Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Hi thread. I wasn't sure where else to ask, but I've been shopping for a new chair and desk.

Chairs are easy enough to search for but desks...

I want to be able to search for an L shaped desk 62" by 62" with a 26"+ working depth and there don't seem to be any retailers with a search function that allows for that. . I found that some of the desks on wayfair have their actual desktop depth listed, but there is no way to filter by that.

For L shaped desks most retailers list depth as just the other side of the L from width, rather than actual depth of the desk top. So when I google for what i'm looking for I get a bunch of desks listed as 62" depth. It's pretty infuriating.

Any suggestions?

th3t00t fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Zarin posted:

I'm not sure what the use case is, but does it need to be a full L? Or could two rectangular desks that fit the bill arranged next to each other in an L shape work?

I ask because essentially that is what I have going on at the moment - they touch on just one corner each, so I don't have the "full" L, but I feel like the "corner" of the L isn't fully useful as desk space anyway (unless you're specifically setting up to work in the corner, I guess)
I was considering this.

I ended up going to officemax with a tape measure and just measuring their Ls depth. https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/9801471/Realspace-Vista-Glass-76-W-L/

I settled on that. It's longer than I wanted enough so that it will stick out in front of my window on one side slightly, but it was perfect depth wise.

Now I need my local herman miller and steelcase dealers to open back up. I'm ready to spend my stimulus check on a chair.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Anybody have any luck(or horror stories) with https://officechairatwork.com/?

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Hello thread. I've been rocking a leap v1 for the past 3 years. But the cylinder went, so I bought a new one for $40.

I'm not sure how to describe the part that is loose, other than as the female receptacle for the cylinder on the bottom of the seat. It's not supposed to spin with the cylinder, but mine does, so there's no way to twist and remove the cylinder. It's a thin piece with a small gap around it, so I can only grip it with needle nose pliers.

Tried to WD-40 it and hold the loose piece with the needle nose and turn the cylinder with larger pliers and can't get it go.

Any bright ideas on how go about this?