Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

comes along bort posted:

The story behind Matt Kibbe and Dick Armey's fallout at FreedomWorks is pure comedy though.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/dick-armey-freedomworks-kibbe-book-contract-smoking-gun

Republicans: Never not self-serving pieces of greedy poo poo. I love how petty and vindictive all the Republicans are, for it will end in all of them dying alone and vilified in history for destroying America for roughly 3 decades straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Even if you're bitching about him being a secular supremacist, that's about culture, not race. To say a population that abhors or ignores religion is better since they're smarter is hardly the same as saying "the Arabs are of impure blood and must be purged from this world in atomic hellfire."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Spalding posted:

What is Mary Matalin on?

Being a complete whore for Republican ideas in spite of marrying a smart person. She HAS to know that nothing those loving idiots from the neolithic intellectually says can possibly be true, just based on observations and reality. So she's on Intentional Ignorance juice.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Supporting, voting for, campaigning for, or even donating to any given Democrat is still superior because Republicans are just flat-out loving evil and do nothing but try to hurt minorities and make poor people poorer and rich people richer. So yeah, even in the case of Obama it's still better than Romney (or literally any Republican).

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Well, you see, women are typically liberals (because of the whole thing where Republicans are now firmly pro-rape and anti-abortion (even in the case of the rapes they're so fond of)) and that means women should be discouraged from politics because there's literally zero in the way of ideology behind things anymore: It's all end result, no thought to making palatable the how. That's why you see STATES RIGHTS arguments and then see them immediately abandoned when it comes to something like abortion or gay marriage, because it doesn't actually matter if the states were to choose; they just want gays legally bashed and even one state choosing to allow gay marriage for themselves would be a good thing for people that Republicans hate. A fantastic example of this? Rand Paul. He was bitching and moaning about the surveillance state and Obama using drones so much that he actually filibustered something instead of just THREATENING to filibuster to prevent anything from happening, like Republicans have been doing lately. Well, a few weeks later the Boston marathon was bombed and Rand Paul IMMEDIATELY brought up how drones should be used in America to keep track of everyone at the street level and people like those bombers and even robbery suspects could be asploded with a Hellfire missile and that would be fine by him. Where was the ideological consistency between those two points?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Darrell Issa is one of the worst human beings alive.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"Sarah Palin and Rick Santorum said it would kill their children." Rick Santorum is doing a good enough job on that count, we don't even need Obamacare's help!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Then when Bill put him on the spot and said "what is the worst case of racism you have experienced?" And Bill kept pressing the issue.

He could've pulled up the anecdote from his show (RIP :( ) where he polled blacks and Latinos in NYC and found a loving 500% hit rate on Stop & Frisks. Like, every single person who wasn't white was hit up a half-dozen times, while zero whites were. That's SOMETHING LIKE RACISM, BILL! Also, this show is proof that Republicans can bring nothing constructive to any setting whatsoever. There've been a handful of episodes that were tolerable in the last few years, all of them without a single Republican on the panel. I wish Bill would either stop booking anyone in elected office with an (R) next to their name. It'd increase the quality of the show tenfold, combine that with losing the comedy bits written by the worst loving hacks in LA and you might have a show worth watching now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Bill Maher: "It's such a roar-satch test."

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow. D'Souza can't defend an argument for poo poo. Also yeah, wow Bill really hates Muslims.

Because D'Souza is wrong on everything and has no argument of validity to use to defend his lovely loving beliefs and shittier loving actions. He's on a long list of Republicans I would have put on trial for crimes against the public in misinforming them about every topic he speaks on.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

punk rebel ecks posted:

I love how Bill Maher kept referencing shitholes like Afghanistan and Somalia of why Muslim countries are always barbaric but ignored Indonesia and Turkey.

Would you want to live in Indonesia? Does anyone want to except for the people in various places at the bottom of all quality of life lists like Afghanistan?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy poo poo, that stupid loving blonde oval office with the sunken eyes and face that looks like it's been through every war in history said that scientists are all being paid to claim climate change is a big thing. God drat, what a ridiculous loving statement from a bitch made rich from the actual people doing that: The Kochs and other polluters.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Painfully smug panel when it came to mining, fracking, and the entire lot of things couched jobs trumping all---I don't believe the pollster lady has ever had an appearance where she wasn't insufferable...and OT clinched it with the bizarre abortion derail. Mild chuckles were at least had on the Harlequin reading, which fared better than most of the mid-show bits.

Mild hopes for Silverman next week tempered by Frum also joining in.

I can't agree more about how the emphasis on jobs is disgusting. Yeah, no, every goddamn job related to the coal industry really should disappear so that some idiot in West Virginia's low-paying job doesn't end humanity. Sorry, I'm one of those intellectual types who thinks that fake money really ought not condemn the loving future of the planet. I'm one of those crazy liberals like that.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Nukes should be preferable to dumping even more loving carbon into the atmosphere anyway. You can isolate the waste of fission reactors in a mountain in Nevada until we get a space elevator and can safely transport that poo poo up and shoot it into space.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"By visiting soldiers in the hospital, I have experienced the costs of war enough to defend advocating for multiple botched, pointless wars." - David Frum, smart person.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

punk rebel ecks posted:

I think I will officially stop watching this show. Horrible episode. This show use to be insightful to me and I don't know whether it is because it has steadily gotten worse or that I am just more politically educated but drat is this show hard to watch now.

Overtime ruled, however, with the reverend praising Bill's atheism for his actions and what he stands for, stating that most 'Christians' behave like scumbags and support evil poo poo like everything on the GOP party platform. He's exactly the kind of guest they COULD put on every week-- the kind who justify the entire format of political debate shows like this. Sadly, you instead get the level of shitheadedness you see from every conservative who appears on the show. Hell, there's so many examples of them that you can't even name them all and their individual style of being a troll who derails discussion and shits on any proper debate that could happen without them present.

Someone posted on Reddit this last week, which made it to the top for a while, the picture of Dan Savage on the show with Grover Norquist, where Dan makes the joke about religious people thinking god can and does override the basic rules of biology and that he will keep inseminating his husband until god turns his rear end into a womb. Grover had a surly, bland look on his face when someone else was daring to joke on the comedy show he was on. Grover Norquist, of course, said that the Holocaust and taxation are moral equivalents. He literally said that. Any Jewish, gay, Romani, or Slavic person want to chime in and give their personal opinion on how comparable those two things are?

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 19, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
hahahahahahahahahaha, when Reza Aslan said that Amnesty International spent a month in Palestine and state that there's no evidence of human shields being used, the audience went 'ahhhh' as though facts are a political point you disagree with. God loving drat is this show just horrible.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
And vaccines are 100% free of death and cause no harm to the user. gently caress.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Since we don't have anywhere else to talk about VICE, can we at least talk about those loving 'patriot' gun nuts here? Jesus Christ. Cliven Bundy and every motherfucker who flocked to him should've been executed by drone strike. I had no idea so many cop murders could be traced back to that gathering.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Another conservative is absolute scum. For the 500th time in a row.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I always forget what a gross, toad-like gently caress he is. Republicans really have a monopoly on grotesque human beings. Mitch McConnell especially.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
People say they were/are loving. There's no admission on either side. There's still about a 95% chance that it's the case, though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Did you really just loving diss John Oliver?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Immortan posted:

He has the most punchable face ever and a silly accent with hosed up teeth

Fuckin' 'hurf durf' is all I just read.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Zogo posted:

What makes it the possibly finest show in the last decade of TV?

Being funny.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I prefer it significantly to such puerile views as yours.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
But his last name is MOHAMED! That's like Muhammad!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

richardfun posted:

There are many reasons to dislike Maher, but this one is at the top of my list.

I wish we could have a show like this, but with a decent host...

We do, it's called Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. If you mean panel show, and really want to see a trainwreck, check out The Nightly Show to see just how off the rails something like that could end up with someone even more incompetent in charge.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
SE oval office: "Scott Walker is a good man."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Boon posted:

You probably felt real smug typing that, huh

I stopped feeling smug about it a long time ago. Now it just feels right, like a grave injustice being corrected.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I could've sworn that was actually Sanders voicing that bit, too, except I don't think anyone who's probably going to be the nominee and then president would be caught dead in TYOOL 2015 saying 'faggy' into a recording contraption.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I remain hopeful that Bernie will win. He's already leading in a few key states, just let people actually hear of him through these debates and we'll see how many more will turn around.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
All Muslims adhere to a basic belief that Muhammad was the prophet. In spite of him marrying a child bride. I dunno what's more inherently violent than pedophilia.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
gently caress David Frum.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Islam is a problem because its adherents actually believe in its retarded ideology and tenets. If it were a moderated religion practiced by milquetoast adherents like European Christianity is, it would be exactly as threatening to liberal values as every other religion. That's the problem: Its believers believe and that makes them dangerous.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Super Deuce posted:

And please, enlighten me. Since when is it conservative to be intolerant of intolerance?

GETTING gay rights from the idiotic mob is fine. DEFENDING them against another isn't. I guess. It makes no sense to me why opposition to Islamism is treated as some sort of bigotry. There's a real reason to hate Islam itself, and that's its tenets and adherents' behavior.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
There's no way to spin out of the fact that Muslims think apostates should be killed. A MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I would respect suicide bombers more if their aspirations were to go McFeasting in Valhalla, eternally shiny and chrome.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Wrong opinion.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

WaryWarren posted:

america always gets garbage people from england. russell brand, piers morgan, jeremy kyle, the osbournes, the beckhams, john oliver... jeremy clarkson (2017).

John Oliver isn't a garbage person, why the gently caress would you lump him in with that last of idiots? Because Immortan says something disparaging about his appearance, like a retard would?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The exchange tonight about Donald Trump being a 'winner' and Republicans liking that? They're CHILDREN. loving retarded children. Ignoring the fact that Donald Trump took millions of dollars and lost it the first time he had a fortune (handed to him by his father).