Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Brandy Alexander posted:

3>Corner

Why wouldn't that be a red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Vagabundo posted:

If only there were a way to find Keith Hackett's answers.

quote:

3) Award an indirect free-kick on the goal area line parallel to the goalline at a point nearest the position of the offence. The keeper has deliberately handled the ball from a direct kick from a team-mate. He's not guilty, though, of the red card offence of denying a goal because keepers are allowed to handle the ball inside their own penalty area: his offence is specific.

Huh, good to know.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Modus Trollens posted:

1) Offside position, offside
When does he become active in the play?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ras Het posted:

1. Red and penalty; just because he has an excuse for it doesn't mean it's not an unnatural position and thus a handball.
Twist for #1, what if instead of being caused by injury, the dude just had a messed up shoulder from birth and his arm always stuck out like that.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mickolution posted:

For the second one, I know there's no rule about the size of gloves, so it should be ok on that front. Only thing I can think of is maybe they should have been inspected before kick-off? Probably ok though.

I'm gonna make 3ft x 3ft gloves with netting

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

If the dog is harassing one team more than the other or his coat looked more like one of the team's kits, count him as a 12th man, yellow for coming on the field without being acknowledged. Nothing in the Laws says a dog can't play (see: air bud 3: world pup http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161220/).

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 24, 2012

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

For 3, I thought all kits had to be identical, so them saying "but its last year's design" makes me think it's off (different stripes or something) and thus not cool.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

that's gotta be the strangest artist's rendering of an fro ever, fellaini looks like a lion

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Hoops posted:

It's a good question for any other week (yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct I guess), but it's not going to win most original. I'm trying to work something out with time travel from a black hole appearing on the pitch.

[edit] would it technically be possible, during the transfer window, for a team to sign one of their opponent's players at half-time?

"A midfielder, totally pumped up from his halftime talk, runs up and down the pitch near the speed of light, .9c, for the final 45 minutes. How much extra injury time do you add to account for the effects of time dilation? Does the game end for everyone at the same time?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Your linesman has recently begun taking evening classes on quantum mechanics and with his newfound knowledge of the ambiguity of space and time says that the Heisenberg principal limits his true knowledge of offside and refuses to participate in this Newtonian illusion we have built for ourselves. How do you proceed?

• Locked thread