Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
1) I guess this is similar to the balloon on the pitch at anfield so a drop ball?
2) Let them do it, I don't really see an issue.
3) Didn't Crespo do something similar to this against Arsenal years ago? Can you even be offside if you're not on the pitch? I'm going to say the goal stands because it's YATF and that is how it rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Offside, and since "trip" doesn't sound particularly violent just leave it at that. If it was in some way violent give a card to warrant the severity of the violence, still offside though.
2) I'd allow it because that's just how I roll. Which hand is the whistle in is probably faster though.
3) Send him off, write it in the report.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Psybro posted:

Yes, in CONCACAF away goals scored in extra time don't 'count double', therefore getting rid of the tiresome old complaint that extra time with the away goals rule is unfair. I'm happy to see the away goals rule kick in after 180 minutes but if it's still level to do away with it for the final half an hour, as I don't really know if it serves a purpose at that stage.
If away goals aren't going to count after the 180 minutes you have to just go straight to penalties otherwise you're giving the home side a blatant advantage.

Away goals is about as fair a system as you will get that doesn't lead to 2 games of basically attack vs defence (which is terrible) and that can't be gamed with some ridiculous tactic.

Nobody wants to see a game decided by penalties so rewarding a bit of attacking intent from an away side seems fairer to me.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Goal. My only little doubt is based on the whole Evra thing from a few weeks ago, but since it's all already happened don't be a dick about it.
2) Foul. Book him for being a dick.
3) Let it go since pulling it back to make him walk onto the pitch to then fetch the ball and take the throw is a dick move.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5loeV-_4og
Hilarious.

1) This question sure does like to make an appearance. Offside.
2) Drop ball, punch an attacking player in the face for being a dick.
3) Seriously? I'm going to say that you should stop play for inadequate kit because at this point they've obviously stopped giving the slightest semblance of a gently caress.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

ManoliIsFat posted:

When does he become active in the play?
He becomes active when the ball hits him and goes in. It doesn't matter that he's onside at that point since he was offside when the shot was taken.

1) I assume offside but the wording is bad.
2) Straight red defender, not sure about yellow for the striker but probably a yellow then red. Write it into match report etc etc.
3) gently caress it, goal, he's not holding him down he's actively helping the player up. Nothing would have changed if he had just left him on the floor.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Redundant posted:

1) I assume offside but the wording is bad.
2) Straight red defender, not sure about yellow for the striker but probably a yellow then red. Write it into match report etc etc.
3) gently caress it, goal, he's not holding him down he's actively helping the player up. Nothing would have changed if he had just left him on the floor.
Three for three, for once I get to be smug about the most important thing there is... YATR :smug:

I'm somewhat shocked that the offside question stumped people, I get that the whole "phases of play" thing has muddied the water somewhat but that seemed incredibly straight forward still.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Not a penalty since it's not deliberate.
2) They love their betting/bribe questions. Note in match report, give no fucks about it for the second half.
3) Depends what he said. If it's not too bad book him, if it's really bad (or I'm in a bad mood) send him off and the sub can go and sit down again. Consider punching him in the face.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Lamont Cranston posted:

There we have it! Not surprised by #1, though I eagerly await the flood of defenders holding both their arms out any time the opposing side gets the ball.
But you'd have to play like that when your team had the ball too otherwise you're deliberately making your body area bigger when not in possession.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Warn him then 3-0 win to the other team if he's still being a dick about it.
2) Are you loving kidding me? Goal. He can take it in his pants for all I care, hardly a safety risk at that point.
3) Tough poo poo really. Goal. As a random story - I was at an Arsenal game (FA Cup vs Wolves I believe) when Gallas scored in the last minute. Everyone was celebrating still when the replay came up on the big screen. The entire stadium (including the officials) could see that Gallas was about a yard offside, the players pointed this out to the ref who just kind of shrugged apologetically.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Lamont Cranston posted:

1) Drop ball restart from 6 yard box, mention in match report, punch ball boy.

2) Yellow for unsporting behaviour, red for violent conduct. Mention in match report.

3) Freekick to attacking team, red card defender if it's deemed :siren:DOGSO:siren: otherwise a yellow for a professional foul. I'd say red but that's just me.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Swap player, team still has 3 subs but can't name a replacement so they have 1 less player on the bench.
2) Thassa goal. No further action either but have a quiet word before the restart and tell him to be less of a dick in future.
3) Wow, I'm a terrible ref. The decisions made now though and what I say is final, I'm sticking to my guns and flashing a yellow at anyone who complains. I've already made a potentially game changing gently caress up so in for a penny in for a pound.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

foobardog posted:

3. Do nothing and hope they score. The player that received the ball was not in an offside position when the ball was kicked, because you can't be offside on a corner, so he's not now. The other players if the image is correct aren't offside either, since the ball is past the defenders (except for the corner taker).
It means player 1 passes the ball to player 2, player 2 puts his foot on the ball and stops it, player 1 then runs onto the now still ball and whips a cross in. Player 1 is then offside due to the second pass since stopping the ball is still kind of passing.

Quanta posted:

Van Persie crossed it into the box after the ball was teed, but he was still flagged offside. Arsenal stopped using that tactic afterwards.
Why didn't they just have the guy in the player 2 role just slow the ball down a lot? Surely then it would technically be a pass backwards so RVP couldn't be offside and the entire thing is basically identical?

1) If he is impeding the vision of the keeper then it's offside.
2) Surely this can't be allowed as regulation kit? Make him change it, try not to get punched in the face in the process.
3) Offside. I'm pretty sure a pass has to be backwards not level to get around this rule.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Mickolution posted:

How would wearing boxing gloves injure the keeper?
I guess they limit the possible range of motion so could increase the risk of landing awkwardly. They're heavier too so reactions would be slower and he might take a shot right to the face... that would be devastating.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Aren't you allowed to stutter in your run up now? I'd allow it if I'm honest or at worst a retake. gently caress sending the guy off, that violates the "don't be a dick" rule.
2) IFK for obstruction. Yes, the keeper went down due to his own incompetence but that was brought about by obstruction.
3) Thassa goal. Who gives a gently caress if he was offside before it went out of play and just stayed offside? Punch any defender who dares complain.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Tough break but deal with it. Book the dumbass for a stupid celebration, send him off if you think it was intentional.
2) Sure thing.
3) Disallow goal, free kick from a position on the pitch as close to the incident as possible, so I guess from on the line.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Ovenmaster posted:

Here's a poo poo question one of you can send in if you feel like it:

"A goalie miss-kicks a goal kick, sending the ball slowly spinning out of the penalty area. Since it's the dying minutes of a game, the only field player near the goal is the other teams' striker. Before the ball exits the penalty area to him, however, the goalie runs up and picks up the ball. The opposing team is outraged. What now?"

It's probably pretty easy now that I think about it.
I think they have had something similar (a defender clattered the striker before he could run to the ball), I'm pretty sure you just retake the goal kick whilst shouting "mulligan".

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

During the game you notice that one of the managers is a Jedi and has been subtly manipulating the ball and linesmen to garner an unfair advantage. You approach to reprimand him and he informs you that he is not the manager you are looking for. What do you do next?

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Hope they put professional pride/their ego ahead of obtaining their freedom and turn up for the second half like nothing ever happened. Hope stewards do their job.
2) Go onto internet message boards and try to get the "ref goal=goal of the season!" bandwagon up and running. Become minor internet celebrity.
3) Fine everyone £100,000. Include any fans in Santa gear in the raft of fines you are throwing out as they may be part of the conspiracy :tinfoil:

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Give that man a goal, allow manager to punch his keeper in the face.
2) Based on how it's worded I would pull play back, give a penalty and book/send off the defender depending on the position of the other defenders.
3) Indirect free kick for the attacking team, to be taken from the edge of the 6 yard box. Book the defender for unsportsmanlike behaviour... sure why not? Note it in the match report so other people can laugh at it too.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

There have been instances of Robbie Fowler and maybe Arshavin going down without contact, a penalty being given and them flat out telling the ref that it wasn't a foul and it shouldn't be given. The ref has to stand by his decision though.

e:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUrcX6kpkU0

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) Retake
2) 2 reds
3) Golazo

I'm expecting some nonsense about "goal scoring opportunities" to be mentioned in regards to the first because Hackett.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

A player coming back from an offside position when the ball is played to receive the ball in an onside position is a thing happens a lot, it has it's own little ref action to signify what's happened and everything. The only difference here is the player is coming back over the halfway line instead of back behind the last defender. It's clearly offside is what I'm saying. Once he touches the ball without anyone else getting involved that clearance effectively becomes a pass to him, when that pass was made the striker was in an offside position. I'm shocked that this is the one being discussed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

1) That is vague as hell since wording and context are kind of important but at least a booking for unsporting behaviour.
2) No goal, send off brawlers. I like that this question is basically "someone does something before you have chance to blow your whistle, does it still count?" because the answer is always no, it does not.
3) Get better assistants, stick with your instincts, no goal.

• Locked thread