Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

az
Dec 2, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

This is easily the worst episode I have seen so far.

poo poo panel.

Terrible questions.

Schoolyard taunting.

Pen Jilette saved the day.

Penn still is a terrible libertarian tool, bad episode.

edit: John Fund is so goddamn dumb and crazy.

az fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

az
Dec 2, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

Penn was very entertaining and charismatic. That is why I liked him.

Fund was horrific. I cannot believe how horrendous Maher and that "leftist" guy in the middle were at arguing.

Reagan needed to ring up the debt because he knew he was going to succeed in stopping the Cold War and he did. Thats also the reason why we are doing so today to end the war on terror.

Really? I mean REALLY? Nobody could shut him up with something against that?

Most of what Fund and Caruso said were made up talking points, like the REAGON REAGAN REAGEN drivel, and it really disappointed me that they didn't get a fire lit under them for most of it. Hartman tried but he was visibly fed up and annoyed in the end and just gave up I think.

az
Dec 2, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm going to kill myself now. No really that was THAT bad.

How is that woman on tv.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Who is that person and why is she on tv.

I'm watching her right now, being an ugly, smarmy, repulsive annoying bitch and I really cannot understand how she got on the show and why Bill doesn't just give his lovely guests a hoedown sometime.

PS: mexican children stealing are educations and medicines

az fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 28, 2012

az
Dec 2, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

Because NASA invents guidance systems that make your weapons more accurate! :science:

Who needs accuracy when you can just drop more bombs.

az
Dec 2, 2005

That has been a problem for a few weeks or months now. Dumb guests that are never put on the spot for talking poo poo and lame joke segments that are more awkward than funny.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Zogo posted:

I was reading about S. E. Cupp and found it strange that she's an atheist who penned a book titled "Losing Our Religion: The Liberal Media's Attack on Christianity."

Dissociative identity disorder?

The liberal media is to conservatives as a dingo is to australian mothers.

az
Dec 2, 2005

^^^
I did not know that!

fart blood posted:

To all of you discussing your worst panel ideas....have you all forgotten when Robin Williams was on the panel many years ago? He was the only one Bill Maher looked like he wanted to run over with his fists. He was loving unbearable.

Robin Williams the actor and comedian? What happened on the show?

az
Dec 2, 2005

So Robin Williams the movie edition.

edit: maybe the only tv appearance of Joe Biden where he didn't say the dumbest things :allears:

az fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 25, 2012

az
Dec 2, 2005

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I usually kind of like Salam's act on Real Time but he totally ruined that show. I really wanted to hear what Cuban had to say because Rich Sensible Republican is some sort of rare endangered species and he has a lot to say on the SuperPac stuff but he was stuck trying to work around the shrieking moron.

Is Kuban a republican? He always struck me as a democrat.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Frot Lesnar posted:

The Fountainhead.

Oh my God.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I just noticed the intro when he had Biden and Affleck as guests years ago. Why can't we have nice guests anymore? Bill, you're not even picking a republican to mix it up but you get the craziest loonies that kill all proper discourse.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Cupp's level of smugness is only matched by her ability to be wrong about everything.

az
Dec 2, 2005

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Cupp v. Sullivan: FIGHT!

I came here to post this, just passed that point.

Edit: Shoot Cupp into the sun. I'd so very much like to see someone try to argue against her "Democrats make women feel weak and powerless" waffle.

edit2: Oh god overtime. "Obama's foreign policy is worse than Bush's" :smug:

az fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Nov 10, 2012

az
Dec 2, 2005

Fragmented posted:

I've never watched this Cupp lady before, does she always make a face like she's smelling a fart?

That's her smug condescension face.

az
Dec 2, 2005

TLG James posted:

Overtime:

Sam L Jackson said he was with Bruce Willis in Die Hard 2. :lol:

I took a double take at that too. And then I went and watched Loaded Weapon again, thanks Sam!

az
Dec 2, 2005

You need robots to judge robot candidates I guess. :allears:

az
Dec 2, 2005

Watching Booker on talk tv always makes me a bit upset because he is such a nice, affable and photogenic politician, it seems certain to me that he will be run the gently caress over by hardass political operatives as soon as he gets into the inner circle of high politics from Senator and above.

edit: Getting into the segment with Harris now makes me want to punch a guy. Equalizer my rear end.

edit2: Now I understand why this show needs a token republican every week. If there isn't one, Maher starts talking over his best liberal guests.

az fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 3, 2013

az
Dec 2, 2005

Lmao why is "Romantic triangle" a felony on that list.

az
Dec 2, 2005

escape artist posted:

Uhhh... It's not. That's why it's in the "other than felony" list.

Oh well that ruined the funny but still, what's that got to do on that list. And why the hell are sniper attacks, gang and institutional killings not felonies.

az
Dec 2, 2005

FuriousxGeorge posted:

There was a lot of talking over heads on the gun stuff, but it came down to Booker didn't have a defense for the AWB but didn't want to admit it. They agreed on everything else. The actual Democratic plan right now probably already knows it won't pass though so they just want to push the sensibleness of the reasonable stuff they will pass as compromise.

I think he was trying to talk about it (DATA) but Maher shushed him a few times and changed the subject. What I think he wanted to talk about is how some police data shows that the AWB worked in pulling those guns off the street by large margins. Unless you mean something else.

az
Dec 2, 2005

^^

That too.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Well he kept going back to handguns being what killed people in places like Newark, which they agreed on, so the question is why bother pulling the assault weapons off the street if they are not common in crime and can easily be substituted with handguns for mass shootings. He could not identify the problem that the AWB would solve.

It could be I missed something but I believe this is the part where Maher kept butting into Booker talking. Booker said it was improtant to save as many people as possible while Harris and Maher flopped around that. Booker says that even saving one life is important wrt something as the AWB, what more is there to say?

az
Dec 2, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

That actually isn't bullshit, an AR-15 bullet is very light and tumbles in such a way that it won't penetrate well. Something like a .45 pistol has a much better chance of going through walls.

Not saying this is a good reason to have an AR-15 around the house but it's not bullshit.

No, you're talking about soft point of hollow point bullets. Regular 5.56/.223 FMJ (full metal jacket) will go much further than bog standard .45 and with much less derivation to the sides.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I don't know why I bother with this show anymore.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Stupid millenials just wish they were as important as we gen x-ers :smug:

az
Dec 2, 2005

quote:

Stephen "Ugly Face" Moore

The people that hawk over wikipedia, correcting everything in minutes have no fun in life. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

az
Dec 2, 2005

Vicechat since it doesn't have a thread yet and is produced by Maher. I liked the episode well, it was informative and I got to learn about two current events that I didn't know much about before. My only gripe would be that I find 26 minutes way too short for interesting journalism. And I'm glad they didn't have their braindamaged drug tester guy on (yet).