Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Chair / ergonomics question re: armrests.

Where are my arms supposed to rest while typing? My armrests only move up and down and have a minor u-shape indent along the long portion for an arm to rest in but it's creating a pressure point on my forearms that's causing some discomfort when typing or using my mouse. See the crummy paint job below.

What's the idea with using arm rests that don't rotate inwards to match the angle of my arms going in to the keyboard? Are they not intended to support the arms during typing / mouse use? How high up should the arm rests be relative to the desk top? Should I only be resting my elbow on the armrest with my wrists and forearms supported by the desk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU