Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Didn't read through the thread so sorry in advance if this is already answered, but is it hard to get tickets to the show? I've sent e-mails and called the number and left messages. Heard nothing back. I'm wondering now if I'm trying too hard and it is as simple as going there and standing in line. I would prefer tickets since I won't be in California long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I really wish Frum would have answered Joy Behar when she asked him "if conservatives think Obamacare has so many problems, why can't they introduce ways to fix the problems?" It infuriates me that is never answered by conservatives and most of the media lets them get away with it. I know the answer is probably "it can't be fixed", but just once I wish they would at least pretend to have a serious answer.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Steinuh posted:

Ya they're on break this week. Has anyone ever gotten tickets to the show? I requested some a few weeks ago and wasn't sure when they notified you if you got them.

Give it time. I called them 3 weeks out for some tickets and they called 4 days before. They also returned all three of my calls. 4 days before each of the shows, but they returned them all. That was too short notice for me so I didn't take them. No idea if by e-mail works any better.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

comes along bort posted:

Wasserman Schultz is very much of the tribe. Her Cuba comment was dumb because she couldn't just admit the truth that our foreign policy is highly selective and somewhat arbitrary, and there's still too many old school cold war hardliners in the government for us to make nice with Cuba until well after both Castros are dead and we've annexed the place into Puerto Rico pt. 2.

I lost it when she said countries have to earn the right to have diplomatic relations with the US. When did we become so loving special that having diplomatic relations with us is a gift to the other country? I want to point to that poo poo when I have people be genuinely surprised when I tell them the rest of the world thinks we are arrogant assholes.

The cold war thing is really telling as well. I have family members that still believe Russia is our enemy and is going to team up with China against us. America always needs an enemy to be scared of it seems.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Just caught last week's overtime. Have to say, I love these long Overtimes. If only for the weird moments when Tyson goes from being a genius to critical mass levels of ignorance.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

ApexAftermath posted:

So...uhh...what happened with Anthony Weiner?

The scandal is he "accidently" posted a close-up picture of his hard dick under his underwear on the internet so some girl could see it that wasn't his wife. He denies it for a while before the media figures out this isn't a one time occurance. Media has a seizure, Republicans ride the Moral Outrage dragon for a while, Democrats tell him to gently caress off. He resigns because of "reasons" and disappears for a while before trying to run for New York City Mayor. He obviously didn't gently caress off as long as he was supposed to and failed miserably in the primary.

This is the first I've seen of him in a while and I dare say I missed him.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I forgot he was there until they showed him on camera. Even during the interview Nas seemed really uncomfortable.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Brodie posted:

Yeah hipster reporters aside VICE really visually shows the things it's covering to the point it's hard to ignore. I think it should be required viewing for Americans or anybody who lives in a fishbowl. Anything to bring people a little bit outside their "bubble".

I showed my grandmother, who is an avid Fox News watcher that owns all of O'Reilly's books, this show and she was really interested in it. I think she missed the point when she asked me during the Pakistan/India episode while the Pakistanis were protesting:

"How can they protest all the time, don't they have jobs?"

"No. That is part of why they are protesting."

"Well why don't they just open a factory then and create jobs. It isn't hard."

"No one has money and they might be murdered just opening the factory by religious extremists."

"Now you are just making excuses" :psyduck:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I almost turned off the program when the first exchange was:

Bill: We wasted $4 trillion on the wars. What do you think the opportunity cost of that was and would that money have been better spent at home?

Senor: We already spend too much money at home and get no results. Look at the Baltimore school system.

Then watching him on OT made me want to reach through my monitor and choke that piece of poo poo.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The actual show is getting worse but I would watch Tyson and Dawkins discuss science every week like what was on Overtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GECUXsGL2qc

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Slightly Toasted posted:

I realized today that bill maher is pretty much the only thing I watch in the tv package that includes hbo.

I don't know that I can justify it.

I know its been said before, but check out Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. That show should not be as good as it is and is worth the HBO subscription by itself.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I'll watch it when I'm making dinner or when I'm bored and I have a hard time watching the whole thing. Its always a bad sign when the audience is already groaning and booing him after the first joke in the monolauge and he has ro yell at his audience a few times a show to lighten up. His comedy is just awful and the show would improve immensly if they got rid of the monolauge and whatever "comedy" he has planned in the middle.

They also give a platform to people with horrific viewpoints. I know its all in the service of "getting both sides of the argument" but the right wing people just come off as monsters while Bill defends them while acting like there's nothing he can do. Mother fucker you're the host, maybe don't invite someone like Ann Coulter on. I don't care if you're friends and probably gently caress buddies, stop giving her a platform to promote her views.

This show should have not been renewed and allowed to die quietly.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Like a month ago he argued raising taxes on the rich in New York is bad because the rich pay the most in taxes and there is only so much rich people are willing to take. That was the last straw for me.

I wish I could rind a clip but I couldn't. Just dumbfounded listening to Bill Maher argue taxes are too high on the rich and if they get any higher they are going to leave New York.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wow...it's just amazing how more dumb Bill Maher keeps getting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMBzfUj5zsg

Well that was thoroughly unfunny. As this poster said

Gonzo McFee posted:

People should protest outside of Bill Mahers House until he can think of a good joke.

or at least until he gets NEW jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Sorry for doublepost but I finally found the clip that made me stop watching where Bill Maher argues the rich pay enough in taxes. Its ready to start where the clip starts and I can't vouch for the guy in the corner. I just wanted the clip of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rObqzpk6j7M&t=51s