Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

Former Human posted:

I like Julian Schnabel's films but Bill really needs to drop the fourth guest altogether. All it does is slow down the show and cut out a ton of time from the panel discussion.

I thought the format was better last year when he brought more political people like Taibbi and that batshit conservative black chick on as the fourth guest, but the people last year have been horrible. I was really liking the panel this week (especially Bernie) and that boring director guy brought all the momentum to a halt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

cheap sunglasses posted:

I take it you don't watch the Daily Show.

The Daily Show videos are here

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

Steinuh posted:

Bill is returning this Friday. I can't wait, no Bill for 2 months sucks.
I'm glad Bill's back tonight, but Reihan Salam is insufferable and is making this nearly unwatchable.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
Tonight's discussion on how great the drone strikes are is difficult to watch. At least there are a couple smart guys on the panel.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

ApexAftermath posted:

I've liked the military guy in the past but god drat I wanted to slap the poo poo out of him.

What makes anyone think Snowden is going to get anything close to resembling a fair trial if he came back? These people are loving idiotic if they really believe he will.
I like how he said Snowden should come back and say argue his side on Real Time, like he would be anywhere near Real Time or any TV/radio show if he came back. He'd be in solitary for at least a decade, probably the rest of his life.

As Ellsburg pointed out, if prosecuted under the Espionage Act, Snowden would not be allowed to argue that his leaks were in the public interest, nor would he be allowed to testify before the public at all.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
Yeah, not a great show. I know Bill's a fan, but I wish he would have asked Pelosi some tougher questions. Don't think I've ever seen him let someone talk so much.

The only part I enjoyed was Seinfeld's smug amusement every time Maher tried a joke or bit that didn't kill. Also haven't watched the stand up special yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

ApexAftermath posted:

Anyone watching tonight? I'm hearing it's a good one.

Yup, watching live. I was liking it - starting with Warren and a fairly good panel. And then Bill brought that asshat fellow Muslim hater on and it was amazing to see Ben Affleck call them on their bullshit, and to watch Ben, Michael Steele, and New York Times guy all agree on how racist Bill and asshat's beliefs are.