Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

elwood posted:

I love history, I love random facts, I love just sperging through wikipedia. You know what it's like to read stuff on wikipedia though, you start with an interesting topic and a few hours and numerous clicks later you end up at a weird article that you think is totally made up. Take for example the article about the franco-prussian war of 1870, wich brought me to Strasbourg which brought me to this article:

Dancing_Plague_of_1518

Yes, you didn't misread that, the dancing plague of 1518.

Now, I don't know about you, but I've never heard of that before and at first I thought this has to be made up, but it looks legit.

What other strange but true historical events have you found through wikipedia or whatever that you couldn't believe really happened?

That would be the first known case of doping the local well with a half ton of e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU