Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Harman just kept up rambling poli-speak filibuster points over and over again. Dems need angry motherfuckers not "bi-partisan" careerists.

Morello would have been better if they gave him more time so he didn't have to rage and hammer out all his bullet points so quickly. I think he should have gone after John Avlon as well regarding the 9-11 stuff but he seemed interested in just plugging his stuff quickly and leaving it at that. Nobody is saying the USA "Deserved" it, just that we are a global rear end in a top hat in a lot of ways as well as a viable target and we shouldn't have been surprised by it and shocked and awed that someone would attack "are" freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
yeah THIS IS "ARE" COUNTRY, MORANS!

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

escape artist posted:

It's hard not to be arrogant when your opposition is today's Republican party.

This times 1,000,000.

How the gently caress does one even muster up the strength to argue and try to persuade today's "conservative" when most of them literally believe that Adam and Eve walked hand and hand with their pet triceratops to go hear jesus lead bible study and who render any and all demand side economic proposals as "class warfare" and "communism" and who literally think "I'm gonna get mine too fags if I support Donald Trump getting more tax breaks and being able to legally rip people off and then dump nuclear waste on a school playground." They are mentally ill.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Walter Cronkite owns.

It's sad that he would literally have to have his own cable show to be able to actually put out that statement now instead of on the CBS Evening News. Typical Fox News viewers would get confused by the use of full sentences, "big words" and metaphorical prose as well.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Ron Christie has a very punchable face.

Sexy Larry King :swoon:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Godinster posted:

That Republican wearing the stupid loving Hawaiian shirt with the stupid loving necklace reminded me of my old "I'M NOT RACIST IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS" racist uncle.

WELCOME to Coastal Orange County aka The John Birch Society of Newport Beach.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I dig NGT, his interview this week on NPR loving owned. He brought up all the technology advances that came about (microprocessors, etc) because of NASA and how we just loving blow it off now like "OH NERDS." I hope at least some kids were watching his Nova shows and I look forward to his take on Cosmos as well (I'm old enough to remember the first Carl Sagan version.)

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 4, 2012

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Maddow got clearly rattled early in that show and basically just freaked out from then on. She came across unprepared and defensive and seemed to not really be there at all until New Rules (you could at least hear her laughing.) She had done well in the past so it's not clear what her problem was with Gillespie besides him being a bit douchy/creepy and him talking the most. He wasn't nearly as bad as most of the random Neocon/CNBC broads that are on the show (or that Kennedy bitch) who just would scream over everyone and furtively attempt to "jedi mind scramble topic change" mid argument.

I doubt its easy to get new guests on this show, so you can't blame BM for trotting out the same folks twice or more per season. I'm sure they aim to get opinionated and somewhat interesting people (no matter how loathsome their positions may be) but finding those that will show up and participate is another story.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I would love to hear from a booker/producer from the show to let us know how hard it is to get guests, especially "conservatives." They have literally no reason to be there unless they are promoting a book or some new teabagger website or something - or just like to troll Bill and the other guests/audience. I guess in some respects the same could be said for the drop in's but since most of them are actors/musicians/tv people who cares.

Salam is there because he'll show up. He'll have a list of talking points and crap he's paid to puke out by some think tank and he does it, usually by yelling over everyone else, changing the subject, and being horribly annoying - so it was particularly heartwarming that the crazy Entertainment channel bird shut him the gently caress down right off the bat.

As bad as he is he's still better than the Surfer Bob Dornan and screaming Kennedy types.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
tbh, you could sorta read "The Fountainhead" and just get from it "hey there is this weird but sorta gifted loner rapist guy who violently resists selling out and eats poo poo and is broke for a long time and then finally gets his due" without reading into all the political garbage buried in it. That's really more how the movie version read it as well if I remember right.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
It would have been better if they just had Aasif Mandvi acting in character as Romney's mouthpiece.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

ApexAftermath posted:

So....how is it tonight?

Christine O'Donnell and Bill made out at the beginning.

The lady on the panel was annoying but David Simon in the last segment made up for her.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
nope, just the beginning "chair" segment, she didn't come off as completely deranged and they made fun of their 1990's hair from the "PI" days.

New Rules kind of sucked, in hindsight, as well.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Fragmented posted:

Oh man David Simon was hilarious in overtime. His body language screamed "oh my god Bill how could you sit me next to this crazy lady."

Wow, she just launched head first into "nutter" mode for OT. Good girl! :v:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The guy in the middle and the MSNBC lady needed not be there as they both were horrific. I skipped vast portions of it watching on my PC and HBO-GO. The other guy (who has been there a lot before) is horrible but not in the same way they were.

Taibbi held his own and called out some bullshit they were spewing and the New Rules pizzadouchelord rant made up for the panel but yeah overall pretty "meh."

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 22, 2012

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Concur about Steele......seems massively reasonable for a GOPer and doesn't scream and spit over everyone even the semi annoying canadian liberal lady, no wonder they ran him out (and the strip club stuff too I imagine).

HIBBA BIBBA!

New Rules owned again and watching Spitzer laugh his rear end off was refreshing and the show pretty much scrubbed off the stink of those assclowns last week.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 27, 2012

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Her noontime MSNC show is not completely horrible and she isn't nearly as annoying as she was last night. She basically just acts as a ringleader for some other people making quips but there are no "OBBBUMER" rants. However, I've only seen it a few times so perhaps she goes full nuclear Glenn Beck if she starts feeling too "soft."

I'm thinking she just tries to be devil's advocate on Bill's show as well as try to obnoxiously keep her Fox News "anti-liberal bonus points" at a certain level so she can keep appearing there too.

Carville owns, "pine on skull" is my new favorite saying.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The Republican lady from Miami says something about "Obbbaumaa lied about the reason for the Benghazi attack - Patraeus said so today derp derp derp!" and Bill goes "you only got that from what your GOP sources (FOX NEWS) are spouting, none of the actual transcripts have been released" and then the lady mutters under her breath "yeah, yer right."

EDIT: Refer to the link Buddy Ryan posted, Patraeus testified today at a hearing.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 17, 2012

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Loved Bill's religious rant at the end this week it was so needed after 2 solid weeks of Pope-a-mania.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Yeah, that's why I think he probably writes those bits himself, regardless of whether or not they are 100% biblically correct per biblegoons. It's just enjoyable to watch him expose the hypocrisy of religion in any way.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I was casually hoping Bernie's wandering right arm was going to "accidentally" backfist Huntsman in the face at some point and make her cry.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
It's only the blowhards like Moore that will even go on the show for the most part anyway. Outlets like RTWBM serve only as "outlets" for whatever message they have been programmed to deliver. Don't expect any actual discussion. It's not like there is a line of reasonable normal conservatives out there begging to get on his show (not if they ever want to go on Fox News or attend CPAC or the Heritage Foundation Golf Tournanment ever loving again).

Hell, if I was Bill I'd throw completely random questions at them like where do they like to vacation, what is their favorite drink, favorite sports team, etc just to gently caress with them and see if they have to call someone before they answer.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Amy Holmes has been on there at least once per season....she was really mellow this time though.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm 44 and there was a huge gap between Iran hostage, 83 Lebanon USMC barracks, to WTC 1 in 93.

We grew up waiting for Russia to drop nukes, not terrorists hitting our soil. We were aware of all the 70's European poo poo like Munich/Red Army/Baader Meinhof/Carlos et al, though it just wasn't anything we were worried about ever coming here.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I was getting more of a roided out Church of Satan vibe from that guy, tbh.

...and call me old and (no I don't live in Brooklyn and have a giant beard) but when I first heard of "VICE" the tv show (I guess it was spawned by a mag) I was thinking police "vice" type poo poo not horrible poo poo happening across the world. It's a great show but I think they miss out on some viewers that may just pass through it thinking it's a cop show or something.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
They should have had Craig Ferguson on instead of that shithead.....and the blonde lady is always funny, in a batshit insane way - because she's so nice about her horrible positions.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Dan O'Neill is/was basically an auto reviewer for WSJ and other place like that Adam Corolla show last year and I think he did pretty well and was good and putting facts out there without frothing at the mouth. I can't remember if he's been on before but I wanted him to review a car for the gently caress of it midway.

The think tank guy and cute sorority GOP "stratergy" girl were always on message like bought mouthpieces always are, no surprises there - but neither were extraordinarily repulsive and rude, like a lot of them are - so there's that.
:smith:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
^that's it exactly.

They do not want, will not train and will not hire a 22 yo for that "$40k" job, they want a 30 yo with $100k equivalent experience for that "$40k" job and will sit there with their arms crossed and wait until someone is hosed enough to do it for them. If that doesn't work they'll outsource the mechanical engineering, maintenance to some company that sets up in Alabama or Texas and brings in $12/hr slaves to do it in the same way Airline maintenance is done now. Race to the bottom. You can't keep the execs flush in bonuses and stock option windfalls without crushing the worker scum!

Rowe's Dirty Jobs experience was mostly dealing with super small locally owned pig slop, rodent removal, septic tank type companies as far as I remember - but he seemed to be coming from a good place so let him keep doing it because we do need more focus on trades. Going and putting yourself in $50k debt from Wyotech, ITT and then only finding PT non-benefited work is not the answer either.

I almost turned this show off when Leather Tuscadero got annoying (which was instantly)

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Yeah! Everyone let's go open a "General Store" in a strip mall right across the street from a Wal Mart! I'm sure that will work out well! It's 1850 in America again!

Most likely our "bootstraps" will be cut immediately due to the fact we won't even be able to "rent" the space from the Corporate Strip mall owners, unless we are already a national chain of some sort and even then it would be $25k per month.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
You drat millenials had it too easy in my day we had to drive around all over the loving place to find our drat friends on Friday night!

:corsair:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Get off my lawn you self absorbed millennial twittering twats! :freep: Gen X best Gen, we brought you awesome things like Ronald Reagan, AIDS, and the criminalization of the poor. :colbert:

Bill's also referring to lazy 20-30 something parents that set up basketball hoops in their streets and playgrounds in their backyards or park their kids in front of a tv because they are too lazy and too busy posting pics of their kids or what they had for lunch on Facebook to actually walk their children down the street to the playground without a major effort.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 18, 2014

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
that last VICE episode on the gulf was eye-opening....that place is hosed for the foreseeable future in the name of corporate freedom and liberty.

We all pretty much assumed the place was hosed after 2010 - but by 2012 it had died down and got buried quick and quite frankly by now a lot of folks already forgot about it and assumed all was normal and shrimps' be everywhere.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 19, 2014

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Except anyone who lives in fishbowl just has to be told it's produced by Bill Maher and Fareed Zakaria is an EP, and all of a sudden the glass of the bowl becomes unbreakable.

"I'll bet all that there ice shearin' off wuz dun by 'splosives planted by th' librul media. Al Gore's prob'ly jus' off camera with a fukkin' detonator thingy. An' don't get me started on th' oil - that's all Osabama's fault."

This is totally true - as I was going to suggest to someone rather hard headed that they check out the last "Colorado weed labs and security/money train ancillary businesses opening up" episode and then went "oh gently caress, then they'll see 'BILL MAHER, producer' at the end and totally discount the show."

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

ApexAftermath posted:

Holy poo poo Nicole Wallace is dumb.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
VICE needs to be 60 min long like a Gonzo version of Frontline.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
the sound guy was probably going apeshit and giving signs to fix her fuckin' mike, that was annoying.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I think Kristol's actually good on the show as it seems he has a rapport with Bill that flows well. He also doesn't seem to take anything too seriously. There are so many worse.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

bango skank posted:

I can't pick out any recent examples off the top of my head. I stopped watching when they ignored Occupy until they had enough material for them to mock the movement.
If Maher's not in it to get the laugh why's he always get so pissy when his jokes bomb?

that's definitely a carryover from grinding out thousands of gigs in smelly bars filled with drunk jerks.....he can't help it.

Maher's "Comedians riding in cars with Jerry Seinfeld and then Jerry gets coffee" show is a good view. Maher's been around a long long time.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm watching it right now and there were some more prevalent than usual BOOOO-EEERRS that were messing with Bill and throwing his teleprompter reading off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'll bite.

Evil Lady Hillrod-Lannister-Clinton better loving win unless y'all like the thought of Roger Ailes, the tea party and Pence picking a bunch of fundie freepers for every cabinet position and judge appointment let alone what kind of horrible poo poo they'll cook up with congress just so a small but potentially important block of voters can vote for crazy cat lady, a libertarian, or just get baked and stay home.

I'm in Cal :ca: :420: so it doesn't matter - but for other states and for the popular vote needing to be overwhelming and for possibly upsetting a few GOP congressional seats it does.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 25, 2016