes manage to get even worse. He also has a new stand up special, #adulting, coming. He just needs to get his late night show on Fox News already.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

not the worst thing maher has done by a long shot, but MAN, i can't believe i used to be a fan of this douche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRkE_Gv6ALM

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Mr Interweb posted:

This is honestly the hardest I've laughed at anything Maher has done in years. Laughed at.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Super Deuce posted:

This is honestly the hardest I've laughed at anything Maher has done in years. Laughed at.

No kidding. This is incredible.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

banned from Starbucks posted:

What is that? Did someone give him another show?

So far 7.5+ hours has been released. Soon hundreds of more hours of Bill smoking and drinking stuff from his exclusive club will be released to the world for free.

Welcome to Club Random:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-3TcavmPyRSMiklKwIx8zAFdfydjOglx

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bill has used that clip of a guy on a bike stealing stuff out of Walgreens like ten times now (in his new rules segment).

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

"[Protesting outside a judges house] is wrong...its against the law....would you want this outside your house?!"

shows the most benign clip of people protesting

hahahaha

edit: oh drat now hes verbally blowing elon musk at levels i didnt think possible

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
It's amazing how Bill Maher has gone full right wing in the span of a few years.

Also, while the increase of crime is concerning, it's not like these days is a lawless Purge in real-life. Crime has gotten back up to the same levels of the 2000s and still is nowhere near the peak of the early 1990s.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
People should protest outside of Bill Mahers House until he can think of a good joke.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Have any brave soldiers ventured into this?

How bad is it?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Wow...it's just amazing how more dumb Bill Maher keeps getting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMBzfUj5zsg

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
0:00

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

About ten years ago, I was walking down Hollywood Boulevard like an rear end in a top hat, like one does sometimes, and someone came up to me asking if I wanted to go to a taping of Real Time.

I was a fan at the time, and I said, "Sure!"

I was told to go to a lot and get on a bus, did so, and then sat outside the studio for two hours, before being being made to give up my cell phone, then ushered into the set. Bill came out and did a bit of his shtick, impossibly caked in makeup, I never believed so much makeup could be applied to a person. The only time I have seen so much makeup applied was on various corpses I've seen at funerals.

And then the show began.

But it wasn't actually for that show's "live" taping, this was at like 3 PM Pacific time, turned out it ended up being because this was the only time Maher could get a live segment with Bill O'Reilly done. O'Reilly wasn't there, it was a remote appearance, but I guess it didn't fit into O'Reilly's schedule otherwise.

Maher taped his show for that Friday a few hours later (and none of us in this audience were there) and what I saw was spliced into the show I watched later that night, they played it on the big screen and the real audience reacted like it was live. BING BONG BOOM, done.

My main recollection of this isn't being bussed to the studio, standing outside in the heat for two hours waiting for His Majesty to be ready to film, instead it's of the two absolute brutes he had standing between the stage and the audience, two man-mountains who glared nonstop at the audience with a look that said "Come on and try to run up on the stage. I will break you in half."

I was laughing out loud at one point because Maher is actually capable of being funny, and I remember locking eyes with one of these apes while laughing (I was almost in the front row) and he looked at me like he was tempted to murder not just me, but my children and my children's children.

Anyway, that's my Bill Maher story.

e: also Maher is maybe 5'4", and weighs maybe 130 (~145 with the makeup they put on his giant loving head). Also, he is a oval office.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 21, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Just :gas: this loving thread already, jesus gently caress

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Bill Maher ape security spotted

e: I am not using "ape" as a pejorative for Black men, the goons in front of the stage were very much white men, who were total loving apes. Does "mooks" work better for you?

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 21, 2022

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Actually kinda surprised how tame Adam Carolla was. Only 2 lovely jokes and none of his usual dumb old man ranting shtick. I was expecting some solid quotes of stupidity and left disappointed.

Total let down by the Aceman.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wow...it's just amazing how more dumb Bill Maher keeps getting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMBzfUj5zsg

Well that was thoroughly unfunny. As this poster said

Gonzo McFee posted:

People should protest outside of Bill Mahers House until he can think of a good joke.

or at least until he gets NEW jokes.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Sorry for doublepost but I finally found the clip that made me stop watching where Bill Maher argues the rich pay enough in taxes. Its ready to start where the clip starts and I can't vouch for the guy in the corner. I just wanted the clip of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rObqzpk6j7M&t=51s

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

limp_cheese posted:

Sorry for doublepost but I finally found the clip that made me stop watching where Bill Maher argues the rich pay enough in taxes. Its ready to start where the clip starts and I can't vouch for the guy in the corner. I just wanted the clip of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rObqzpk6j7M&t=51s

If 65,000 out of 8 million pay 51% of the taxes the answer is that maybe we need to create a new type of economy so 65,000 people don't have a majority of capital power.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lol at paying 51% of taxes and still being so ungodly wealthy that it doesn't put a single dent in your lifestyle and still whining and moaning about it.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

its also always worth pointing out that the mythical america that right wingers love to pine for was in part only possible because of the insanely high by todays standard tax rates of 90%+ at top end brackets under eisenhower

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K9iraxOWCk

Lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i aint clickin that lol

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug
Physics needs to explain how Kellyanne Conway hasn't collapsed into a black hole of bullshit.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I assumed, for some reason, that she was the initial guest who he talks to for ten minutes, but no. She’s an actual panelist.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Was Wests mic off? Couldn't hear a single thing he was saying the entire interview.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

banned from Starbucks posted:

Was Wests mic off? Couldn't hear a single thing he was saying the entire interview.

I heard him okay. You could check the replay on YouTube.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Maher's play at a Masterstroke Analogy availing Erdogan and Duterte this week may well be the dumbest god drat thing, or at least among the Top 5, he's ever said---a testament only bolstered by his guests being so terrible that they didn't even seem to blink at it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Bill Maher is going to endorse and donate to Ron DeSantis in 2024.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao Maher didn't know the government spent trillions to prop up the stock market and also wasn't aware COVID caused it to crash.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao Maher didn't know the government spent trillions to prop up the stock market and also wasn't aware COVID caused it to crash.

Yeah, he forgot about March 16th, 2020 for sure. A 3,000 point DJIA drop doesn't happen too often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's amazing how Bill Maher has gone full right wing in the span of a few years.

Also, while the increase of crime is concerning, it's not like these days is a lawless Purge in real-life. Crime has gotten back up to the same levels of the 2000s and still is nowhere near the peak of the early 1990s.

During the last four years or so I feel like there has been a trend of figures who criticized the bush administration during the 2000s and have had their minds broken by the trans rights movment being a thing and consequently had very substantial reactionary turns: Maher, Rogan, Chapel and Greenwald all come to mind. That list is broad but I would argue there is a libertairainish thread of thought that runs through them and today they are horribly confused by pronouns not referring to a person's genitals.