Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jesus Christ, Cornel West is the most charismatic and smooth human being I have ever watched speak. Every single thing he says, no matter how unimportant, is just delivered like poetry :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Welp Kevin Smith still sweats like he's running a marathon while just having a conversation. He'll probably be a deflated sack by the end of this.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What happened when Robin Williams was on the show?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I only caught maybe half her segment but I was totally on board with her with the whole "don't let your kids give up when they want to" thing she mentioned. That's totally legit and will do nothing but help a person grow as they get older.

Nothing makes me more sad than when people give up immediately at something they want to do cause they think it's hard or cause they make a mistake :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He challenged you on your stance and that was your defense? That he should go google it himself because you can't be assed to defend your own argument?

:psyduck:

You do know that this a thread about a show that is primarily about discussion right? (Not that that retort would fly anywhere, ever)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ann Coulter is human trash but I think her laugh is kinda cute :shobon:

(It may also help I don't watch the show I just listen to the podcast so I didn't have to actually look at her)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dudebro posted:

You mean "our" and not "are"?

:911:
http://youropenbook.org/?q=%22are+troops%22&gender=any

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hitchens agreed to get water-boarded to test his pro-torture views. That's pretty god drat respectable.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

And lasted only ten seconds or so...

I don't think it was even 10 seconds. I don't think anyone without extensive military training would last longer than he did, really. I remember reading a long post from some dude who waterboarded himself (lol) and the line that really stuck out to me was him explicitly saying he would have sacrificed his wife, his kids, everything he possibly could to get himself out of it.

I don't really have an opinion on it and don't mean in any way to derail this into a torture discussion, I just think that was a bold and respectable move for someone to make to help support their position.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This is where we disagree. I think that in any subject- torture, mp3 player, ice cream- he had an opinion on something, tried it, and as a result of what he experienced he changed his mind. That's the way things are supposed to work, isn't it?

I do get what you're saying though, you are taking issue with how much of a dick he was about his uninformed opinion pre-water boarding. I can get that, but IMO all that should be forgiven since he, unlike literally every other supporter of waterboard, allowed it to be done to himself and went "wow nevermind, I was proven wrong" :shobon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

richardfun posted:

I know it's the View, but it's got Maher in it so I'm posting this clip here.

Watch Elizabeth Hasselbeck give new meaning to the term passive-aggressive.

Also, why the hell would he appear on that show. I'd assume that's about as far away from his target audience as he could possibly get...

My mom told me about this poo poo and I ran right home after work to find this clip on youtube, THANK YOU.

And it was exactly what I thought it would be. Her being super uncomfortable, fidgety, on the edge and ready to explode in rage at any second, while Bill just sat there cool as a cucumber and shut her down without expending much effort- which would, of course, make her even more mad.

The best part is the only thing she was mad about that she awkwardly read to him was the comment they already went back and forth about like, what, last year or some poo poo? Jesus, let it go. You're an adult.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Cocaine is the most annoying drug.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Zogo posted:

The last time he was on was monumental. That 20-25 minutes was worth an Emmy (or whatever awards are available for a guest appearance).

Amen. Probably the hardest I ever laughed at this show ever was his summer(?) appearance last year when he suddenly threw to commercial mid-panel.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I dunno if anyone else but me subscribes to the Real Time podcast but they always upload "2 minute Maher" which is him trying out the week's monologue the day before and sometimes they're compete total dogshit. The one from last weeks might be my favorite ever because of how hard he bombed.

I love Bill but god drat it is funny hearing someone like him who doesn't give a gently caress bomb. I don't think he kept any of it for the actual show.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't have HBO anymore but I've been listening to the show for free for like a year through HBO's official Real Time podcast on iTunes. It might sound like :filez: but they themselves put every single episode as well as overtime up there for free every week (but it's audio only). Not really sure what they gain from it, but I'm not complaining :shobon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

IRQ posted:

Shep Smith is fairly level headed too from what I've seen.

But is he even a conservative though?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Steinuh posted:

Watching Bill on Leno was pretty sad just seeing the audience not know what the gently caress he was talking about. Then it became cringe worthy when the 2 people from the Jersey shore were on and they tried to give Bill tanning spray.

I don't know why he keeps going on there. The most cringeworthy moment I've ever seen on a live tv show was when he was asked if the they should be allowed to build the ground zero mosque during that whole debacle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_3TFf0S1dk

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Keyser S0ze posted:

It's a great show but I think they miss out on some viewers that may just pass through it thinking it's a cop show or something.

They didn't just make up the name for the HBO show, it's the name of their website/internet show/magazine(?). The name has a little story behind it also- it's derived from a previous magazine they used to work for I think.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

My favorite part was when Coulter tried to make a joke/point about if she's a fake then boy are liberals in trouble or whatever. It made no sense at all the way she phrased it and Bill just sat there really confused as she fumbled about for an agonizing minute trying to articulate her dumbass joke.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Awesome. I hope Carville brings one of his sick polos :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't understand why so many boomers like O'Rourke talk about today's youth being super spoiled and :siren:CELL PHONES:siren: as though somebody else raised them and made those purchases.