Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm probably going to use my bonus this year to grab a new chair so I can move my GamerBrand RacerX chair to a room where I don't sit in it as much since I'm noticing it's starting to hurt to sit in for longer periods than a few hours. I've sat in both the Leap and Gesture and liked them both, and will probably go with one of those - is there a reason to prefer one to other? I like the look of the Gesture more but if the Leap has a reason to get it over the Gesture I'll go with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Argas posted:

Gesture's arms did it for me. When I'm not typing and using my phone, tablet, or Switch, the better range of motion and ease of adjustment makes it fast to adopt a more comfortable position and then swap back to even height armrests for typing.

Also I'm a wider person and the Leap's arms weren't far apart enough.

Price might be a big factor between the two but there can be mitigating factors there too.

The arms are what were making me lean towards the gesture, I’ll go with that and switch to leap if I don’t like it after the 30 day return period from the dealer in town.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

To update on my posts from a while back, I got my Gesture a few weeks ago, and it was completely worth it. I was having major shoulder issues that were just getting worse when I sat in my dumb gamer chair and those have pretty much gone away completely with the Gesture.