Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Thank God Coulter is on the beginning of the show. Don't think I could put up with her on the panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Je suis fatigue posted:

E: She makes up more poo poo than Paul Ryan my god shut up.
Romney only flipped on one issue? Yeah right.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
God that was awful. Hoping New Rules redeems this episode.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

comes along bort posted:

Oh man Tweety came amped and ready to kill tonight.

Lively panel tonight.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Acquilae posted:

The CNBC reporter's debt ceiling quote was :psyboom:

Here she goes again.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Narcissus1916 posted:

Holy poo poo, Mary Matalin tripping balls was the greatest thing I've seen all week.

Tough to watch, her arguing against more women in politics was mind boggling.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Maybe it is because I've been hardened to how terrible Issa is that I actually think he wasn't that bad tonight. Low expectations.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Zogo posted:

Was he really talking about pizza during the SOTU?

He invited a pizza place owner and the young dude who tosses the dough to the SotU. He used them as examples of a small business owner who gave employees raises above the minimum wage. Kinda a FU to Papa Johns owner who has been a dick about Obamacare and minimum wage.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

comes along bort posted:

Ten minutes into the panel and Bill Kristol doesn't disappoint.

e: Grampa's story time with Bruce Dern has improved the show immeasurably.

I love how Bill called him out, something like "have you met a war you didn't like."

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Ungoal posted:

Dinesh D'Souza being on the next show should be interesting given his history with Bill Maher. Calm down.

Bill busted his chops about his indictment.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Saw Bill's standup last week in Red Bank and he was pretty drat funny. No Chris Christie jokes which I was surprised about but I guess he used them all up.

Edit: holy crap just watching this episode, can't believe they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to have Andy Dean on it. I catch his radio show once in a while and he is awful.

tomapot fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 2, 2014

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Missed his show, but saw the Keith Obermann, Michael Moore play by play while he transitioned between shows. His standup act was the same one he delivered in NJ when I saw him live.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Shadow posted:

To be fair, comedians try out material and organically evolve their routines while touring, or doing local comedy club acts. When they have an opportunity to do a special, it's essentially going to turn into a Best Of with a routine that fits the time allotted and their best recent material.

Think of comedians as musicians. Some have tons of songs so seeing them after they shoot a special will usually mean new poo poo. Others have far less and recycle or do the same old thing over and over again. George Carlin and Louis CK are good examples of the former. That Russell Peters dude is a prime example of the latter.

Maher's stuff will always be topical Rage Against the GOP because that's his thing. And he's been touring all year gearing up for his special last week. If you saw him recently in NJ, there's no surprise his special was one big repeat for you aside from anything topical that occurred between the show in NJ and last Friday.

I'm a fanboy so I'm not bitching. My only complaint was that in the NJ show he didn't lay into Christie more.
He had a lot of audience interruptions in the HBO show which was lovely, I tuned in to watch Maher not some dude who thinks he's witty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Slightly Toasted posted:

Man Mary looked like she wanted to punch something that entire show

She has personal space issues, just couldn't stop grabbing Cornell's hand/arm when she was talking to him.