Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I know the Aeron is like the gold standard of chairs, but I'm quite taken with the Herman Miller Embody (I think that spine-like structure on the back looks awesome). I've heard it billed in some places as superior to the Aeron- and it's also a bit more expensive.

Has anyone here had any experience with the Embody and/or have an opinion on it?

I just purchased an embody, and I use it for work. I can say that it is a little different compared to the aeron (which I sat in briefly). Right off the bat the Embody seems a little less stiff, and, since it doesn't have the mesh, it is a warmer seat (which may be a positive or a negative, for me I liked it more, because my office has the AC going on during the winter). It's so hard to explain without sitting your butt down in them, but they are both great chairs. The embody is a little narrower at the top, which makes reaching for things to your left and right a little better, and the arm rests are a lot more moveable than the aerons. The embody's armrests move out (to the left and right), as well as up and down.

I like the embody because I naturally want to lean back in my chair - the embody allows me to do this pretty well, and it's very comfortable for extended periods of time.

In all honesty, if you can find a herman miller retailer where you live, go down there and sit in some seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Wombot posted:

Oh joy, more things to spend money on!

I move around. A lot. I move from sitting bolt upright, to leaning to one side, to reclining, to reeeaally reclining. Do the chairs like the Leap or Embody, that claim to move with you, really feel better than chairs that have reclining backs and tiltable seats?

The embody is a tiltable chair (with a lever on the back which allows you to set your maximum recline angle), and the way the back is constructed, it should provide support if you are leaning to one side. It's a great chair.

EDIT: You are going to love your new chair, and you got an amazing deal for it, too.