Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

This thread reminded me I promised myself a new office chair for Christmas and set some money aside.

I had a look around at the generic office chairs at most furniture stores I could find but was mostly unimpressed, this thread inspired me to check Online stores/Ebay and I've found a few potential leads.

Probably won't pan out at the price I want but I'm sure I'll eventually end with something of much higher quality than generic PU office chair #4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Anyone here from Australia know where to inquire about Hermann Miller chairs?

Looking at probably picking up a Aeron or Embody depending on prices but haven't got a reply back from the people I've emailed - probably as it's just a single unit for home use :(

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Tornhelm posted:

If you're looking at it online then http://www.innerspacestore.com.au has a few different HM chairs on offer, but you're looking at $1200 or so for an Aeron or $1650 for an Embody. Or if you live in Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne/Perth then Living Edge stores sell them too.

If you don't want to shell *that* much out for a chair, bestchair.com.au sell the ergohumans for $550 or a bunch of places sell the Buro Metro (which gets a lot of decent reviews) for about $330.

Ouch, I was expecting it to cost but that's a bit more than I expected still... Thanks for the alternate suggestions I'll check some more reasonable options out :(