Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I want to kick this Georgia politician in the face for hours on end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

My god new rules was awful. Kevin Smith was awful. And that CNBC bitch was so awful I want to drill a hole in her head and shove an immersion blender in there - it might make her think better.

Even Bill was pretty horrible with his rant about muslims. :ughh:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bango skank posted:

Man, I can understand that Maher doesn't like religion in general, but why's he always have to be such a willfully ignorant racist shitbag when it comes to Islam?

When it comes to most things Maher is a willfully ignorant shitbag, he just knows his audience real well. Him having a show is actually rather unfortunate as he is along the same lines as the Fox News pundits when it comes to sophistication. He's not all that much unlike Fox News pundits aside from his show not professing to be actual news or being on a news channel. His islamophobia (and his dumbass vaccination paranoia) is just what trips the bullshit detector real hard because for the most part he tends to parrot the views of the pathetic mess that accounts for the mainstream US "left."

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TLG James posted:

I think he's sick of all religions. I agree with him on that aspect.

Oh he is, but he doesn't appear to think that Christianity is an inherently violent religion comprised entirely of people like Fred Phelps and his clan of wackos, but he does appear to think that Islam is 100% terrorists.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Based solely on what color your skin is or whether you've got a dick? No, no you really can't.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tweak posted:

He's saying in a hole where a team of men are racing a team of women to dig under the English Channel, the men would probably finish first. If a baby is crying a woman is probably going to have an easier time consoling the baby over a man.

Why do you think this is the case?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dudebro posted:

I don't know, that's such a complicated question. It just is? Have you ever walked into a university engineering class? How few girls are in there?

There's societal pressures too. Maybe we're unfairly pushing female norms onto young girls by giving them dolls and poo poo to play with instead of blocks or something. Is this the case? Do you know? Females are the only ones who can have babies so maybe it's something with that that pushes them towards fields that aren't like engineering and carpentry.

I was going to go into the whole gender norms thing because that's basically it but forums poster Tweak appears to be too stupid to even be led down the garden path.

But yes.

Here is a handy cartoon that radically oversimplifies the issue at hand but this isn't D&D and I don't even post in D&D so I don't care and you probably don't either:

e: vvvvvv go easy on Dudebro man, he's at least being open to new ideas.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 18, 2011

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

cheap sunglasses posted:

This entire show has been nonstop obnoxious and the two people who actually Know A Thing have been totally shut out.

I'm watching on a time delay but gently caress this Israeli ambassador dickbag.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Wooooow. 10 minutes in and this idiot first guest has proven himself to be a huge loving idiot. "lol Libya war is being led by the Mounties," "step foot," "cruise missile liberals."

How bad will this week get?

e: oh boy, now Bill and the panel are talking about how Obama masterminded the whole Libya thing. It was France and the UK you goddamn retards.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 26, 2011

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Former Human posted:

Jeremy Scahill has always been a jackass. He always name-drops random people he met once (like his "special forces buddy") to sound invested in the story and then knee-jerk criticizes every move the US makes. He loves to be a contrarian. Last year he was up in arms that Obama hadn't pulled out all troops in Afghanistan immediately, so someone asked him "won't that lead to chaos and a return of the Taliban? What can we do as an alternative?" He sat there stone faced and wouldn't answer.

See, he's such a jackass that even though I agree that we should pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq immediately, full stop, 100%, tomorrow, he's an idiot.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

In case anyone is wondering it is actually completely bullshit that having your cell phone or whatever on will gently caress with a plane's systems.

e: man it's really weird to see two brits going back and forth on how to fix the US's financial situation.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 9, 2011

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dudebro posted:

That was pretty decent. I usually disagree that the interview guest is useless, but this time the comedian guy didn't add anything.

Colin Quinn isn't a comedian.

He is a black hole of comedy, where laughter goes to die and happy emotions are unable to escape the vortex of anti-comedy.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I want to hit Breitbart with a blue whale. God this is horrible.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

pkd88 posted:

The biggest problem was that nobody (well me and I am the one that counts...) understood what they were talking about. What was he supposed to apologize for?

I was confused too until they started talking about Sherrod's comments that the conservatives retardedly twisted into her being "racist" despite the whole message being how she overcame racism.

It does seem like an awfully dated issue to bring up though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hoooo boy, off to a horrible start. Tiger Mom turbobitch as the guest.

And bill agrees with this bitch. Which, I guess isn't surprising since he's said he hates children.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 21, 2011

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ApexAftermath posted:

You don't think there is this "child worship" thing going on with middle-upper class American society?

EDIT: Honestly what was so bad about her? I'm watching it right now and she isn't even that over the top. She's actually pretty fair and honest I guess. Not sure what you were watching.

Let me guess, first time you've heard of her?

She's a psychotic who abused her children for crazy misguided (and more than a little racist) reasons and then wrote a book. But yeah she knows how to come off sounding reasonable in a 4 minute softball interview.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dudebro posted:

Her kids don't hate her for their upbringing either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Google it if you want to know the crazy abusive poo poo she did to her kids, I'm not going to do your homework for you.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ApexAftermath posted:

He did kinda seem like he was boozed up or something.

He always seems well on his way to drunk.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

LuisX posted:

Bill has been calling himself a liberal for quite a while now though.

I would not call Penn a conservative. I do not know of any other conservative that will be totally ok with LBGT marriages, legalized drugs and hookers.

The lolbertarian ones usually are if you push them on it. By and large they're the same as regular conservatives but are actually somewhat ideologically consistent with the "government outta mah life!" bullshit (if you push them on it) when it comes to drugs/gays/etc. It's basically a way for youngish white males to subscribe to "gently caress you got mine" while remaining somewhat socially acceptable by abandoning a few unpopular social positions the rank and file hold. Beyond that though it's just straight up crazy people like Ron Paul.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SpaceMost posted:

I can't stand Keith Olbermann. As smug and condescending as Bill Maher can be, at least he doesn't come across as a wildly inauthentic simulacrum of a liberal.

Olbermann is serious, Maher is a comedian. Both feel like schtick.

On one hand, you get feigned outrage, on the other, you get incessant pot jokes. It's really apples and oranges.

That's not to say I don't like their shows in small doses. But there's a reason both guys have been banished from networks with a lot more people watching them.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I don't think I've ever seen Olbermann interview many hostile (for lack of a better term) guests but I think he just does the EXCUSE ME SIR thing rather than have his production crew cut the other person's mic like O'Reilly does. I mean now that he's buried in deep dark cable, who's going on his show anymore anyway, but even back on MSNBC. Also to my knowledge Olbermann doesn't sexually harass his female employees like BillO does.

So there's that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I almost feel bad for Mos Def there. He's just completely out of his depth with Hitchens and Rushdie sitting there (as pretty much anyone would be).

But if I remember that episode right he was annoying as hell for most of it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I want to beat Grover Norquist to death with a leadgold pipe.

e: and Ron Christie. I knew I hated this oval office before, but I had never seen him in person.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 29, 2011

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

gently caress you Bill Maher. "Hurrr liberal arts degrees are worthless poo poo for faggots *gets liberal arts degree, becomes millionaire*, well I mean it's cool if you're awesome like me :smug:."

And the biggest loving travesty is that literally everyone missed the point. Education should be free. For everyone.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Being older means you benefited from the post-WWII (now apparent) bubble in the american economy and from the period before corporations became or were enabled to become completely amoral during the tail end of the cold war. Not much more. Being older certainly doesn't make someone the 1%, they just got less hosed than those of us who are younger. It's not that those people are necessarily bad, it's that wages haven't kept pace with inflation, that the wealth gap has increased massively, etc. None of that is the fault of older people, but a whole shitload of them don't seem to realize that things have changed.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Wooty posted:

We should all become comedians on HBO :)

I wonder what vanishingly small percent of 1% that job opportunity is. "But I knew I was going to be a comedian!" :rolleyes:

I bet it's actually worse than pro-sports player.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

Literally threw a dish I was washing when he said this. Plastic, luckily :haw: I don't need a daily reminder of how I picked a lovely degree, nor do I need to hear it coming out of his oval office-like face.

What was the timeframe for that 89,000 arts graduates figure? The last five years?

What really pisses me off is that I really bought into his line of thinking. I have a "useless" undergrad degree too, so I went to grad school, and now I have debt I will probably never get out from under and another degree that would be useful in Maher's world, except I would literally kill myself if I made a life of it. I don't think he's ever considered that aspect of what he's saying, and it's not just me.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ApexAftermath posted:

I thought about making a new OP but honestly I've never made one yet and didn't want to make a lovely one. If no one else wants to make one I can throw one together tomorrow at some point. Way too tired right now to do a decent job of it.

Is it even a new season? I don't think we really need one anyway, it's usually just the same half dozen or so of us anyway.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Finally got around to watching this today. Much better panel than last week, except for the Sarah Palin guy. Did nobody tell him she's not even remotely relevant anymore? He was pretty useless otherwise too.

I don't know much about Roamer, but I thought he was pretty good and made good points considering he's a republican. Sanders was, as always, awesome. Only decent person in national politics by far. The governor lady was ok.

Bill was almost superfluous this episode, and I really didn't mind that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I feel like an old fart because you kids don't know who Kennedy is.

But that is tempered by the fact that she was annoying as gently caress.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

You don't understand man, that one time they had to call Denny's corporate to complain about the dirty foreign who didn't refill their bacon barge fast enough they had to press 1 for english! :argh:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well, this one wasn't TOO bad, but holy gently caress am I enraged over Bill and the panel's irrational stupidity over nuclear power. Nuke is basically our only option, and they all clearly have no understanding of it. And then they go on to poo poo on wind and solar? Holy poo poo. They aren't great, but they are good, and once again, nuke is the answer.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That was good until the GM guy came out.

I'm not asking for an echo chamber, but they've had conservatives that weren't complete idiots before.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

magiccarpet posted:

You must be some kind of idiot to go on national tv and try to debate Tyson on global warming.

Well you have to be some kind of idiot to deny global warming in the first place so yeah.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Yeah, would've much rather had Tavis on the panel again, or Cornel West swoop down from the rafters after the book plug for it, than that incredibly smug guy that added nothing to it but smug. To his credit, such that it can be, he at least didn't go on a loud interrupting spree.

That would have been way better yeah. Who was the smug little prick anyway? Some guy who runs a right wing website? Is it even a big one?

Tavis Smiley is a guy I need to learn more about though. He perfectly articulated why I hate Obama/the democrats and why I hope the mandate is found unconstitutional.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rochallor posted:

He has a show on NPR that you could look for. I don't like it enough to listen to the podcast for it, but I will plan to drive somewhere about the time it comes on. He usually has pretty interesting guests on and he's a pretty cool guy anyways.

I definitely will. I like NPR but when I tune in it's mostly The Incredibly Old Lady or Kojo Naaaaaaaaaaandi! that's on.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ApexAftermath posted:

I honestly don't know what to believe. They brought up the pink slime stuff and yeah holy poo poo wtf, but then I've read so much stuff on SA saying the pink slime stuff is overblown or misrepresented.

Remember Bill Maher's other opinions on food/medicine. He's not really who I'd look to for information on the whole "pink slime" slow news week controversy. If you read about what it actually is you probably won't understand what people are angry about.

The only real reason to care about it one way or another is that the cost savings probably weren't passed on to us anyway. (before getting into the fact that several hundred people lost their jobs because the media needed something to fill air)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ApexAftermath posted:

Ugh. In the top 5 worst guests ever probably.

Maybe if we're super lucky Mos Deff will be the last panel member! :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

fart blood posted:

To all of you discussing your worst panel ideas....have you all forgotten when Robin Williams was on the panel many years ago? He was the only one Bill Maher looked like he wanted to run over with his fists. He was loving unbearable.

I had repressed that memory, thanks a lot, jerk.