Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

Where is the coffee thread for grinders and brewers? And to be told I am bad at coffee.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437887

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

thank you

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Herr Tog posted:

Where is the coffee thread for grinders and brewers? And to be told I am bad at coffee.

e: snide comment removed as I didn't see the last page.

Cheat sheet:

Do you just want a regular-rear end cup of coffee/latte? Go to 1. If you want crazy poo poo, go to 4.
1) Do you need more than 4 cups at at time? If Yes, go to 2. If no, go to 3.
2) Any Mr. Coffee style drip coffee maker is fine. No really, the drip mechanism makes the temp about right, they're fine.
3) Aeropress. Goddamn this thing is cool, and cheap, and customizable. You can make any kind of coffee you want in this thing.
4) Strong drip coffee is NOT loving ESPRESSO. GODDAMN. Click the link above for more.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Is there a huge disparity in water filter jugs/faucet attachments? I put so many bottles in the recycle every month that maybe I should switch to something better.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

KingShiro posted:

Is there a huge disparity in water filter jugs/faucet attachments? I put so many bottles in the recycle every month that maybe I should switch to something better.

If you have even rudimentary plumbing skills, you should install and under the sink filter. Costs about 50 bucks and will last you a year befoe you need to replace the filter.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like freshly cracked ground pepper.

But I don't like biting into the big broken cracked pepper kernel pieces.

Is there a pepper grinder that grinds pepper kernels super duper fine so I can't tell they're there when I eat stuff?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I bought the ones recommended by sweethome, I think the magnum? at the finest setting it's basically outputting powder.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bhodi posted:

I bought the ones recommended by sweethome, I think the magnum? at the finest setting it's basically outputting powder.

Sounds great! Where do I find that?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Sounds great! Where do I find that?

Looks like there's an update so have five thousand words about pepper mills http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-pepper-mill/

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bhodi posted:

Looks like there's an update so have five thousand words about pepper mills http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-pepper-mill/

So basically I'm looking at the Peugeot Paris u'Select, then?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Well, read the wall of text and see which one rated the highest for fine grinds. It may not be the #1 overall.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bhodi posted:

Well, read the wall of text and see which one rated the highest for fine grinds. It may not be the #1 overall.

It's really hard to tell. According to that wall-o-text, metal shards came out of the Magnum they tested, so you might ought to consider a new pepper mill yourself.

Apart from that, the Peugeot appears to be the best for fine grinds, but I only skimmed the article.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I only skimmed the article.

If you want a recommendation, mine would be to read the article. (Also the magnums are rad, I think they got a bum one)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Croatoan posted:

If you want a recommendation, mine would be to read the article. (Also the magnums are rad, I think they got a bum one)

I hit the larger points. I was just hoping for more of...... a quick recommendation.

I got that the the Peugeot is great for finer grinds, and that the one below it isn't particularly good about those.

I think it sounds like the Peugeot is the way to go. That or the Magnum, based on the recommendations in this thread.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I use the magnum for cooking because it will output huge amounts of pepper. I use the Peugot for seasoning because it will get the grind size down to fine powder. I've never had my magnum get it that fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

dino. posted:

I use the magnum for cooking because it will output huge amounts of pepper. I use the Peugot for seasoning because it will get the grind size down to fine powder. I've never had my magnum get it that fine.

Right now I'm more concerned with grind fineness than output volume; the finer, the better. So it sounds like Peugeot is the way to go, then?

I can always buy a Magnum for cooking purposes later, if I need to.

• Locked thread