Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«63 »
fishmonger
Jan 26, 2004

This is a title.

I bought a Secretlab Titan. It's huge and comfortable. I can't complain.
I find it more comfortable than an Aeron. And I'm not that big, I just appreciate the adjustability, comfortable foam, lumbar, headrest... just all works well.
Yeah, it looks like poo poo. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Where da purple drink at?

Is there anyway to replace the seat cusion on the Steelcase Leap V1? I think mine is worn out.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

My posting station is an ergonomic nightmare without even taking the chair into consideration, but my current chair feels like I am sitting on one of these guys;

So I need to replace it. I have done a little poking around CL looking for used high-end chairs and have come to the conclusion that I don't sit enough to really want to spend even $300-400 on a used chair. While there are weeks where I am poopsocking with the best of them, but there are more weeks when I don't even sit for more time than it takes to drink a coffee and read my email. I think I wanna spend like $200 but I can go higher if the difference of $50 is going to be huge.

Is there a recommended chair in this range? Or can I just go to ikea and just pick whatever feels more comfortable in the moment?

CloFan
Nov 5, 2004

The Adderall is working, and fuck if this drug doesn't feel good

After a few attempts, I finally found a chair that seems to work pretty good for me: https://www.samsclub.com/sams/wbd-s...plp:product:1:1

I'm sure someone will poo poo on it cause it ain't name brand, but it's got great lumbar support options which is what I wanted and it's pretty comfy otherwise.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Got a big STEM up my asshole.

I've found you don't need "lumbar support", it's just most people's backs are too weak to support them so they use it as a crutch instead of strengthening their backs by sitting correctly. Some even cause more problems, like the whole "arch support" shoe craze in the 90s.

break free from the clutches of big lumbar

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

WolfDad is Best Dad.

bongwizzard posted:

My posting station is an ergonomic nightmare without even taking the chair into consideration, but my current chair feels like I am sitting on one of these guys;

So I need to replace it. I have done a little poking around CL looking for used high-end chairs and have come to the conclusion that I don't sit enough to really want to spend even $300-400 on a used chair. While there are weeks where I am poopsocking with the best of them, but there are more weeks when I don't even sit for more time than it takes to drink a coffee and read my email. I think I wanna spend like $200 but I can go higher if the difference of $50 is going to be huge.

Is there a recommended chair in this range? Or can I just go to ikea and just pick whatever feels more comfortable in the moment?

The Ikea Markus is generally recommended in that price range, but make sure to try before you buy.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The Ikea Markus is generally recommended in that price range, but make sure to try before you buy.

Cool, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005
I plan to live forever.... So far so good!

I've also been looking at the Ikea Markus. It seems like a good chair, it's gotten pretty good reviews form fellow Goons and its "reasonably" priced. It felt good when I tried it in the store. Now to determine if I should get the leather or the other material...

«63 »