Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I love Kim Campbell :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Surprisingly Laura Flanders was more annoying than Andrew Breitbart.

I just watched it, and holy jesus she was loving annoying. What a yenta.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

Larry King seemed kinda useless in that panel, didn't he? What the hell was his show about if he can't participate in some political discourse?

He's doing some standup gig bullshit so all he did was try to be funny. He tries too hard to be neutral on everything, it adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Bill really does get terrible audiences. He does blame them for hating some lovely jokes too much, but if you can't get a group to chant USA after a pro America discussion, what the gently caress. I'm not even American but he wants to retake patriotism from the right? Not a great way

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

ApexAftermath posted:

Jesus that last section with Chaz got very uncomfortable for a bit.

Yeah it felt pointless. He/she is terribly uncharismatic and a boring guest. As much as I hate her, Ann Coulter is the best guest in a while. She's a humorless bitch normally but on Bill's show she seems to enjoy the sarcastic fun and attention.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
That episode was really annoying. I found myself turning it down at the quibbling and as others mention, the conservative dude was really annoying. He'd pipe in with absolutely nothing and beat the dead horse. PJ made the episode before uncomfortable and was annoying.

lovely guests can really ruin the show. I actually enjoy Ann Coulter as a guest as much as I disagree with everything she says. Most conservative guests aren't entertaining at all but at least she is.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
What a fantastic episode. I think the best part was Maher having to tell people to calm the gently caress down and shut the gently caress up. West and the Aussie dude were on fire together, especially the heckling during New Rules.

Cornell West is the best guest. "Brother Bill"

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Holy everliving poo poo was that Kennedy broad annoying. Everything was a Libertarian talking point and somehow sexism worked its way into three arguments that had nothing to do with it. She interrupted and spat out nonsnese and I was really hoping Bill would say shut the gently caress up during the first five or ten minutes of the panel. That Republican wearing the stupid loving Hawaiian shirt with the stupid loving necklace reminded me of my old "I'M NOT RACIST IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS" racist uncle.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Cacator posted:

I enjoyed it when she said she was a philosophy major (which meant she was allowed to categorize atheism as a religion) and the crowd laughed at her.

I think it was supposed to be a joke and a dig against liberal arts students but who knows because her attempts to be funny fall flat

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I never thought I'd like Suzie Orman.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Kim Campbell :allears:

That dork in the middle had absolutely nothing to contribute.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

HBO just renewed this show for two more seasons:

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/hbo-re-ups-real-time-bill-maher-2-more-seasons-37239

4.1 million viewers per episode? That's actually surprisingly good. I have no idea what Leno/Letterman/Daily Show pull in but that seems pretty solid.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Former Human posted:

I have no idea what Kirk Douglas is saying.

That was really painful.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Gillespie was incredibly annoying. If the market asks for labels they will get labels on their food... Right after a point about how 9 out of 10 people want it.

I don't care about genetically modified food but Jesus Libertarians are annoying.

Rachel trying to say she reports the news and doesn't offer opinion on it was pretty entertaining, even if they other guy was a giant rear end in a top hat.

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 23, 2012

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I have no idea who that first guest was but I enjoyed the poo poo out of it.

What in the everliving gently caress was he thinking when he agreed to be on the show? He picked a bad night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Holy gently caress that was a bad episode